Review10Best compares the best roof boxes in Switzerland and selects the one by cartrend as the best roof box. In a roof box buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different roof boxes and see a recommendation on which roof box to buy in Switzerland in 2021. By considering the top list of roof boxes, you can find the best roof boxes and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate roof box buying guide
- View the roof box picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best roof box can be challenging when there are so many things to consider. From the type of vehicle you drive to having the right roof bars, there is a lot to think about to ensure that you find the right roof box for your needs, which is why it helps to do some research before you buy! To help with this, we have created a handy buying guide that covers all the useful information you need to know to find the best roof boxes for your needs.
What are roof boxes?
A roof box is a storage container that is attached to the roof of a vehicle using a roof rack. Available in a range of shapes and sizes, a roof box allows you to significantly increase the storage capacity of a vehicle, making it especially popular amongst outdoor enthusiasts for transporting camping equipment.
Why should you buy a good roof box?
A good roof box is a fantastic investment for anyone that loves camping, providing lots of additional storage space for equipment, sleeping bags, tents etc. However, you don’t need to be a fan of the outdoors to enjoy the benefits of a roof box, as the additional storage space is incredibly useful for all kinds of travelling that require you to take lots of things, such as suitcases during a holiday or sports equipment for training sessions.
Regardless of what you transport, a roof box ensures that the interior of the car remains spacious and clutter-free, making those long drives even more comfortable for both passengers and the driver.
How to choose the right roof box?
Not sure what you need in the best roof box? Here are some things to consider:
- Capacity: The first thing to consider when buying a new roof box is its capacity. Boxes come in various sizes so make sure you think about how much storage space you require to ensure you get the right size for your needs. For example, if you mostly travelling solo then you will probably be fine with a smaller box than someone who is travelling with their family or several people.
- Size: You need to ensure that any roof box you choose is the right size for your vehicle. While a roof box attaches to most types of roof rack, its size may be unsuitable, such as buying an extra-large box for a small vehicle. Check the width and length of any box and check if it this is compatible with your roof.
- Shape: Not only should you consider the size of the roof box but also the shape, as this can influence what else you can transport with you. For example, a kayak is too large for a roof box, so if you buy a narrow shaped roof box you can store belongings in the box and attach the kayak next to it on the roof. The wider the box, the fewer objects you can transport on the roof next to it, so bear this in mind when you buy.
What is the best kind of roof box in Switzerland?
Roof boxes are most often categorised by their shape, with the most common options including:
- Narrow Roof Boxes: Narrow roof boxes let you attach other objects to the roof rack, most notable a kayak or similar outdoor equipment that doesn’t fit inside the box. These have a much smaller capacity so are best for individual travelling.
- Medium Width Roof Boxes: A medium width roof box takes up slightly more space than a narrow box. It is designed to let one or two bikes be attached on the roof rack next to the box, thus being great for anyone travelling in pairs.
- Wide Roof Boxes: Takes up most of the roof space so does not allow for much else to be transported outside of the box. Great for carrying luggage, large backpacks, camping gear etc.
- Long-Wide Roof Boxes: One of the largest sizes available, offers incredible capacity but is hard to manoeuvre by yourself, so may not be best for solo travel. One of the best roof boxes for family travelling.
- Long Roof Boxes: Not as wide as other boxes but offers a good length, allowing all kinds of belongings to be stored while being easy to handle by yourself.
Top 10 list of roof boxes in Switzerland (October 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their roof boxes. Which roof box is the best?
- Maximum recommended speed: 130 km/h.
- Suitable for all standard carrier systems, with variable distance for the cross bars.…
- Features: universal quick assembly fixing kit 2 (coated wire loop), interior luggage…
- With this box you can easily get your suitcase, bags or skis.
- The box contents include the roof box and detailed assembly instructions (English…
- The total dimensions are 130 x 79 x 35 cm / 200 x 79 x 37.5 cm (L x W x H).
- What components are included in the scope of delivery: 1 cover, 1 lid, 4 fixing…
- 100% made in Italy
- Warranty 2 years
- "U-bracket" mounting kit.
- One-sided opening on the right.
- Calculated volume: approx. 320 litres. Capacity: 55 kg.
- SecureLock system provides maximum security with an easy turn button that protects…
- DualSide opening for convenient mounting, loading and unloading
- The tool-free Quick-Grip mounting system attaches the box to the roof rack in less…
- The special shape and moved-forward position of the roof box allow for perfect access…
- Central locking system provides maximum security. The user-friendly key can only…
- Fast-grip, quick-release system for fast and safe one-hand assembly.
- Lockable thanks to central locking
- Material: PS plastic
- 'Roof boxes "Duo right as opened to the left
- Technical details: Length: 100 x height 40 x width 80 cm. Dimensions of the storage…
- Tool-free installation. Quick assembly time.
- Metal structure in the ground for more stability. Made of water repellent polyamide.…
- Rooftop Thule Motion XT Cargo Carrier XL.
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best roof boxes, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a roof box test. Last Update: 2021/10/20.