Review10Best compares the best blushes and nominates the one by Milani as the best blush. In our blushes review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different blushes and follow our recommendation on which blush to buy in 2020. With the blush comparison, you can be sure to buy the best blush on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate blush buying guide
- View our blush picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about blushes
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Most women have a particular makeup they can’t leave the house without wearing. To a lot of them adding a buff of colour to their cheeks with blushes is their charm. But, there is more to blushes than just applying a nice colour. Even the best blush is not a one-for-all kind of makeup product, so you’ve got to use the right one that suits you best.
What are blushes?
Blush is a pigmented powder that is added to the cheeks to give a rosy glow and to make it look flush. Blushes also make the skin appear brighter and attractive. It is an essential part of every woman's makeup routine. Blushes are made of different forms, texture, and colour to suit individual needs. They are available in forms like powder, liquid, cream, etc. These forms have specific purposes for different situations.
A great blush should not be applied everywhere on the cheeks. The proper place to apply blushes is the apples of the cheeks. If you are finding difficulties locating it, then do this simple exercise: Smile! The plumpest area of your cheek which is the apple will be raised then apply the blush there, blend it and then swoosh.
Why should you buy a good blush?
Blushes are primarily used to give your cheeks a warm look by adding colour to it. By imitating a natural flush with colours, blushes make your face look more attractive. The best blush can give your cheek that attractive high sculpted cheekbone appearance to anyone who doesn’t have it naturally. A good blush will also beautify your face by adding a cheerful look to it. It can also do a lot to make the face appear really sexy and much younger.
The best blushes are the ones that moisturize your cheeks without fading away easily. They are also fortified with essential nutrients to nourish and keep your face healthy.
How to choose the right blush?
Blushes are a bit different from other regular cosmetic products and are designed for specific skin types and purposes. To get the most from quality blushes requires you to make the right choices. The guideline below will help you choose the right type, colour, and texture to use.
- Skin Type: When choosing the best type of blush to use, you should consider the type of skin you have, is it oily or dry? If you have a dry skin type, then you should not use powder blushes and so on.
- Texture: The texture of your skin also matters. Those with smooth skins do not have a lot to worry about, but if you have a rough skin type, you should look out for waxy texture for a fresh look.
- Colour: You need to find the right shade to suit your complexion. When choosing the colour of your blush, you should first put the blush in your palms to check if it matches the colour of your fingertips. And if you apply too much of this colour to your cheeks it will make you more like a clown. If you have a fair complexion, the best colour for you is a soft pink, peach, and light coral. For medium skin - warm mauve, rich pink and deep peach blush will be good for you. And to those that have dark skin, deep fuchsia, warm brown, berry, raisin and tangerine blushes are the perfect shades for you.
What is the best kind of blush?
Now you know how to get the perfect blush; go get one of the best-selling blushes:
- Powder Blush: This type of blush is good for all skin types except for dry skins but is the best blush for oily skin. It is the densest type of blush and could be applied easily. It adds a beautiful translucent glow to the cheek.
- Cream Blush: This blush gives intense shades. It is best applied with fingers. Because it contains rich oil ingredient which helps to moisture the skin, it is the best blush for dry skin. It is very nice for evening makeup.
- Gel or Liquid Blush: Gel blush adds a sheer glow to the skin; it gives a soft, fresh look to your cheeks. It is the best blush for normal skin, and some of them can also be used by anyone with oily skin because are oil-free and dry fast.
- Tint Blush : Tint blush dries faster so when using it make sure you blend it fast before it dries up. They appear streaky over foundations, but they do not fade until it is washed out.
Top 10 list of blushes (April 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their blushes rank and which blush is the best.
- WE ARE MILANI: Born in East LA, we've always been connected to the rich diversity…
- TIPS & TRICKS: Apply with the included mini brush or Milani Blush Brush starting…
- CRUELTY-FREE BEAUTY: This powder blush is formulated with the best ingredients to…
- Wears evenly
- Available in a collection of shades designed to complement any skin tone
- Creamy and smooth texture for effortless blending
- Create a flushed cheek look with our six new blush shades- Available in nude burn,…
- Infused with Color pigments for buildable, natural look - layer the formula for a…
- The oil-free, water-infused gel glides onto the skin like silk for a soft supple…
- HEALTHY BEAUTY PRODUCTS: Every one of our products is hypoallergenic, safe for sensitive…
- Physician's Formula offers a full line of skin care and makeup for sensitive skin,…
- PUT YOUR BEST FACE FORWARD: From primers to highlighters, we offer a full face of…
- Complete your beauty routine with COVERGIRL Cheekers Bronzer
- Available in multiple shades
- Soft, blendable cheek color that comes in an easy-to-carry compact
- Mirror and brush inside
- Oil-free and non-comedogenic
- Shades to match every skin tone and undertone in cool, neutral and cool
- Skin Type: Combination
- Cruelty-free, gluten-free and fragrance-free
- Blends effortlessly
- Formulated without parabens, phthalates, SLS, petrolatum or synthetic fragrances;…
- Bamboo, Honey and Vitamin E nourish skin for beautiful results inside and out; available…
- 100% natural, lightweight mineral makeup applies and blends easily and evenly to…
- Use the shades individually or create your own custom blush by swirling a blush brush…
- With a mixture of complimentary matte and shimmer finishes
- Great for contouring, shading, sculpting, and highlighting
- Contouring makeup blush Includes 3 complementary shades Lightweigh Blendable Dermatalogically…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/03/27 17:15. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best blushes