Review10Best compares the best acoustic guitars and nominates the one from Fender Musical Instruments Corp. as the best guitar. In our acoustic guitars review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different guitars and follow our recommendation on which acoustic guitar to buy in 2018. With the guitar comparison, you can be sure to buy the best acoustic guitar on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate acoustic guitar buying guide
- View our acoustic guitar picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to guitars
- Watch recommended videos about acoustic guitars
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Buying an acoustic guitar for the first time can be rather difficult. There are so many options available and different things to consider, from body shape to the sound they produce, so it’s important to know what to look for in an acoustic guitar before buying anything.
Looking to find the best acoustic guitar but aren’t sure where to start? Check out this buying guide for all the info you need to get started:
What are acoustic guitars?
An acoustic guitar is a variation of the guitar, one of the most popular instruments in the world today. This type of guitar produces acoustic sounds through vibrations on the strings, so it requires no amplification unlike electric guitars.
Why should you buy a good acoustic guitar?
The best acoustic guitars product a wonderful sound and are one of the easiest guitars to learn to play. Anyone looking to play guitar may consider buying a quality acoustic guitar, as they are some of the most affordable options out there.
Playing an acoustic guitar can be a great way to relax and reduce stress, while learning a new instrument can be very beneficial for the mind. A good acoustic guitar can be easy to pick up and play, allowing your creativity to flow, and they happen to be one of the most versatile instruments available.
How to choose the right acoustic guitar?
Choosing the best acoustic guitar depends entirely on the individual. Not every acoustic guitar is suitable for every individual, so it helps to know what to look for in the instrument to ensure you get something suitable. Here are some things to consider:
- Body: The body of an acoustic guitar comes in many shapes, and it’s important to choose one you find comfortable. Comfort is vital when playing guitar, so be sure to consider what shape of acoustic will feel comfortable to play, thinking about the overall shape, size, and weight of the instrument.
- Skill Level: The best acoustic guitar for beginners isn’t the best option for more experienced players, so consider your current skill level when buying. Entry-level acoustic guitars are still very reliable and sound great, but advanced players may find they lack the finer nuances of a high-end model. For example, a young player just learning will not need a 12-string acoustic guitar, but may find a small nylon-string guitar to be a suitable choice.
- Price: The best acoustic guitars aren’t necessarily the most expensive, so don’t make the mistake of thinking a low-price guitar isn’t worth buying, especially for beginners. However, in terms of technical performance, the best acoustic guitars are quite expensive, but there is no point buying one unless you’re committing to learning and playing.Most acoustic guitars come in tiered prices, with mid and entry-level models being a great place to start for inexperienced players.
What is the best kind of acoustic guitar?
There are many types of acoustic available to buy, with a variety of shapes and sizes to choose from. Different types of acoustic guitars offer different sounds, making some more suitable for certain styles of music. Here are some of the most popular types of acoustic guitar:
- Classical: When it comes to finger picking, there are no better acoustics than the classical type. Nylon strings offer a very soft, traditional sound, with the tone being found in almost every genre. A great acoustic guitar for beginners.
- Steel-String: Perhaps the most popular type of acoustic guitar and one that everyone is familiar with, steel-string acoustics are great for strumming and fingerpicking, although they require more strength to play compared to nylon string guitars. It’s available in many shapes and sizes.
- Dreadnought: The most common body shape for a steel-string acoustic guitar, it’s large in size and offers loud volume, lots of bass frequencies, and a wide tonal range. Great for playing bluegrass music.
- Jumbo: As the name suggests, this type of acoustic guitar comes with jumbo body for a more booming sound. Perhaps the loudest type of acoustic guitar you can buy, it offers incredible sound projection that can fill easily fill a room.
Top 10 list of acoustic guitars (August 2018)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their acoustic guitars rank and which guitar is the best.
- Laminated spruce top
- Rosewood bridge with compensated synthetic bone saddle
- 20-fret rosewood fingerboard with dot inlays
- Overall Dimensions: 38"(L) x 3.25"(W) x 14"(H)
- Ready to use right out of the box, everything you need to start playing is already…
- The ultimate starter kit for a budding musician, this right-handed guitar comes complete…
- The clip-on digital tuner features an LCD readout and a built-in microphone with…
- Everything you need to learn guitar in one package
- Gig Bag with strap handle for carrying, Digital Tuner with digital read out for easy…
- Set Includes: Full Set of Extra Strings, Gig Bag, Carrying Strap, Guitar Pick, Pick…
- Wood Frame and Steel Strings
- Linden Binding and Wood Construction with Geared Tuning
- Rosewood Fretboard
- Chrome covered Tuning Machines
- Satin Finish
- Chrome hardware
- 20-fret fingerboard with dot inlays
- Laminated spruce top with X bracing
- Guitar Dimensions: 38"(L) x 14"(W) x 3.25"(H)
- Right-handed guitar with accessories is ideal for beginners and is ready to use out…
- Comes with a nylon carrying case perfect for storage and portability
- Dimensions: 15.75"(L) x 4.25"(W) x 41"(H)
- Comes with a nylon carrying case perfect for storage and portability
- Right-handed guitar with accessories is ideal for beginners and pros, and is ready…
- Includes Strap, picks, Extra String Set, and lesson DVD Specifications
- Maple Neck, with Rosewood Fingerboard
- Laminated Spruce Top, Kauri back and sides
- CASE INCLUDED-A nylon case is included for storage and easy transportation,Set Include:guitar,…
- DIMENSION-Guitar Dimension: 38.6"L x15.4"Wx2.4"H; Small and lightweight guitar for…
- FEATURE-High Precision Knob & Metal and ABS material to ensure a solid tune,Surface…
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2018/08/13 13:37. o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Other reviews related to guitars
Recommended Video about the best acoustic guitars