Review10Best compares the best battery chargers and nominates the one from Stanley as the best battery charger. In our battery chargers review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different battery chargers and follow our recommendation on which battery charger to buy in 2018. With the battery charger comparison, you can be sure to buy the best battery charger on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate battery charger buying guide
- View our battery charger picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about battery chargers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Buying a new battery charger? Whether buying one for the first time or simply upgrading, it helps to know what features and functions are worth investing in. There are many types of products out there, so knowing which battery charger is best for you needs is sometimes difficult, although it’s made much easier when you know what to look for!
Check out the guide below for all the info you need to find the best battery charger:
What are battery chargers?
A battery charger is a device used to recharge batteries. Only rechargeable batteries are compatible with battery chargers, while certain types and sizes of batteries require specific battery charges. For example, rechargeable alkaline batteries use a different battery charger than lithium batteries.
Why should you buy a good battery charger?
The best battery charger devices are very useful, allowing you to easily recharge batteries, saving you the hassle of constantly buying disposable batteries. Portable charge banks are also great for anyone that uses mobile devices like smartphones and tablets, being able to recharge them without needing power from a plug socket or computer.
How to choose the right battery charger?
Finding the best battery charger can feel overwhelming when you don’t know where to start looking, so be sure to consider some of the following things before you buy:
- Battery Size and Type: Traditional battery chargers are used for recharging secondary (rechargeable) AA, AAA, D, or 9-volt batteries, while portable battery chargers are used mainly for smartphones with ion batteries. So, it’s important to buy a battery charger that is compatible with the rechargeable batteries you have or need. For instance, a AAA battery charger cannot be used to charge AA batteries, while portable battery chargers only work on lithium batteries.
- Charge Speed: The best battery chargers tend to offer the fastest recharge speeds, but they are also much more expensive as a result. Slower charge speeds usually mean a cheaper charger, and this can still be useful for overnight charging, so think about whether you need fast charge and if you are happy to pay more for it.
- Capacity: When buying a battery charger for alkaline batteries, there are various capacities available, so consider how many you need to charge at any given time. For example, smaller battery chargers tend to recharge 2-4 batteries, while large chargers can fit as much as eight.
- Indicator: A charge indicator is a great feature that shows you when the battery is fully changed. Some more advanced chargers come with a time indicator that tells you how long is left to charge the battery, while others can even indicate if the battery needs replaced.
What is the best kind of battery charger?
There are various types of battery chargers available to buy, any of which may be useful for your needs.
- Portable Battery Charger: This battery charger is a flat device used to recharge lithium batteries in smartphone and tablet devices. They must be initially charged using an AC power supply or from a USB on a computer, after which they can be used to remotely charge certain devices. The best battery charger for recharging your phone on the go.
- Slow Battery Charger: Used for recharging traditional batteries, taking anywhere between 14 and 16 hours to fully recharge an empty battery. Come with various capacities and are available for many battery sizes, being one of the most affordable battery chargers available.
- Fast Battery Chargers: Designed to quickly charge batteries without causing any damage to their cells, they significantly reduce battery recharge time, making them very convienent. This does make them more expensive however.
- Smart Battery Charger: Features an indicator that highlights how much voltage is required to recharge, when to stop charging, and when to replace the batteries entirely. Often set to low trick settings for a less damaging recharge.
Top 10 list of battery chargers (September 2018)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their battery chargers rank and which battery charger is the best.
- Features a patented alternator check which indicates if the alternator is maintaining…
- Equipped with reverse polarity protection; LCD screen displays charging status and…
- Battery reconditioning feature helps extend battery life; 40 amp engine start helps…
- 2.8V DC out shorten the time of charging (most similar chargers are 2.4v)
- AC 100-240V 50/60Hz input for worldwide usage
- Short Circuit & Input Voltage Detection/Protection
- Built-in mounting bracket. AC Low voltage compensation ensures maximum performance…
- Automatically switches between charging mode and float mode monitoring
- High-frequency smart charging technology keeps batteries at optimal charge
- Charge a motorcycle, snowmobile, ATV, personal watercraft, lawn mower and more, or…
- Actively monitors the batteries health and repairs discharged and sulfated batteries…
- Safely charge automotive, marine, RV, powersport and lawn & garden batteries, as…
- USB port and 12v power outlet
- Reverse polarity led indicator and audible alarm. Lead acid batteries require routine…
- High-Power 270-degree pivoting led light
- Biggest Save - best products but lowest price, what's more - you gain our fast after…
- Worldwide Usage - AC 100-120V 50/60Hz input, 2.8V DC output shorten the time of charging…
- Safety Assurance - good at shedding heat, short circuit and input voltage detection,…
- The package includes Battery Tender Ring Terminals and Alligator Clips
- To purchase charger if you live in California or Oregon please see attery Tender…
- This item is not California or Oregon energy compliant.
- Constant current charging mode would protect the batteries against current fluctuation…
- Automatically stop charging when detecting improper input voltage, defective or short…
- AC and DC input design (AC cable provided only), applied to worldwide voltage - AC…
- 1-year limited warranty
- Includes charger, jump cables, ring connectors
- Rugged plastic housing
- What You Get: Anker PowerCore 10000 portable charger, Micro USB cable, travel pouch,…
- Certified Safe: Anker's MultiProtect safety system and high-quality LG battery cells…
- High-speed-Charging Technology: Anker's exclusive PowerIQ and VoltageBoost combine…
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2018/09/20 20:20 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best battery chargers