Review10Best compares the best radar detectors in Switzerland and nominates the one from No-Name as the best radar detector. In our radar detectors review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different radar detectors and follow our recommendation on which radar detector to buy in Switzerland in 2019. With the radar detector comparison, you can be sure to buy the best radar detector on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate radar detector buying guide
- View our radar detector picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about radar detectors
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best radar detectors provide drivers with a sound peace of mind when on the road. However, not everyone knows what to look for in a radar detector, making it difficult to buy the best one for your needs. Understanding how they work and what to look for makes finding the best radar detector much easier. Look below for all the info you need to get a great radar detector for your vehicle:
What are radar detectors?
A radar detector is an electronic device that can detect radar guns used by police to catch and fine speeding motorists. Fitted inside of a vehicle, good radar detector devices allow the driver to see when their speed is being measured and thus giving them the chance to adjust their speed in order to avoid any fines.
Why should you buy a good radar detector?
A good radar detector can make driving much less stressful. By detecting any radar gun well before you drive past it, investing in the best radar detector can save yourself the hassle of being caught speeding. Should you constantly be caught speeding, the tickets and fines all add up to become very expensive, while it may also increase your insurance rates. Further, such detectors are not about letting you speed freely in your car, but rather designed for drawing attention to the fact you are speeding in an area where your speed is being measured.
How to choose the right radar detector?
Don’t know what the best radar detector for your car is? Consider some of the following things before buying to get a better idea of what radar detector is best for your needs:
- Coverage: Not all radar detectors offer the same coverage. For instance, some cover just the front of your vehicle while others cover the front and rear. Great radar detectors therefore offer front and rear coverage, as it gives more opportunity to warn from various speed traps.
- Warning Method: A good radar detector should offer a suitable warning when approaching a speed detection device. The more information the better, as some detectors can provide data on things like radar strength, radar type, and direction. This can be very helpful for avoiding detection from various radar devices.
- Additional Features: The best radar detector devices come with a host of extra features to help with certain situations. For example, city mode is a great feature that adjusts the detectors range to a less sensitive setting to accommodate for city driving, which tends to have fewer detection devices compared to highways. Other features include GPS, voice alerts, and safety warning systems. Be sure to research any features that may be of use and look for devices offering them.
What is the best kind of radar detector in Switzerland?
There a few types of radar detector available, so it’s a good idea to know the differences to get an idea of which type is best suited for your needs. Here is a list of the most common types of radar detectors available:
- Corded Radar Detector: Connected to your vehicle via a cord, these are the most widespread devices and some of the cheapest. They tend to be mounted on the dashboard or the windshield using a suction cup and are the best radar detectors in terms of detection range.
- Cordless Radar Detector: Much easier to install, this is the best type of radar detector to use in several vehicles. It doesn’t need to be connected to anything, so can easily switch between vehicles.
- Mounted Radar Detector: Similar to corded radar detectors in that they are connected directly to the vehicle, but the main difference is mounted devices are permanently installed. This does make them harder to steal, but also means you can’t remove them when necessary.
Top 10 list of radar detectors in Switzerland (April 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their radar detectors rank and which radar detector is the best.
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/04/18 02:03 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best radar detectors