Review10Best compares the best air conditioners and nominates the one by MIDEA as the best air conditioner. In our air conditioners review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different air conditioners and follow our recommendation on which air conditioner to buy in 2020. With the air conditioner comparison, you can be sure to buy the best air conditioner on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate air conditioner buying guide
- View our air conditioner picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about air conditioners
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best air conditioner for your home will take some research, as there are various options available. A great air conditioner can efficiently cool a room or several rooms throughout your home, allowing you to feel more comfortable during those warmer weather conditions. The best type of air conditioner for one person may not be the best for another, as there are many things worth considering, such as how often it will be used and the climate of the area where you live in.
What are air conditioners?
An air conditioner is a machine that is used to treat the air in an enclosed space. It works by removing the warm air from a room and cooling it down and then redirecting the cooler air back into the room. This is achieved by running the warm air over chilled pipes inside the machinem, that are filled with a coolant fluid, cooling the air while a dehumidifier removes moisture, before a fan blasts the freshly cooled air back into the room.
Why should you buy a good air conditioner?
Buying an air conditioner is a great idea for many situations where a room or your entire home is excessively warm. Some people will only need this for a portion of the year, usually the summer months, while those staying in warmer climates may require one throughout the entire year. The benefits of owning the best air conditioner are quite obvious: the right air conditioner is great for cooling down a room when the heat makes it unbearable. This could be down to personal preference for a certain coolness in a room, but in many cases, it is necessary to make a home cool enough for comfortable living. For instance, if you live somewhere with extremely warm temperatures throughout the day, an air conditioning cools your bedroom more effectively than a ceiling fan, thus making it more comfortable to sleep.
How to choose the right air conditioner?
All the best air conditioners can quickly cool a room as desired, but as there are many types of air conditioning units available and not all of them will be best-suited for your personal needs. Therefore, it is important to know what to look for in an air conditioner in relation to your own circumstances.
Here are some things to look out for:
- Portability: A portable air conditioner is a great option for anyone that doesn’t require a permanent installation, such as those living in climates with cooler winters. This allows you to store the air conditioner when not in use, as well as making it easier to move from room to room.
- Noise: When an air conditioner is running, it can create a fair amount of noise, which may be off-putting in some circumstances, such as being used in a bedroom or office. Noise may not be an issue depending on the location, but it is certainly worth considering.
- Location: Where will your air conditioner be installed? For example, window air conditioners are popular but your window may not be in the most suitable location to effectively cool a room or you don’t want to sacrifice window space. Noteworthy, a through-the-wall unit is suitable for almost any room and can offer more cooling power in many cases.
- Installation: While the best air conditioners can effectively cool large rooms, they usually have to be installed, sometimes permanently, meaning you or someone else will be tasked with installing the unit. For those that don’t want to install anything, a portable air conditioner may be better than a window or through-the-wall unit.
What is the best kind of air conditioner?
There are a few notable types of air conditioner units available, all of which come with a variety of different features. Some air conditioners will be better suited for certain situations than others, so it is handy to know which one offers the most benefits for you:
- Portable Air Conditioner: The best air conditioner for someone looking for a flexible unit as they don’t have to be permanently installed. You can take it into any room, so be sure to consider weights if you plan on moving it around a lot. They blow hot air out through an exhaust, so an open window is required when using portable air conditioners. Very easy to install and a great air conditioner for anyone that doesn’t need it year-round.
- Window Air Conditioner: Offering a wide range of sizes and cooling options, window air conditioners are a good option for most households as they are affordable and effective at cooling single rooms. However, they will take up window space and are limited to one per room.
- Through-the-Wall Air Conditioner: Not unlike a window air conditioner, this unit is instead installed into a wall rather than a window. This makes them versatile options as they can be placed in any room throughout the home. Also, they do not require any window space to be sacrificed. Further, a through-the-wall air conditioner often has the best cooling capacity, making them better suited for cooling several large rooms.
Top 10 list of air conditioners (April 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their air conditioners rank and which air conditioner is the best.
- WASHABLE FILTER: The reusable and washable mesh filter reduces bacteria room odors…
- ENERGY-EFFICIENT: Combined Energy Efficiency Rate (CEER) 11. 0 Helps reduce the energy…
- EASY INSTALLATION: Install easily with minimal modification to the existing window…
- Modes include cool, dry, fan and auto
- Cools a room up to 350 sq. ft. with up to 2. 1 pints per hour dehumidification
- 6. 5-ft. power cord with LCDI plug uses 3-prong 115V electrical outlet
- WASHABLE DUAL-LAYER AIR FILTER - To provide you clean cool air, we designed this…
- WITH BUILT-IN DEHUMIDIFIER - This multifunctional air cooler comes complete with…
- HASSLE-FREE INSTALLATION - This 17.3 x 28.2 x 14 inches portable aircon is equipped…
- Low power start-up conserves energy and saves you money
- Quiet operation on low (51.3 dBA) keeps you cool without keeping you awake
- Quickly cools a room upto 150 square feet with dehumidification upto 1.1 pints per…
- 3 cooling speeds/3 fan speeds for cooling flexibility
- Dehumidification up to 2.7 pints per hour
- 10, 000 BTUs cools a room up to 450 sq. Ft
- WINDOW KIT - Venting it by a simple three step process with WINDOW KIT (Included).…
- SELF-EVAPORATION - Automatic self-evaporation technology - no bucket to empty (except…
- DISPLAY & TIMER - LED DISPLAY and simple easy select control panel features mode…
- GREAT FOR ALL YEAR ROUND: With 12, 000 BTU cooling power and 12, 000 BTU Heating…
- REMOTE CONTROL: Features a digital touch button control panel which includes the…
- 4 OPERATING MODES: The compact floor AC indoor cooler conditioning unit features…
- Energy Saver Switch: cycles the fan on and off to reduce energy consumption
- Follow Me Function: Remote control acts as a thermostat allowing for more precise…
- Powerful 3 cool, 3 fan speed circulates the air.
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: The maximum length of the exhaust hose is 4 feet and 11 inches;…
- 3-IN-1: Bucket less designed cooling unit combines cooling, fan and dehumidification…
- TOP TECHNOLOGY: Enjoy the simplicity and precision of programmable, electronic controls…
- 3 cooling speeds/3 fan speeds for cooling flexibility
- Dehumidification up to 7. 7 pints per hour
- 24, 500 btus cools a room up to 1560 sq. Ft. dBA Level (Indoor / Outdoor)- 62/69
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/03/28 03:45. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best air conditioners