Review10Best compares the best card games and nominates the one from Hasbro as the best card game. In our card games review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different card games and follow our recommendation on which card game to buy in 2019. With the card game comparison, you can be sure to buy the best card game on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate card game buying guide
- View our card game picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about card games
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best card games offer countless hours of fun between friends and family. While the classic 52 card deck has spawned endless card games of its own, there are dozens of other card games that use unique cards, rules, and strategies.
So, it’s safe to say that choosing the best card game can take some time, as there simply so many great options available. Looking to buy a great card game but are unsure where to start? Check out this handy buying guide for all the info you need!
What are card games?
A card game is a type of game where card decks are used as the main form of gameplay. This includes traditional card games using 52-deck playing cards (e.g. blackjack, poker, solitaire etc), as well as more modern types of games that feature game-specific rules and cards, such as trading card games and trivia card games.
Why should you buy a good card game?
The best card games offer endless hours of entertainment. Whether you’re playing traditional card games or newer games, there are so many fun-filled options out there to play with. Better still, card games can involve solo or group play. For instance, a game of solitaire is very enjoyable on your own, while playing a game of poker with friends is also a great time.
The same goes for other types of card games. Trading card games feature a strong community of players, and the cards aren’t only used to play the game, but are also collected and traded too. There are card games suitable for all ages, and you can play the games virtually anywhere you want to!
How to choose the right card game?
Choosing the best card game is usually down to personal preferences, much like any other game. However, with so many options available, it can be difficult to determine what you might enjoy playing. Here’s some things to consider that can help you choose a great card game:
- Number of Players: One of the easiest ways to choose a card game is by the number of players it allows. For group games, you can’t go wrong with the classic 52-card deck or a trivia card game. Trading card games are great for solo play, although you do need to play against other players, but collecting and building decks can be done without other players.
- Gameplay: Card games vary in their gameplay, so it helps to know what style of gameplay you most prefer. For instance, people looking for serious, competitive gameplay will like playing bridge or poker, while trivia card games offer a lot fun entertainment for parties and the like. Trading card games require a lot strategy and planning, but are also great fun to play.
- Complexity: Card games come with varying levels of complexity, so be sure to consider this before you buy one. This is especially important if you’re looking for family-friendly games where kids are playing, as you want a game that everyone can learn with relative ease. Card games come with so many different type of rules and styles of play that it can be rather difficult to grasp for first-time players.
What is the best kind of card game?
As mentioned, there are countless types of card games available, but they can be generally categorised into the following types:
- Traditional Card Games: The best-known card games, they use the traditional 52-card playing deck to play an endless selection of games. Poker, blackjack, solitaire, and bridge are just a few examples of popular traditional card games, and there are countless rules that can be applied to each. For most games all you need is a deck of traditional playing cards, so it’s one of the cheapest options that provides countless games.
- Trading Card Games: Trading card games (also known as collecting card games) involve buying unique sets of playing cards to build what is known as deck. Once you have a suitable deck, you can play the game in its most basic form against another player, although there are usually hundreds of cards of varying rarities that can be collected and used in different ways. The best-known examples are the Pokémon card game and Magic: The Gathering, and players tend to commit long-term collecting and playing.
- Trivia Card Games: Trivia card games - often called party games - are card games that involve several players playing as teams or individuals. The rules vary depending on the game, but often involve logic, memory, or creative thinking. Many of these card games feature basic question and answers, while others utilise very unique rules like a board game. Examples include Exploding Kittens, Cards Against Humanity, and Uno.
Top 10 list of card games (February 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their card games rank and which card game is the best.
- Includes 110 cards and instructions. For 2 to 5 players. Ages 8 and up
- Steal properties or demand money from other players when you get the right Action…
- Earn and swap properties and charge other players rent
- Winner of over 10 Best Game Awards.
- Quick favorite for both avid and casual card players.
- Ages 8 to adult 1-7 Players Includes solitaire version.
- America's #1 gerbil coffin.
- Includes a booklet of sensible game rules and preposterous alternate rules.
- Contains 500 white cards and 100 black cards for maximum replayability.
- Playing time: 15 minutes
- 2 to 5 players
- Reinforces probability, visual discrimination and strategic thinking
- Age 14 and up
- 15 minute playing time
- For 2-8+ Players
- MORE FUN THIS WAY: Did you know that we make other awesome games? In addition to…
- WHAT'S INSIDE: Each What Do You Meme core game contains 435 cards. 360 of these are…
- WHO WILL BE CROWNED MEME QUEEN/KING: The winner of each round is decided by a rotating…
- This is a game that EVERYONE is guaranteed to love (excluding tax collectors, patent…
- You'll learn it in five minutes and then want to play it for five hours. (We cannot…
- Highly competitive and crazy fun. Every player is in the mix until the last card…
- Ages 17+
- High quality cards can be burned for heat after society collapses.
- 360 panel cards (including 10 add-your-own-words cards) combine to form millions…
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/02/22 01:04 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best card games