Review10Best compares the best speakers in Switzerland and nominates the one from Logitech as the best speaker. In our speakers review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different speakers and follow our recommendation on which speaker to buy in Switzerland in 2019. With the speaker comparison, you can be sure to buy the best speaker on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate speaker buying guide
- View our speaker picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to speakers
- Watch recommended videos about speakers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Nothing can quite compare to the audio experience when using the best speakers for your entertainment setup. While not necessarily an essential piece of hardware for listening to audio devices with integrated speakers, it’s hard to deny that investing in a great set of speakers will only improve what you’re listening to.
Yet with such a wide selection of devices available, it can be difficult to understand what the best speaker is for your needs. Here’s everything you need to know to find a great speaker system:
What are speakers?
A speaker, often referred to as a loudspeaker, is an electric device used to play audio. External speakers can be connected to a variety of media devices, such as a television, computer, radio, or Blu-ray player, while modern devices can also connect wirelessly to devices such as smartphones, tablets, and smart TVs. Available in many different designs, speakers come in single units, entire systems, compact soundbars, and as portable devices.
Why should you buy a good speaker?
To truly enjoy audio like never before, you will need the best speakers for your entertainment setup. For instance, if you love watching movies, then great surround sound speakers can replicate the audio experience of a movie theatre from the comfort of home. Better still, a good set of speakers can enhance the audio of any compatible electrical device, meaning you can greatly improve the sound coming from your computer, television, or even your phone.
How to choose the right speaker?
There is a massive range of speakers, some of which are designed to achieve certain types of audio, with others being suited for certain devices. You may not be sure what to look for in a speaker and feel overwhelmed by the choices available, so here are some things worth considering for finding the best speakers:
- Configuration: Speaker configuration relates to the type of audio it best plays, so is certainly worth thinking about. For example, music lovers looking for the best speakers to enhance their collection would benefit from stereo sound provided by 2.0 configuration (left and right speakers). Other configurations include 5.1, which is for surround sound systems found in premium home theater systems, making them great for watching movies.
- Power: The more power a speaker has, the louder the audio it can produce, although the most power devices require amplifiers to truly utilize their power. Speaker power is measured in watts, and anything above 25W can be considered a great speaker, although it may not be necessary depending on what you plan on listening to.
- Connectivity: You will want to ensure your speakers have the right connectivity relating to your input device. For instance, most TVs connect via a banana jack connection, while smartphones and computers can connect via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, and other can connect using USB ports. Be sure the connections you have match those that the speaker has!
- Form: This refers to overall shape and placement of the speakers. Certain entertainment setups will be better suited towards certain form factors. For example, a floor standing speaker is quite large so needs plenty of floor space so won’t be suitable for small rooms, while a soundbar speaker is compact enough for places short on space. Because of the wide range of form factors, it’s a good idea to know exactly where the speakers will be going before choosing them.
What is the best kind of speaker in Switzerland?
There is certainly no shortage of speaker options available, some of which will be best-suited to your setup and needs:
- Bookshelf Speakers: Smaller sized speakers that are designed to rest on bookshelves or similarly flat surfaces. A great speaker in terms of performance, their compact size makes them a fine choice for rooms lacking in space. They aren’t the best speakers for producing a deep bass, however, so pairing with a subwoofer is a great idea.
- Floor Speakers: Due to their large size, floor speakers offer some of best ranges of frequencies, namely a quality sounding bass. Sound quality is fantastic with these speakers and they are the largest to use stereo sound but will cost more as a result.
- Surround Speakers: Consists of several speakers that are placed in front, beside and behind to produce a surround sound similar to that found in movie theatres. They offer a truly immersive audio experience, especially when watching movies or playing video games.
- Soundbar Speakers: An affordable type of speaker that is great for enhancing the audio of a television, sound bars feature a slim, compact design that doesn’t take up much space. The speakers utilize Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to connect to different devices.
- Computer Speakers: Speakers that are designed for use with computers, they usually feature a left and right speaker to be placed either side of the computer monitor, while many include a subwoofer too. A great speaker system for anyone that loves PC gaming and listening to music on their computer.
Top 10 list of speakers in Switzerland (October 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their speakers rank and which speaker is the best.
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price converted (exchange rate: 1 EUR ≈ 1.14 CHF). Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/10/20 12:55 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Other reviews related to speakers
Recommended Video about the best speakers