Review10Best compares the best carpet cleaning machines and nominates the one from BISSELL HomeCare, Inc. as the best carpet cleaning machine. In our carpet cleaning machines review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different carpet cleaning machines and follow our recommendation on which carpet cleaning machine to buy in 2019. With the carpet cleaning machine comparison, you can be sure to buy the best carpet cleaning machine on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate carpet cleaning machine buying guide
- View our carpet cleaning machine picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about carpet cleaning machines
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
When looking for the best carpet cleaning machine for your home, it’s a good idea to do plenty of research so you find the most suitable model for your needs. While there are many great carpet cleaning machines out there, there are also many low-quality machines that are well worth avoiding. So, be sure to check out the guide below on how to find the right carpet cleaning machine for your home:
What are carpet cleaning machines?
As the name suggests, a carpet cleaning machine is a device used to clean carpets. While designs and functions can vary from each model, every carpet cleaner works to remove deep dirt and stains embedded within a carpet. For the most part, this is done through soaking the carpet with hot water treated with a good carpet cleaner before extracting the now-dirty water, leaving the carpets much cleaner and fresher.
Why should you buy a good carpet cleaning machine?
The best carpet cleaning machine allows homeowners to maintain a high standard of hygiene in their carpets. As most people just vacuum their carpets, there’s a lot of dirt and debris that remains embedded in the fibers that can cause allergies and look rather unpleasant. So, by using a good carpet cleaning machine, your carpets will not only look and smell much nicer, they will be more hygienic and likely to last much longer. If your home has a lot of carpets, then the right carpet cleaning machine is a fantastic investment!
How to choose the right carpet cleaning machine?
There are plenty of carpet cleaners out there worth buying, but there are also plenty of less than reliable machines that are best avoided. To ensure you get the best carpet cleaner possible, consider some of the following:
- Features: The more cleaning features the machine has, the better. This is because they can help make the cleaning process faster and more efficient, so be sure to look out for features such as auto-mix, dry vacuuming, water tank heater and attachable brushes.
- Power: Carpet cleaning machines with more power perform better. If you want a machine that will clean deep and through, look for something with a high wattage.
- Weight: An often-overlooked aspect, the best carpet cleaning machines tend to be the heaviest, and this can be troublesome for some people. Anyone that may have problems constantly moving a heavy machine should look for a more portable or lightweight type of carpet cleaner, as you don’t want to struggle using it!
- Water Tank Capacity: If you have a lot of carpets that will be cleaned frequently, then a carpet cleaning machine with a large water tank will be the better option. This will save constantly having to refill the tank at the sink, reducing the time needed for cleaning.
What is the best kind of carpet cleaning machine?
There is a huge range of quality carpet cleaning machines out there. Some will be more suited for certain carpet sizes and conditions, while others will provide a range of additional features that you may find useful.
- Shampoo Carpet Cleaners: The standard carpet cleaning machine, it typically resembles an upright vacuum cleaner. It shampoos the carpet to remove stains, dirt, and spillages, helping to restore its appearance, making them great for most homes. They do leave the carpet wet, however, unless they come with a vacuum feature, which most modern machines do. Should it not, you will need to let the carpet dry naturally.
- Steam Carpet Cleaners: By utilizing steam as the main cleaning method, steam carpet cleaning machines are highly effective for sanitizing and cleaning carpets. Working at very high temperature, the steam and cleaning solution combine to clean very deep, making them one of the best performing carpet cleaning machines.
- Spot Carpet Cleaners: Small and compact, these carpet cleaning machines are great for minor maintenance and dealing with spills and stains as they occur. To make them more portable they do have smaller tanks, so they aren’t ideal for cleaning large areas of carpet. But as they are lightweight and easy to use they still make for a great cleaning tool in most households.
Top 10 list of carpet cleaning machines (August 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their carpet cleaning machines rank and which carpet cleaning machine is the best.
- Convenient, collapsible handle for easy storing
- Powerful Bissell oxy based Formula removes stains like coffee, wine, grape juice,…
- 4 Row rotating dirt lifter power brush combined with powerful suction to loosen and…
- OCEAN BREEZE SCENT: For a fresh and clean-smelling home
- MADE IN THE USA: With US and globally sourced ingredients
- FOR USE IN FULL-SIZE DEEP CLEANING MACHINES: Including HOOVER, Bissell and Rug Doctor,…
- Powerful cleaning for high traffic areas and small spaces
- Lightweight design for ease of use
- HeatForce power means faster drying. Clean Water Capacity 0.5 Gallons
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: Sample bottle of solution, Stair tool, Upholstery Tool, Crevice…
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Less than 19 pounds, pick up and go wherever the mess is with ease
- HEAT FORCE: Speed up dry time while lifting stubborn stains
- Includes: 2-in-1 antimicrobial pet tool, sample bottle of cleaning solution, 8 ft.…
- FlexForce PowerBrushes gently remove deep dirt, debris and pet messes
- Auto dry delivers powerful extraction with HeatForce for faster drying
- EZ Clean Brush Roll Cover makes cleaning the machine after a deep clean quick and…
- 2 in 1 Pet Upholstery Tool removes pet hair, stains and odors from upholstery
- Light weight design (less than 18 pounds ) and low profile foot makes it easy to…
- 5 year limited warranty.Power Rating:12 amps; Tough Stain Tool & 9 Foot Hose.…
- Professional formula? includes a trial size BISSELL professional formula. Power Cord…
- Two large tanks for full room cleaning
- Includes removable tool caddy and upholstery tool for spot treating stains or cleaning…
- "Super Boost" gives an extra "boost" to highly trafficked or…
- Rated Gold for Best in Class Cleaning Performance by CRI (Carpet + Rug Institute);…
- Endlessly versatile, the handheld soft surface versatility tool deep cleans soft…
- With little refilling, the enhanced vacuum motor sucks up and extracts soils into…
- Deters remarking and renews carpets; pro-enzymatic formula within Rug Doctor Platinum…
- Clean set in stains with the trial size Spot & Stain formula and 3 inches tough…
- Use the HydroRinse tool attachment to easily clean out the hose after each use
- Removable water tanks for easy filling and emptying
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/08/21 22:00 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best carpet cleaning machines