Review10Best compares the best calculators and nominates the one by Casio as the best calculator. In our calculators review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different calculators and follow our recommendation on which calculator to buy in 2020. With the calculator comparison, you can be sure to buy the best calculator on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate calculator buying guide
- View our calculator picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about calculators
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
A calculator is necessary for solving various mathematic problems, being used by both professionals and students. However, with a wide selection of products offering different functions, knowing what the best calculator is for your needs can be rather difficult.
Check out this handy buying guide for all the info you need:
What are calculators?
A calculator is a small electronic device used to make calculations. This can vary from basic arithmetic to complex mathematics, resulting in a wide range of devices designed for specific functions.
Why should you buy a good calculator?
The best calculators make it much easier to perform both basic and complex calculations, making them an incredible useful device for many. For instance, students studying maths at any level with need a suitable calculator, while others use them for making quick and accurate calculations to help with work, budgeting, etc.
How to choose the right calculator?
Choosing the right calculator isn’t always easy, so it helps to know what you need from the device. Here are some things to consider:
- Purpose: One of the easiest ways to find a suitable calculator is to consider why you need it. For instance, if you have an exam or coursework to study, then you will likely need a scientific or graphing calculator. Those that need one for doing arithmetic should be fine with a more basic handheld calculator, while anyone that needs a calculator for their business may benefit from financial calculators that print off documents.
- Budget: Advanced calculators that offer a range of functions tend to cost a lot more than a basic pocket calculator, so it may help to set yourself a budget. Graphing calculators in particular are rather expensive but may be necessary, so it’s often a good idea to shop around for the best deal possible. Consider buying second hand if you are on a tight budget.
- Power Source: Many great calculators don’t come with batteries, rather using solar power to operate. While this is environmentally friendly and much cheaper, it can be unreliable in some cases. This isn’t much of a problem for most users, but anyone buying a calculator for an exam should consider a device with a backup battery to ensure it doesn’t die when they need it most!
What is the best kind of calculator?
There are many types of calculators to choose from, all of which serve various purposes. Some of the most widely used calculators include:
- Handheld Calculator: The standard calculator that most are familiar with, they come with basic functions that allow the user to add, multiply, subtract, and divide. They can vary in size while some include additional functions such as calculating square roots.
- Scientific Calculator: Scientific calculators can do a variety of calculations, including statistics, algebra, conversions, and many other mathematical equations. This type of calculator is the most widely used type among students and professionals working in various fields that need to solve complex calculations.
- Graph Calculator: The most advanced type of calculator, graph calculators come with an incredible range of functions. They include lager screens for displaying graphs, formulas and equations, and are designed for use in advanced maths and science courses, along with professionals working in engineering and science fields. Because of their advanced technology, graph calculators aren’t the cheapest to buy.
- Financial Calculator: The best calculators for running small businesses, they are designed to quickly process data and provide results that are easy to understand. Their functions are based around calculating finances, such as net spend, cost sell margins, etc. Both students and professionals working/studying in financial fields require this type of calculator.
Top 10 list of calculators (April 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their calculators rank and which calculator is the best.
- On and Off buttons, Profit margin %, +/-, Key Rollover
- Tax and Currency conversion, Function and Command Signs
- Desktop calculator
- Desktop calculator. Customer service from Helect
- On and Off buttons, Profit margin %, +, -, Key Rollover
- Tax and Currency conversion, Function and Command Signs
- Dimensions: 5/16H x 2-1/4W x 4L inches
- 8 digit LCD display
- Solar powered
- Available in a variety of fun colors
- MathPrint feature.Seven different graph styles for differentiating the look of each…
- Preloaded apps and images.Fourteen interactive zoom features
- Angled display
- Solar and battery powered
- Square root key
- Tax + business Calculation: the most common tax and business calculations are built-in…
- Clock and calendar keep track of time and days with the built-in clock and calendar…
- Easy paper Loading: we have made Loading paper easier than ever by moving the paper…
- Every product has been strictly tested, quality problems for 1 years free warranty,…
- Two-way Power:1 Button Battery and 1 AA batteries (included) two kinds of power supply,…
- Tilted screen for easy and accurate screen reading.Perfect for office, school or…
- Note: Some buyer may use it in the early morning or night. The screen maybe difficult…
- Calculators Large Display - ABS material, size 5.7 x 4.7 x1.8 In, weight 4 Oz (1…
- Basic Calculator - Add, subtract, multiply, divide, backspace, % and MU. Auto-off…
- GREAT VALUE OF 2 PACK2 different functional calculators, 1 basic calculator, 1 updated…
- LARGE DISPLAYLarge eye-angled, upright display, easy to read, easy to carry
- BIG BUTTON DESIGNLarge non-stick plastic button, new material, more durable. The…
- GREAT FOR HOME AND OFFICE: Performs common math as well as various financial functions,…
- ANTISKID DESIGN: With anti-skid gasket, it's not easy to slide during operation.
- DURABLE SILICONE BUTTON: Good sense of touch, ABS plastic material, light weight.…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/03/27 17:55. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best calculators