Review10Best compares the best after sun lotions and nominates the one by Hawaiian Tropic as the best after sun lotion. In our after sun lotions review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different after sun lotions and follow our recommendation on which after sun lotion to buy in 2020. With the after sun lotion comparison, you can be sure to buy the best after sun lotion on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate after sun lotion buying guide
- View our after sun lotion picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about after sun lotions
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best after sun helps soothe and protect skin after a day in the sun. Whether you’ve forgotten to apply a high SPF sunscreen and got burnt or just want to provide some extra hydration for your suntan, a good after sun lotion is the perfect solution. However, finding the right product can be difficult when there are so many options to choose from! Check out the buying guide below for all the information you need to know to find the best after sun lotion:
What are after sun lotions?
After sun lotion is a skincare product applied to the skin after being out in the sun. It provides relief from sunburn by rehydrating and cooling the skin, while it can also be used for its moisturising effects even when you aren’t burnt, helping to reduce the harmful impact of UV rays after being in the sun for too long.
Why should you buy a good after sun lotion?
A good after sun lotion is a must-have skincare product for anyone going on holiday to a sunny location but it’s handy to have for summer months in almost any climate. The main reason is that it offers relief from the effects of sunburn, rehydrating and soothing the hotness of the skin, while it can also provide welcoming moisturizing and cooling effects even for those that aren’t burnt.
Basically, if you plan on spending time out in the sun then it’s well worth having the best after sun to help keep skin cool and healthy! Furthermore, many after sun lotions help to maintain the tone of your suntan.
How to choose the right after sun lotion?
Choosing the best after sun lotions can be difficult if you don’t know what you need, so here are some things to consider:
- Skin Type: Like any skincare product, it’s important to identify your skin type before you buy after sun lotions, as not all lotions are suitable for every skin type. For example, people with dry skin may benefit from lotions with extra moisturising effects, while people with oily or sensitive skins need to consider the ingredients to make sure it doesn’t cause unwanted side-effects.
- Ingredients: It’s always important to check the ingredients of any after sun lotion to ensure it doesn’t cause adverse reactions to your skin. For example, lotion with alcohol may sting burnt skin, while aloe vera is a popular ingredient for soothing burnt skin, especially when combined with ingredients that provide extra moisturising effects like hyaluronic acid.
- Additional Effects: While all sun lotions soothe and hydrate skin that’s been in the sun, many come with additional effects that you may find useful. A popular example of this are lotions that maintain your suntan for longer, which is a great option for anyone planning on sunbathing.
What is the best kind of after sun lotion?
If you want a feel-good sunbath in every sense, then consider buying one of the follow after sun lotions:
- After Sun for Normal Skin: This type of lotion is suitable for people with normal skin, so those that aren’t too dry, oily, or sensitive. Be mindful of certain ingredients, however, as these may still be harsh on the skin.
- After Sun for Sensitive Skin: Lotions for sensitive skin don’t have any ingredients likely to irritate the skin, typically containing all-natural ingredients instead.
- After Sun for Dry Skin: This type of lotion provides extra relief to dry skin, which is exasperated when out in the sun for too long. It comes with ingredients that help to trap more moisture in the skin to keep it cool and hydrated.
Top 10 list of after sun lotions (June 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their after sun lotions rank and which after sun lotion is the best.
- Coconut Papaya
- 24h moisturization
- Helps to Preserve Your Tan
- Australian Gold signature fragrance
- Vitamin E helps to nourish skin
- Conditions skin to help lock in color
- SUN BURN RELIEF: Find gentle relief from sun burns with this 99.6 % natural face…
- RECOVERY LOTION: Bursting with natural antioxidants and nutrients, your skin will…
- SOOTHING HYDRATION: Apply this after sun lotion to your face and body for a deeply…
- Helps skin appear healthy
- Wonderful tropical scent
- Helps replenish mositure with exotic island botanicals
- Regular use will keep your skin soft by replacing moisture lost by exposure to sun,…
- Ultra-moisturizing lotion helps to keep your tan looking beautiful longer
- Made with aloe vera and vitamin E to relieve peeling and dryness
- TRUST THE BUM. What does that mean? It means trust us, the ones who live on the beach…
- PRESERVE AND INTENSIFY YOUR TAN. Our Cool Down lotion gives your skin an extra boost…
- HOW TO USE. After sun exposure, apply generously to all areas of the skin. For best…
- VEGAN: Moisturizer is 100% vegan, and free of paraben, gluten, and THC.
- SOFT COMPLEXION: Our Miracle Oil Blend of essential oils restore your skin’s…
- VITAMIN BOOST: Vitamins A and E help replenish and nourish skin while protecting…
- Repair skin over-exposed to the sun
- No parabens, phthalates or synthetic fragrances
- 100percentage Vegetarian Ingredients
- Made with virgin, unrefined coconut oil and nourishing coconut milk
- Ingredients: Pure Aloe Extract, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadenis Gel, Menthol, Tea Tree…
- To keep skin re-hydrated, apply Maui Island Secret's Tan Sealer after each Burn to…
- Like all pure aloes, Burn to Brown has medicinal properties and is an astringent…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/06/05 16:40 o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best after sun lotions