Review10Best compares the best ski helmets in Switzerland and selects the one by ALPINA as the best ski helmet. In a ski helmet buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different ski helmets and see a recommendation on which ski helmet to buy in Switzerland in 2021. By considering the top list of ski helmets, you can find the best ski helmets and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate ski helmet buying guide
- View the ski helmet picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Buying the best ski helmet could save your life, with the protective gear being essential for safe participation in winter sports. However, finding the right ski helmet can be difficult for first-time buyers as there are many things that you need to consider in order to ensure that you get the right helmet. Check out the buying guide below for all the information you need to find the best ski helmets:
What are ski helmets?
A ski helmet is a type of helmet designed for winter sports like skiing and snowboarding. Similar in design to a safe bicycle helmet, a ski helmet consists of a hard-plastic outer shed and a soft inner padding, while it may include features like a visor, ventilation, earmuffs and a mount for ski gooles.
Why should you buy a good ski helmet?
Winter sports like skiing are very dangerous so it’s vital for your own safety that you use the best ski helmet. Crashing or colliding without a safe ski helmet is certain to cause severe injury and possible death, giving all the incentive you need to wear one. If you are passionate about skiing it’s a great idea to get your own helmet. While its easy to rent one, buying your own ensures the most comfortable fit and any extra features you might want.
How to choose the right ski helmet?
Here are some things to consider when looking for the safest ski helmets:
- Head Size: The ski helmet must fit your head properly, so you’ll want to measure your head so that you can choose the right size. Place a measuring tape around your head at the largest point, which is above the eyebrows, holding it level to get an accurate circumference. You can then use this measurement with helmet size charts.
- Fit: A ski helmet should be secure but not too tight. You don’t want too much give though, so if it is moving back and forth then it’s too large. A good way to check the fit is to shake the head from side to side when wearing the helmet and if it moves too much either adjust the strap or get another size.
- Features: There are extra features that you may want in your ski helmet, although these are likely to increase the price. Some are more useful than others, such as air vents to keep you cool, while features like a mount for popular action cameras or built-in speakers aren’t essential but can make skiing more fun.
What is the best kind of ski helmet in Switzerland?
Here are some of most popular ski helmet available to buy:
- Hard-Shell Ski Helmets: Made from ABS plastic, the outer shell is glued onto a hard foam interior, offering great protection for an affordable price.
- In-Mould Ski Helmets: This type of helmet is made from a hard polycarbonate plastic that is attached to a softer foam lining that absorbs the force of impact. It feels much higher quality than an ABS helmet and offers better ventilation.
Top 10 list of ski helmets in Switzerland (October 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their ski helmets. Which ski helmet is the best?
- Optimal cushioning thanks to the Hi-EPS material made from microscopic air chamb…
- Reflection of infrared rays through multi-mirrored lenses.
- Increased contrast and minimisation of reflections and glare thanks to a polarisation…
- Anti-allergenic interior (changeable)
- Lightweight helmet construction with high impact resistance thanks to the inseparably…
- Integrated headband holder for attaching the ski goggles to the helmet
- Adjustable wheel, adjustable chin strap, chin strap padding
- In-mould manufacturing process
- Ski helmet with visor, 10 air ventilation openings
- Parts of animal origin: No.
- Self-toning / photo chrome
- Polarising / contrast enhancing.
- Comfort thanks to intelligent venting system and neck warmer plus
- Technical look with high-quality matte finish
- Stylish children's hard shell helmet with soft ears
- Service: If you have any questions about this product, you can contact us by email.…
- Size adjustable: adjustment dial for size adjustment for a perfect fit. By turning…
- Ventilation: Strategically placed front vents, top and back maximise airflow and…
- Run system: Flexible head adjustment system with central rotating wheel.
- Flattened ventilation openings for a better streamlined shape.
- In-mould technology: is a process that foams the inner shell under the outer shell…
- Adapts precisely to your head’s circumference thanks to the adjustable Uvex…
- The helmet can be released with one hand thanks to Uvex’s monomatic comfort…
- Lightweight helmet construction with the highest impact resistance due to the inextricably…
- Ideal for all snow sports: Every winter sportsman must wear an Odoland ski helmet…
- Flexible and comfortable: The helmet has a removable lining, a removable ear muffs…
- Excellent ventilation: With 12 vents for excellent ventilation. It's great for snowboarding…
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best ski helmets, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a ski helmet test. Last Update: 2021/10/20.