Review10Best compares the best washing machines in Switzerland and nominates the one from Bauknecht as the best washing machine. In our washing machines review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different washing machines and follow our recommendation on which washing machine to buy in Switzerland in 2019. With the washing machine comparison, you can be sure to buy the best washing machine on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate washing machine buying guide
- View our washing machine picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about washing machines
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Buying the best washing machine possible is always worthwhile. Not only does it provide quality cleaning time and time again, but will last many years of frequent use. However, given the wide selection of washing machines available, knowing which one to buy is often difficult. Check the buying guide below how to choose the best washing machines:
What are washing machines?
A washing machine is a household appliance used to clean laundry. They work by using a mixture of water and laundry detergent to clean laundry, continually spinning them in a drum until they are washed clean. The best washing machines also come with a range of features, including various temperature settings, different spin modes, rotation speed settings, and even pre-programmed settings for common laundry loads.
Why should you buy a good washing machine?
A washing machine is one of the most helpful appliances to have in the home. Everyone has laundry that requires cleaning, so without a washing machine, you will need to take the time and effort to go to a self-service laundry store or a shared laundry room.
Better still, buying a high-efficiency washing machine is very recommended. These machines use less power so are cheaper to operate, keeping bills down while still cleaning laundry to a high standard.
How to choose the right washing machine?
Choosing the best washing machine isn’t the easiest process, especially if you haven’t done so for a while. Here are some things to consider when looking to buy a washing machine:
- Capacity: The bigger a washing machines capacity the more laundry it can do in a single cycle. This is quite important for those with lots of laundries, such as a large family. However, the larger capacity the bigger the machine is.
- Size: Always ensure you have measured the space where the washing machine will be installed to ensure it fits properly. Machines with larger capacities are going to be bigger as well, so take this into consideration if upgrading your washing machine.
- Energy Rating: All new washing machines come with an energy rating system, and those with the highest ratings are the most energy efficient. So, buying a washing machine with a good energy rating is always recommended. It will consume less energy to operate, saving money and being environmentally friendly. The best washing machines come with the highest energy ratings, although they tend to cost more because of the advanced technology that makes them so efficient.
What is the best kind of washing machine in Switzerland?
There are several types of washing machines available, any of which may be suitable for your needs:
- Freestanding Washing Machines: The most popular type of washing machine, freestanding machines are easy to install, requiring a connection to a drain and power source. Featuring a frontloaded designed, they’re available in many sizes so finding a suitable capacity is easy enough. Perhaps the best all-round washing machine, freestanding machines usually feature the best energy ratings.
- Integrated Washing Machines: Much the same as a freestanding washing machine but with a door panel cover, an integrated washing machine remains hidden from sight in a kitchen. The door matches the units in the kitchen, making it more discreet. Other than that, it follows the same frontloaded design as other washing machines, although they are generally smaller, i.e. great for anyone short on space.
- Top-loading Washing Machines: Not as common as they once were, top-loading washing machines feature a door at the top of the unit rather than the front. They are much narrower than freestanding machines, although their design means they shouldn’t be stored beneath a countertop unless they can wheel out.
Top 10 list of washing machines in Switzerland (April 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their washing machines rank and which washing machine is the best.
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price converted (exchange rate: 1 EUR ≈ 1.14 CHF). Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/04/19 04:10 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best washing machines