Best mouthwash Switzerland
Which is the best mouthwash 2023?VIEW OFFER
The 10 best mouthwashes to buy in Switzerland
The top 10 list of the best mouthwashes lists various brands and prices
Review10Best compares the best mouthwashes in Switzerland and selects the one by Chlorhexamed as the best mouthwash. In a mouthwash buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different mouthwashes and see a recommendation on which mouthwash to buy in Switzerland in 2023. By considering the top list of mouthwashes, you can find the best mouthwashes and save time shopping online.
- Read the ultimate mouthwash buying guide
- View the mouthwash picks and see how they rank in the top list
Best mouthwashes: A complete buying guide
All you need to know before buying a great mouthwash
While not a necessary part of your daily oral hygiene regime, many people enjoy using mouthwash products, with dentists regarding it as a fine supplementary product to use alongside brushing and flossing. Yet with a bevy of products to choose from, not everyone is sure of how to find the best mouthwash for their oral hygiene, as some products are more suited for certain of dental issues.
Interested in using the best mouthwash possible to promote good oral hygiene? Then check out the guide below for all the info you need!
What are mouthwashes?
Mouthwash is an oral hygiene liquid used for a variety of reasons, from removing bad odours in the mouth to reducing bacteria associated with gum disease and tooth decay. It’s held in the mouth for a short time, often being swilled about at the same time, before being spit back out.
Why should you buy a good mouthwash?
There are few notable reasons to invest in a good mouthwash product, namely freshening your breath and removing any food debris in the mouth, although some specialist rinses offer relief or protection. For instance, fluoride rinses are the best mouthwash for protecting from decay, while antiseptic rinses are great at combating bacteria associated with gum disease. So, for anyone with a certain dental issue or those that want to maintain a high level of oral hygiene, buying a good mouthwash is certainly worthwhile
It’s worth noting however, even the best mouthwash products are only supplementary to brushing and flossing – you can’t replace either with just mouthwash!
How to choose the right mouthwash?
There’s a range of great mouthwash products out there, but they may not be the best choice depending on your dental health and any issues you might have. Here’s some important things to consider when looking the best mouthwash for your gums and teeth:
- Breath problems: For anyone that is having a problem with or is conscious about bad odours in their breath, then a breath-freshening mouthwash is the best choice. These are designed to battle the main causes of bad breath while avoiding unnecessarily high alcohol content found in other mouthwashes.
- Gum disease: If your main issue is dealing with – or looking to prevent – gum disease, then an antiseptic mouthwash is the better option to go for. This helps kill bacteria associated with gum disease, as well as decay, making them great for both dental problems.
- Decay: Preventing tooth decay requires regular brushing and flossing, but when adding in some fluoride mouthwash you can further protect your teeth. Fluoride strengthens tooth enamel and is a natural mineral, so it’s a great option for many looking to protect their teeth from decay.
- Sensitivity: Sensitive teeth or gums can make using a mouthwash rather uncomfortable, or even unbearable for some, so if this is the case be sure to look for suitable mouthwash. Natural or alcohol-free mouthwashes are typically the best option for sensitive teeth/gums.
What is the best kind of mouthwash in Switzerland?
There are a number of choices when it comes to types of mouthwashes, so one of them may be the best option for your own teeth and gums.
- Cosmetic Mouthwash: Often known as breath-freshening rinses, this is the best mouthwash for hiding bad odours in the mouth, which will be especially helpful for anyone suffering from halitosis. It’s also a great mouthwash even if your breath is fine, as it leaves it smelling minty fresh.
- Fluoride Mouthwash: These rinses contain sodium fluoride, which is provides a proactive coating for tooth enamel, helping to prevent decay. Most people will get their fluoride from toothpaste anyway, so it is usually only necessary for those that are especially susceptible to decay.
- Antiseptic Mouthwash: Kills bacteria associated with gum disease, and to a lesser extent tooth decay, making it a great mouthwash for those dealing with one or both issues. Can also be used to treat halitosis.
- Natural Mouthwash: Contains no alcohol or fluoride, making them a natural alternative to cosmetic mouthwashes. Often the best mouthwash for sensitive teeth due to the lack of alcohol.
Top 10 list of mouthwashes in Switzerland (June 2023)
The bestseller list compares brands and their mouthwashes. Which mouthwash is the best?
- Chlorhexamed daily mouthwash provides fresh breath and contains no alcohol
- Chlorhexamed daily mouthwash provides tooth decay protection thanks to the fluoride…
- The clinically tested dual formula with chlorhexidine effectively removes plaque…
- The colour and image of the item may vary due to the appearance of your screen.
- Box contents: 6 x 600 ml bottles of Listerine Cool Mint mouthwash; removes up to…
- 100% Recyclable Bottle, Contains 50% Recycled Plastic. Environmental tip: dispose…
- Not suitable for children under 6 years
- Recyclable bottle and vegan
- 0% alcohol - mouthwash experience without burning, but 100% breathtaking freshne…
- Not suitable for children under 6 years
- Recyclable bottle and vegan
- Antibacterial (protection against plaque bacteria with 2x daily use)
- Recyclable: recyclable packaging
- Alcohol-free: for daily oral hygiene
- Fresh breath: instantly gives fresh breath
- Box contents: 2 x 400 ml meridol mouthwash
- For optimal oral hygiene, use meridol mouthwash, toothpaste, toothbrush and dental…
- Alcohol-free mouthwash, suitable for pregnant women and children (from 7 years)
- Note: The packaging of the product may vary due to a design change.
- Please note: Rinse your mouth 1-2 times a day for approx. 30 seconds after brushing…
- - In order to complete your care routine particularly effectively and protect your…
- Bottle 100% recyclable* and contains 50% recycled plastic. Environmental tip: dispose…
- Fights Bacteria - The antibacterial mouthwash contains powerful essential oils and…
- Non-abrasive whitening technology - The mouthwash cleans the surface of the teeth…
- *Removing bacteria ensures sustained plaque reduction over the gum line after professional…
- Fights bacteria - The antibacterial mouthwash fights bacteria even where the toothbrush…
- All-round protection for healthy gums - LISTERINE antibacterial mouthwash protects…
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best mouthwashes, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a mouthwash test. Last Update: 2023/06/10. *Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping - Price may vary. Price converted (exchange rate: 1 EUR ≈ 0.98 CHF).