Review10Best compares the best circular saws and nominates the one by Skil as the best circular saw. In our circular saws review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different circular saws and follow our recommendation on which circular saw to buy in 2020. With the circular saw comparison, you can be sure to buy the best circular saw on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate circular saw buying guide
- View our circular saw picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about circular saws
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best circular saws make DIY and woodworking projects much easier, letting you quickly and efficiently cut straight lines through various wood materials. However, choosing the right circular saw can be quite difficult, with various specifications and technical jargon making it a daunting prospect for those that aren’t familiar with power tools.
To help you find the best circular saw, check out the below guide for all the info you need to choose the right tool for your needs.
What are circular saws?
A circular saw is a power tool that features a circular cutting blade or disc that rotates at high speeds. The fixed blade uses a rotary motion, allowing it to quickly and efficiently cut through various materials including wood, plastic, masonry, and some metals.
Various designs are available that all operate on the same function, ranging from handheld circular saws to table-mounted circular saws, with the best circular saws allowing the user to make horizontal and vertical cuts at varying depths for woodworking and DIY projects.
Why should you buy a good circular saw?
A good circular saw is a fantastic addition to any tool kit. It’s a versatile cutting tool suitable for those tougher sawing jobs where a manual or jigsaw won’t manage, allowing you to quickly cut through wood and other materials with the greatest of ease. As it can be used to make vertical and horizontal cuts at various heights and depths, you can use a circular saw for those more complex sawing jobs like cross cuts, rip cuts, and bevel cuts.
How to choose the right circular saw?
Choosing power tools like circular saws can be difficult if you don’t know what to look for in the product. So here are some things to consider before buying the best circular saw:
- Cutting Capacity: While great for cutting most types of wood, circular saws need to have the right cutting capacity and depth for the materials you are using. Simply put, the higher the capacity the thicker the material you can cut. Sizes can vary, often ranging from 35m to 75mm, so always check what the maximum capacity at 90-degrees on any saw.
- Bevel Capacity: Most modern circular saws can make cuts at various angles, so be sure to check what range the bevel capacity is to determine what type of cuts can be made. You’ll want to know what the maximum bevel angle is and cutting depth at 45-degree if making complex bevel cuts.
- Speed: Measured in RPM, the speed of the blade determines how much control you have over the saw, with higher speed offering better control over each cut. Look for a decent range from between 2,500rpm to 5,000rpm.
What is the best kind of circular saw?
There are many circular saw brands on the market. Consider one of the two main types of circular saw currently available:
- Hand-Held Circular Saw: Most circular saws are the hand-held variety, which is held in both hands, with one hand controlling the rear handle and the other directing the saw via the front handle. It is pushed into the material and is great for making straight cuts at varying lengths.
- Plunge-Cut Circular Saw: Same as a hand-held circular saw but with an added plunge function that lets it cut downwards into the wood. This means you can also start cuts in the middle of a board rather than just at one end.
Top 10 list of circular saws (April 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their circular saws rank and which circular saw is the best.
- Dust blower keeps line-of-cut free of sawdust for improved visibility.Anti-snag lower…
- Lightweight 6.95-lb design reduces fatigue
- 51 degree bevel capacity for a wide variety of cuts. Arbor size: 5/8 inches, cord…
- Integrated Dust blower
- 57-Degree beveling capacity with positive stops at 45-Degree and 22.5-Degree
- Patented 15-Amp motor
- Included Components: Circular saw blade, Wrench
- This product meets customer requirement
- This product is manufactured in China
- 1 year warranty
- Large cutting capacity (2 to 1/2 inches at 90 degree) and bevel capacity (0 degree…
- Two built in L.E.D lights illuminate the line of cut for increased accuracy
- 3 Year Limited Warranty, refer to "Warranty & Support" section below…
- Contoured overmolded handle for added comfort during use
- Metal rafter hook for convenience
- Battery & Charger Sold Separately
- Includes: DCS391 6.5-Inch Circular Saw and 6-.5-Inch Carbide-tipped Blade
- 6.5-Inch carbide-tipped blade for cutting 2 times material at 90° and 45°…
- VALUABLE ACCESSORIES: You will get: 1XTacklife TCS115A circular saw; 6 blades(2x120mm…
- SAFETY DESIGN & ERGONOMIC DESIGN: The double protection switch prevents the machine…
- FLEXIBLE 90° & 45° BEVEL CUTTING: Easy-set depth scaled gauge lever allows…
- 2 Blades & Dust Collection Including 2 carbide-tipped blades, 24T 7-1/2"…
- Ergonomic Handle & Safety Design The auxiliary soft rubber handle is economically…
- Bevel Cutting & Depth Adjustment By pivoting the aluminum shoe, you can adjust…
- Best-in-class torque improves productivity and increases speed of cut
- Powerful Dual-Field motor increases cooling and extends tool life
- All-magnesium construction reduces user fatigue and adds durability
- PACKAGE CONTENTS 1 * Compact Circular Saw; 1 * 30T Saw Blade; 1 * 36T Saw Blade;…
- ERGNOMIC AND SAFE: The soft rubber handle reduces hand fatigue effectively. Also…
- PRECISE AND ADJUSTABLE CUTTING DEPTH: With the laser guide, the mini circular saw…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/03/27 15:05. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best circular saws