Review10Best compares the best air mattresses and nominates the one by Intex as the best mattress. In our air mattresses review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different mattresses and follow our recommendation on which air mattress to buy in 2020. With the mattress comparison, you can be sure to buy the best air mattress on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate air mattress buying guide
- View our air mattress picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to mattresses
- Watch recommended videos about air mattresses
- More about air mattresses on the web
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
An air mattress can be a useful investment for homeowners, making a fine alternative to a spare bed while also being a great piece of camping equipment. There are a few things you should consider in order to find the best air mattress for your needs, whether you are buying it for a specific reason or just looking to grab one in case you need it down the line.
What are air mattresses?
An air mattress is an inflatable mattress typically made from PVC or similar plastic materials. When not being used, an air mattress is completely deflated, making it easier to store and transport, helping it become a popular option for camping trips or as a temporary bed for a guest. They can be inflated by manually breathing into the air valve or by using a type of pump.
Why should you buy a good air mattress?
The best air mattresses are remarkably comfortable, and because they can be easily inflated and deflated, they are useful for a variety of situations you may find yourself in. For example, if you like to go camping but don’t enjoy sleeping uncomfortably on the ground, a oremium air mattress is a great addition to your camping gear. The fact they are lightweight and easy to transport means you can carry them without issue and still enjoy a very relaxing sleep.
Also, you may find an air mattress as a great option for any guests visiting your home. Not every house has the space for a guest bed, making an air mattress a fine backup should anyone be visiting.
How to choose the right air mattress?
With a few notable products available, finding the best air mattress may take some research. Here are a few things worth considering that should make choosing the best air mattress much easier:
- Uses: Knowing your intended use for an air mattress should make finding a suitable one easier. For instance, if you are using it for a guest bed then you may want to go for a double height air mattress for any couples that may be staying. Conversely, if you plan on using it for camping, then a smaller option may be more advisable, especially for fitting it inside a tent.
- Size: There are quite a few size options when it comes to air mattresses, so you will want to think about what size you would prefer. Remember, the largest choice isn’t necessarily the best air mattress you might need, especially if space is going to be a concern! For an air mattress that is being used indoors, be sure to check the size of the room it will be used in. An air mattress for camping will need to be relative to the size of your tent and the number of users!
What is the best kind of air mattress?
Much like standard mattresses, an air mattress is available in a range of sizes. The best size for an air mattress differs from person to person, and remember that bigger products are usually more expensive!
- Single Air Mattresses: A standard single air mattress is designed to fit a single person. There are longer types that are designed for taller people, too.
- Double Air Mattresses: Given their wide size, this is the best air mattress for couples, as they should be able to comfortably fit two people. A double air mattress is also a fine choice for an individual seeking a more spacious mattress.
- King/Queen Air Mattresses: Slightly larger options than a double air mattress, they offer even more width so can sleep two people comfortably. However, they are heavier and will take longer to inflate. So it may be a good idea to invest in a good pump!
- Raised Air Mattresses: Available in any other type of air mattress, raised options are great because they can be easier to enter and exit, while also being noticeably higher from the ground. This can be especially useful when camping.
Top 10 list of air mattresses (July 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their air mattresses rank and which mattress is the best.
- Dimensions 60 inches x 80 inches x 22 inches
- Weight capacity 600 pounds
- The convenient hand carry bag is perfect for storage and transport
- EXTRA THICK, WATERPROOF FLOCKED TOP ensures a comfortable sleeping experience while…
- PREMIUM “DOUBLE-HEIGHT” RAISED AIR BED with dual chamber construction.…
- PATENTED 1-CLICK INTERNAL PUMP ensures quick and easy inflation and deflation. Designed…
- CUSTOMER FRIENDLY 1-YEAR GUARANTEE offered. KING KOIL IS THE ONLY manufacturer that…
- EASY TO USE plug in internal pump allows fast & easy inflation / deflation. The…
- QUEEN SIZED AIRBED with Coil-Beam Construction and a BUILT-IN 120V / 210W AC Pump…
- Max weight limit: 600 lbs
- Standard queen bed size: 60" X 80" x 10"
- Includes hand-held battery pump that can also be used for other inflatables - Operates…
- Dimensions 39 inches x 75 inches x 16.5 inches
- The convenient hand carry bag is perfect for storage and transport
- Weight capacity: 300 pounds
- Should you have ANY issue's with your EnerPlex 16” Queen Air Mattress contact…
- SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR CHEAP AIR MATTRESS, WE OFFER LEAK-FREE TECHNOLOGY: Not only can…
- NOT SOLD YET? Our 16” High Queen Airbed offers CUSTOM COIL-BEAM TECHNOLOGY…
- EASILY PACKABLE - At 81 x 62 x 21.5 inches, this Queen mattress is big enough for…
- WATERPROOF FLOCKED TOP AND SIDES - Made with a waterproof flocking that prevents…
- CONSTRUCTED FOR EVEN BODY SUPPORT - Coil beam construction combines firmness and…
- Soft plush top creates a velvet-like sleep surface for more comfort
- Double lock valve is dual-sealed to be leak-free
- ComfortStrong coil construction provides better support for superior comfort
- When guests arrive, offer them the all-night comfort of a Coleman SupportRest Elite…
- 1-year limited warranty
- Approximate Inflated Dimensions: 78 x 60 x 18 in
- 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE ALONG WITH TIPS FOR BEST USE - The EZ INFLATE twin air…
- BACKED BY INCREDIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE & 2-YEAR WARRANTY – We hope you never…
- ADAPTIVE SUPPORT FOR DIFFERENT SLEEP STYLES –EZ INFLATE’s airbed boasts…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/07/03 13:24. o'clock.
Other reviews related to mattresses
Recommended Video about the best air mattresses
Further resources about air mattresses
- Best Mattress Buying Guide | Consumer Reports: Another mattress buying guide by Consumer Reports (source: www.consumerreports.org)