Review10Best compares the best ceiling fans and nominates the one from Westinghouse as the best ceiling fan. In our ceiling fans review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different ceiling fans and follow our recommendation on which ceiling fan to buy in 2019. With the ceiling fan comparison, you can be sure to buy the best ceiling fan on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate ceiling fan buying guide
- View our ceiling fan picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about ceiling fans
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
For anyone looking for a cost-effective way to cool down a room, buying a ceiling fan is a great option. Not only are they functional, they also offer a stylish fixture to the room, making them worthwhile investment for many people.
However, finding the best ceiling fan isn’t always easy, especially if you have never owned one before, so it helps to know what to look for before you buy. Follow the guide below for all the info you need to find the best ceiling fan for your home:
What are ceiling fans?
A ceiling fan is a type of mechanical fan that is attached to the ceiling of a room. It features several rotating paddles that circulate the air of a room when powered, typically by electricity. Unlike traditional circulating fans (e.g. a desk fan), a ceiling fan rotates at a slow pace to move any still, hot air in a room.
Why should you buy a good ceiling fan?
While they don’t actually cool warm air in a room like an air-conditioning unit, the best ceiling fans operate on much less power, making them an environmentally friendly option that can save a lot on energy bills.
They also offer a very pleasing breeze that has a cooling effect, making them a great addition to homes in warm climates. In fact, using a ceiling fan with air-conditioning units on low settings can save money and still effectively cool a room.
How to choose the right ceiling fan?
Choosing the best ceiling fan depends entirely on the needs of the individual. Here are some things to consider when looking for a good ceiling fan for your home:
- Room Size: When looking for a ceiling fan, it’s important to consider the size of the room so you can buy a suitable fan. For instance, bigger rooms require large fans (around 52” and above) to work effectively, while smaller rooms can be cooled with smaller size fans (between 30” to 42”).
- Quality: While it is certainly possible to find a great fan for a reasonable price, be wary of cheap ceiling fans as they aren’t that effective. Moreover, they can make irritating humming noises when the rotate, so be sure to choose a ceiling fan with a powerful motor that can quietly and effectively circulate the air.
- Reversible Airflow: Some of the best ceiling fans include a reversible airflow feature, where the fan rotates in the opposite direction to pull air upwards as opposed to downwards. This is a great feature for in the winter, as it helps to warm the room by recirculating warm air that would normally remain trapped closer to the ceiling, allowing heating to be even more evenly distributed.
What is the best kind of ceiling fan?
There are many types of ceiling fan available, any of which may be a great fit for your home. Here are some of the most common types:
- Standard Ceiling Fan: Also known as a traditional ceiling fan, they are probably the most popular sold and come in many shapes, sizes, and styles. They tend to feature five rotary blades and come with a light fixture.
- Low Profile Ceiling Fan: Often called hugger fans, these are installed directly on a mounting bracket to secure it to the ceiling, being designed for rooms with ceilings lower than eight feet. Because they are fitted so close to the ceiling, the blades can remain in the recommended position above the floor (seven feet).
- Energy Efficient Ceiling Fans: As the name suggests, these ceiling fans come with an energy-efficient motor that reduces power consumption, being as much as 20 percent more energy-efficient compared to standard fans.
Top 10 list of ceiling fans (January 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their ceiling fans rank and which ceiling fan is the best.
- Lifetime warranty on motor; two-year warranty on all other parts
- Includes 3/4-inch by 4-inch down rod, 78-inch lead wire, and two candelabra-base…
- Airflow: 4,083 cfm; Energy Usage: 51 watts without light; Airflow Efficiency: 80…
- Limited lifetime motor warranty
- Three speed, reversible motor
- 5 Matte black/Siberian Walnut reversible blades with 12 degree Pitch
- Reverse air flow feature allows you to change the direction of the fan seasonally,…
- 3 fan speeds allow you to maintain your ideal comfort level. Convenient handheld…
- Integrated matte opal glass light kit includes one 18-watt LED bulb for energy-efficient…
- 37 Year in Ceiling Fan and Solar Industry (Not Fly By Night)
- The motor can be run in reverse to aid operation in winter to move warm air down…
- The Indoor Ceiling Fan delivers ultra-powerful air movement, so you get the cooling…
- 2997 CFM
- Limited Lifetime Motor Warranty is backed by the only company with over 126 years…
- Includes integrated light kit with Cased White glass, Two 9.8W LED bulbs inclu…
- HANGING MEASUREMENTS: This fan measures 14.49 in from ceiling to bottom of fan.
- FROSTED OPAL GLOBE LIGHT: One A15 /E26 (included) with purchase.
- PULL-CHAINS INCLUDED: Included for quick and easy on/off adjustments. This fan is…
- Installer's Choice three-position mounting system allows for standard, angled or…
- Includes Fan/Light Handheld Remote Control
- Includes integrated light kit with Cased White glass with Two 9W LED bulbs inclu…
- Energy information at high speed - Airflow: 1360 Cubic Feet Per Minute. Electricity…
- 3 Speed AC motor with reverse located on the ceiling fan
- Handheld remote control included with dimming feature, 1-3-6 hour timer
- Low profile housing is specially designed to fit flush to the Ceiling and is ideal…
- 13 degree blade Pitch optimized to ensure ideal air movement and peak performanc…
- 5 light grey Oak/grey Walnut reversible blades included
- Includes a six-inch downrod to hang from most ceilings under 10feet. Larger downrods…
- Reversible switch on the motor housing allows circulation of cool air in the summer…
- Included hand-held Remote control allows for three-speed control as well as full-range…
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/01/17 07:36 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best ceiling fans