Review10Best compares the best water filter pitchers in Switzerland and selects the one by Brita as the best water filter. In a water filter pitcher buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different water filters and see a recommendation on which water filter pitcher to buy in Switzerland in 2022. By considering the top list of water filters, you can find the best water filter pitchers and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate water filter pitcher buying guide
- View the water filter pitcher picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Finding a great water filter pitcher lets you enjoy fresh-tasting water free of contaminants, making it a must-buy for countless households that don’t have the best tap water for drinking. However, finding the best water filter pitcher can be difficult if you are buying for the first time, with various products to choose from and considerations to be made.
To make the buying process easier, check out this water filter pitcher buying guide!
What are water filter pitchers?
As the name suggests, a water filter pitcher is a jug that includes a filtration cartridge. When tap water is added to the pitcher it passes through the filter, removing various containments and impurities found in the water, leaving water cleaner, fresher, and odour free.
Why should you buy a good water filter pitcher?
While not every home requires one, many do need a good water filter pitcher due to the quality of their tap water. Certain containments and impurities are present in tap water in countless homes around the world, often leaving an unpleasant odour and taste when drinking the water straight from the source.
The best water filter solves these problems, with the water being passed through the filter becoming cleansed of various chemical impurities, leaving it tasting and smelling much better. Plus, a great water filter pitcher doesn’t cost must, meaning it’s an affordable way to improve the quality of your home’s drinking water.
How to choose the right water filter pitcher?
Unsure what to look for in a water filter pitcher? Here are some things to look for:
- Containments Removed: Water filter pitchers remove certain containments, so always check what impurities it removes and determine whether this is suitable for your water. For instance, charcoal filter pitchers are great for removing chemicals like chlorine, improving the taste, whereas ion exchange filters effectively remove impurities like magnesium from hard water.
- Size: Consider the size of the pitcher and whether it is large enough for your needs. For example, if you have several people drinking water you will want a larger sized pitcher than if you are only drinking yourself. That said, it may be better to get a larger capacity even when using it yourself, as this means you won’t need to refill it as often.
- Filter Lifespan: The filters inside the water jug will need to be changed regularly, so always check to see often replacement filters are required. Some last just a month or two while others can last up to six months making filters with a longer lifespan more convenient and cost-effective.
What is the best kind of water filter pitcher in Switzerland?
There are several types of water filter pitchers currently available:
- Water Pitchers with Carbon Filters: The most widely used filter for water pitchers is a carbon filter. It features charcoal that uses activated carbon for absorption, a process removes various containments including various chemicals like chlorine.
- Water Pitchers with Cartridge Filters: This type of water filter pitcher uses a more advanced filter, combining an activated carbon filter with an additional filter for an improved taste of the water, while also removing the same containments.
Top 10 list of water filter pitchers in Switzerland (January 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their water filter pitchers. Which water filter is the best?
- Year Pack/Annual Pack - 12 Months.
- Includes 12x Maxtra + cartridges.
- Cool version with total volume: 2.4-l, filtered water: 1.4 litres.
- Scope of delivery: 1 x BRITA water filter Marella graphite incl. 6 MAXTRA + filter…
- If the practical BRITA Memo display flashes after 4 weeks, you can simply use the…
- Practical filler flap for one-handed filling of the filter jug / jug is dishwasher-safe…
- 30 days money back guarantee and free spare parts service
- Including 3 x maxtra + filter cartridges, each holding and recyclable for 4 week…
- Ion Exchange Pearls absorb permanently metals and reduce lime deposits protect devices…
- Contents: 1 x Brita Marella Water Filter Grey Incl. 4 Maxtra+ filter cartridges /…
- If the practical Brita memo display flashes after 4 weeks, you can easily take the…
- Practical filling flap for one-handed filling of the filter jug/jug is dishwasher-safe…
- In addition to the Brita Maxtra jugs, this is also suitable for partner kettles and…
- Simply immerse the cartridge in water and shake for 10 seconds before inserting it…
- Dishwasher safe except LED display
- New Stylish Design and High Quality Leather Material
- LED cartridge exchange indication, measures time and water consumption
- Quick commissioning in just 4 steps – no time-consuming pre-watering of the…
- Each water filter cartridge should be replaced after 30 days or 100 litres (depending…
- Fine integrated mesh inserts filter particles out of the water; BPA free
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best water filters, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a water filter pitcher test. Last Update: 2022/01/27.