Review10Best compares the best puzzles in Switzerland and nominates the one from Ravensburger Spielverlag as the best puzzle. In our puzzles review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different puzzles and follow our recommendation on which puzzle to buy in Switzerland in 2018. With the puzzle comparison, you can be sure to buy the best puzzle on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate puzzle buying guide
- View our puzzle picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about puzzles
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Puzzles offer plenty of fun and entertainment, whether it’s played as part of a group or on your own. Yet with so many options to choose from, picking the best puzzle can feel overwhelming. Some puzzles aim to entertain while others are more about education and mental stimulation, so it there are several things you need to consider when looking for something to buy.
What are puzzles?
Broadly speaking, a puzzle is something that challenges the knowledge or intellect of the player. They come in many formats, but are available as games (e.g. a jigsaw puzzle), toys (e.g. a Rubik’s Cube) and word puzzles (e.g. crosswords).
The best puzzles depend entirely on the player, as some are designed for children while others are catered towards adults. They can come in varying levels of difficulty, with some providing mathematical and logistical problems to solve.
Why should you buy a good puzzle?
There are many reasons to buy a puzzle. For one thing, they are very entertaining, providing hours of fun while also stimulating the brain. You can play a puzzle with friends and family, and they are a great way to bond with people.
Better still, certain puzzles work the brain to great effect. For example, a jigsaw exercises the entire brain, offering benefits such as increased concentration, enhanced creativity, and even lowered blood pressure as it slows your breathing due to you focusing on the puzzle.
Children’s puzzles are great because they help kids to develop skills such as problem solving, critical thinking, hand-eye coordination, and creative thinking.
How to choose the right puzzle?
With almost an endless choice of puzzles available, finding one that you will enjoy can be rather tricky. Knowing what to look for can certainly help, so here’s some things to consider before you buy:
- Players: Will you be playing the puzzle on your own or with someone else? Certain puzzles are designed for a single player, while others can be enjoyed by several people, so think about who exactly is going to be puzzle.
- Age: This is very important if you’re looking to get children’s puzzles, as some will be too complex depending on their age. As kids grow, you want to get them more challenging puzzles, so looking at the age recommendation can be a big help.
- Complexity: Puzzles are mean to be challenging, which means they can get rather complex. This may fine if you’re looking for a real challenge, but remember that you want to enjoy solving the puzzle too. It’s important to consider this when buying for younger players, as you want to ensure the puzzle isn’t too complex and is within their abilities.
What is the best kind of puzzle in Switzerland?
As a puzzle involves questions and or problems that need to be solved, it can encompass many different formats, from games to toys with everything in-between. Here are some of the more common types of puzzles available to buy:
- Mechanical Puzzles: This type of puzzle involves problems base on mechanics, with the best example being a jigsaw or Rubik’s Cube. With these puzzles, mechanical pieces can be assembled, disassembled, interlocked, tangled, folded, locked etc., with the player required to solve a problem using these pieces.
- Logic Puzzles: As the name suggests, these puzzles require the player to use their logic (namely deduction) to solve a problem, which is usually presented on a grid, with many types of solutions available. Examples of logic puzzles include Sudoku, although they come in many forms with varying degrees of difficulty.
- Word Puzzles: These puzzles require the player to utilise their language knowledge, with crosswords and word searches being the most famous example of word puzzles. Again, complexities can vary but word puzzles are a great source of entertainment in most cases.
Top 10 list of puzzles in Switzerland (December 2018)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their puzzles rank and which puzzle is the best.
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price converted (exchange rate: 1 EUR ≈ 1.14 CHF). Price may vary. Last Update. 2018/12/18 08:44 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best puzzles