Review10Best compares the best batteries and nominates the one from AmazonBasics as the best battery. In our batteries review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different batteries and follow our recommendation on which battery to buy in 2018. With the battery comparison, you can be sure to buy the best battery on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate battery buying guide
- View our battery picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about batteries
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Buying the best batteries depends entirely what you need them for, as there are many types suitable for a variety of devices. Even with the increase in cheap rechargeable batteries, traditional disposable batteries still have countless uses in the home. Unsure of what batteries you need to buy? Then check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best battery for your needs.
What are batteries?
Batteries refer to any device that features one or more electrochemical cells with connections that provide power to a variety of electric devices. Most disposable batteries are either lithium or alkaline batteries, with each one using a chemical reaction to provide a charge, while rechargeable versions of these batteries are also widely available. Batteries also come in a variety of sizes, with different ones being suitable for certain devices.
Why should you buy a good battery?
Good batteries are always needed for certain electrical devices. For instance, most households have devices such as alarm clocks, remote controls, LED flashlights. So it always helps to have some batteries on hand for the various devices that require reliable batteries to operate.
How to choose the right battery?
Choosing the right battery requires a few considerations, so here are some things to think about when looking to buy good batteries:
- Type: There are several types of batteries available, with the two most common being alkaline and lithium. Alkaline is generally the cheapest but doesn’t last as long as lithium batteries do, which perform better but cost a good bit more. If you need a lot of batteries it may be a better idea to buy cheaper alkaline batteries. But if you want the best batteries in terms of battery life, then lithium is choice to go for.
- Size: Batteries come in various sizes, so be sure to get the ones that you require. AAA and AA are among the most common, with larger sizes including C, D, and 9V. Different devices use different sizes of batteries, so always make sure you get the right size for what you need - always check the device before you buy the batteries!
- Rechargeable: Not all disposable batteries need to be thrown out when they die, with rechargeable options available for both lithium and alkaline types. They are recharged using a battery charger that plugs into a mains power outlet, and while the initial cost is much higher than other batteries, it does end up saving money as you won’t need to buy more down the line.
What is the best kind of battery?
There are several types of batteries available to buy, any of which may be appropriate for your needs.
- Alkaline Batteries: The most widely available disposable battery sold, alkaline batteries use the reaction between zinc and manganese oxide to provide a charge. They are sold in most sizes from AAA to 9V and are generally the cheapest available. It’s important to note that not all alkaline batteries offer the same amount of power, with cheaper brand batteries typically lasting less time than reputable brands.
- Lithium Batteries: These are technically a variation of the alkaline battery with the addition of lithium. This makes them last longer than alkaline batteries, especially in devices that drain batteries at a quick pace, but some devices don’t necessarily benefit from lithium batteries over alkaline.
- Rechargeable Batteries: Both lithium and alkaline batteries have rechargeable variations that mean you don’t need to dispose of them once they are dead. Instead, they are charged using a special connector that plugs into a mains outlet, letting them fully recharge in a few hours. While more expensive, the initial outlay may end up saving money over time, especially if you go through high quantities of batteries.
Top 10 list of batteries (February 2018)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their batteries rank and which battery is the best.
- Works with a variety of devices including digital cameras, game controllers, toys,…
- Unique Japanese technology that enables better performance after storage, over-discharge,…
- Designed to provide reliable and lasting performance for both high and low drain…
- Reliable power on-the-go for your family's favorite devices
- Up to 30% longer-lasting than previous Energizer MAX AA in digital cameras
- Keeps your devices safe from damaging leaks. Back by our No Leaks Guarantee.
- Energizer created the world's first zero mercury alkaline battery (commercially available…
- From the makers of the #1 longest lasting AA battery (Energizer Ultimate Lithium),…
- Holds power up to 10 years in storage-so you're never left powerless
- Free Shipping 1-3 days - average 2 days - occasionally 4 days in remote areas. Ships…
- Unmatched 60 Day Money Back Guarantee with an Exceptional 18 Month Warranty
- Sealed Lead Acid and AGM Design Prevents Leaks and Corrosion
- User Friendly - Easy Installation With a Very Durable And Rugged Construction
- AGM Tech - Utilizes Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) Technology And Has A Wide Temperature…
- Rugged Construction - The High Impact Resistant Battery Case Is Made Up Of A Non-Conductive…
- Energizer developed the world's first mercury free alkaline battery and Energizer…
- No Leaks - Guaranteed or we will replace your device* (Up to $250)
- PowerSeal+ Technology holds battery power for up to 10 years when not in use
- Retractable AC plug; slim profile; ideal for travel
- Protects against wrong polarity charging and over charging; Built-in switching power…
- 4-hour Ni-MH battery charger with USB charge port; Recharges 2 or 4 AA / AAA Ni-MH…
- PREMIUM NO LEAKS GUARANTEE - get a long-lasting, top performance booster pack of…
- DURABLE AA BATTERIES - stock a packet-full of top-quality AA alkaline batteries that…
- LONGER LASTING - tired of buying short-lived AA alkaline 1.5V batteries from the…
- Dimensions: 0.2 x 3.7 x 4.2 inches. Do not contain mercury
- Many specialty devices require two or more cells to operate the device and this package…
- Lithium Battery with Child resistant Packaging
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2018/02/24 05:57 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best batteries