Review10Best compares the best camera bags and nominates the one from AmazonBasics as the best camera bag. In our camera bags review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different camera bags and follow our recommendation on which camera bag to buy in 2019. With the camera bag comparison, you can be sure to buy the best camera bag on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate camera bag buying guide
- View our camera bag picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about camera bags
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best camera bag is always worthwhile, as it helps to keep expensive photography equipment safe and secure while making it much easier to use on the go. However, with so many options out there, finding a great camera bag for your needs isn’t always straight-forward. Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best camera bag:
What are camera bags?
A camera bag is a type of bag designed to carry photography equipment. Carrying an expensive camera and lenses in a normal bag is often risky, as the equipment is fragile and thus may become damaged without sufficient protection. Because they are designed specifically to hold and carry cameras, a good camera bag comes with great padding, extra compartments, and various other features that make it very useful for transporting photography equipment.
Why should you buy a good camera bag?
The best camera bags offer exceptional protection for a camera and other equipment. Given how expensive and fragile most photography equipment is, it makes sense to buy a bag that protects it as much as possible. This is exactly what you get when you buy a quality camera bag.
How to choose the right camera bag?
Choosing a camera bag is often difficult, especially for first-time buyers. With so many different shapes, sizes, materials, and features to look choose from. Knowing which one is best for you requires some research.
Here are some things to consider when looking for thebest camera bag:
- Camera Type: One of the easiest ways to narrow down options for a camera bag is to determine what type of camera it needs to hold. While some camera bags hold many types of cameras, others are specially designed to hold one type. For instance, if you have a quality DSLR camera, you’ll need a bag that has space for this and several lenses, while advanced digital cameras require far less space.
- Protection: The main function of a camera bag is to protect the camera on the go, so you should always look for as much protection as possible. This typically comes in the shape of padding or a hard shell. In general, the thicker and heavier a camera bag is the more likely it is to protect the camera. Also, consider whether the bag is waterproof or if it comes with a protective waterproof cover.
- Capacity: The capacity of a camera bag is also important, as you don’t want to cram equipment inside if it lacks enough space for your equipment such as a tripod. This may not be an issue if your camera is small and you don’t have extra equipment, but those with a lot to carry will need to look for a camera bag with a suitable capacity.
What is the best kind of camera bag?
Just like there are several types of camera, there are many types of camera bags available. Here are some of the most popular:
- Bridge Camera Bag: These camera bags usually come with a top load design, meaning you gain access through the top of the bag. This makes it easy to get quick access to the camera, which is an important feature for many. They come in many sizes so are suitable for most types of cameras.
- Camera Pouches and Cases: Much smaller than most other camera bags, camera pouches and cases are great for smaller compact cameras. They are generally lightweight and come in many sizes, although they don’t offer much space beyond holding a camera.
- Camera Backpacks: Essentially a backpack designed for carrying photograph equipment, camera backpacks are great for many situations. They offer plenty of space, various compartments, and great support while providing ample protection when on the move. A perfect camera bag to use outside, whether for a day, weekend, or longer.
- Rolling Camera Bag: A unique option and typically used by professional photographers traveling extensively, a rolling camera bag is great for carrying heavy equipment. The rolling design makes them look like a small suitcase, although many also come with shoulder straps as well. They happen to be one of the most durable camera bags too, but also one of the heaviest.
Top 10 list of camera bags (March 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their camera bags rank and which camera bag is the best.
- Internal dimensions: 10" x 5" x 7" (LxWxH)
- External dimensions: 12" x 7" x 9" (LxWxH)
- Holds 1 DSLR body and up to 3 lenses
- Dimensions: Inside: 7"(L) X 5"(D) X 5.5"(H) | Outside: 7.5"(L) X 5.5"(D) X 6"(H)
- Removable shoulder strap
- 2 side pockets
- Adjustable and removable velcro taped cushions.It could be constructed into 6 small…
- Fits GoPro camera systems, professional shoe-mount flash units, radio triggers, mirrorless…
- Protects your photo gears and other accessories from scratches
- Besides being a dedicated camera case, it can also be a daily fashion messenger shoulder…
- Additional front pocket designed for your cellphone, wallet, business cards,etc
- Durable and soft Cotton inner material insert for absorbing shock and vibration To…
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Backed with Digital Goja 90-Day 100% Satisfaction Guaran…
- ACCESSORY STORAGE: Top compartment allows you to fit extra lenses or flash units.…
- PADDED SLING STRAP ROTATES TO FRONT: The comfort sling design allows for quick rotation…
- METAL ZIPPERS AND SOFT RUBBER PULLERS - Reinforced zippers with non-slip soft rubber…
- PADDED LAPTOP COMPARTMENT - We know you love your laptop as much as your camera equipment,…
- COMPLETELY CUSTOMIZABLE INTERIOR - Adjust the interior to perfectly fit your gear,…
- RUGGED METAL ZIPPERS AND SOFT RUBBER PULLERS: Reinforced zippers with non-slip soft…
- PADDED PROTECTION, NON-SCRATCH MATERIALS: Safely stow your gear with padding in all…
- COMPLETELY CUSTOMIZABLE INTERIOR: The padded dividers can be added/removed/organized…
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED -- Backed with Digital Goja 90-Day 100% Satisfaction Gua…
- TAKE MORE WITH YOU: Stores and carries 1 DSLR with attached lens, 4-5 additional…
- MULTIPLE ACCESSORY POCKETS for storing extra batteries, memory cards, accessories,…
- 【Satisfied Services】 3 years guarantees: Any problem within 3 years, we will…
- 【Perfect Design and Good Quality】①High density waterproof nylon;②Honeycomb…
- 【Main Feature】⑤The shockproof and breathable mat come with one hidden pocket,…
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
- Distributed by Amazon.com; backed by one-year AmazonBasics warranty
- Outer dimensions: 11.0 x 6.0 x 15.0 inches; Internal: 10 x 4.2 x 14.2 inches
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/03/18 09:55 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best camera bags