Review10Best compares the best coffee beans and nominates the one from Lavazza as the best coffee bean. In our coffee beans review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different coffee beans and follow our recommendation on which coffee bean to buy in 2019. With the coffee bean comparison, you can be sure to buy the best coffee bean on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate coffee bean buying guide
- View our coffee bean picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about coffee beans
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Whole coffee beans produce the freshest coffee beverages, making them a popular choice for many people. It is hard to define what the best coffee bean is, as it is mostly down to personal tastes and preferences. Yet finding a great tasting coffee bean isn’t always easy, especially if you have never purchased them before. Check the handy guide below for all the information you need to choose the best coffee beans:
What are coffee beans?
Coffee beans are the seed of the coffee plant and are the main source for the popular brewed drink coffee. The beans are roasted after cultivation, after which they are sold in various forms, including whole beans that keep the bean intact. Coffee plants are grown throughout the world, resulting in many different types of coffee beans, all of which have distinct flavors and notes.
Why should you buy a good coffee bean?
The best coffee beans are much more flavourful compared to other types of coffee like ground coffee and instant coffee. So, buying coffee beans usually results in a tastier beverage, with much stronger flavor and aroma produced. Coffee beans are also much fresher - you can grind a weeks’ worth with ease and it will still taste fresher than any ground coffee bought from a store. If you love the taste of coffee, then buying some quality coffee beans is highly recommended.
How to choose the right coffee bean?
Choosing the best coffee beans to brew at home is entirely down to your personal tastes. Coffee beans come in many flavors and strengths, so finding one you like can be a case of trial and error. Here are some things to consider so it’s easier to find great coffee beans:
- Roast Type: Coffee beans are sold in different roasts, and each type offers different flavors, colors, textures, sweetness, and acidities. Coffee beans are either light, medium, or dark roast, and each one comes with distinct flavors and textures, so you may want to read the description of the roast for a better idea of how it will taste.
- Strength: The best coffee beans aren’t necessarily the strongest, as many people prefer a much milder beverage. Most coffee beans come with a description of their overall strength, and remember that the stronger the coffee bean the oilier the drink will be. Stronger also means a more potent flavor, so if you prefer a mild taste to your coffee make sure the coffee beans aren’t too strong.
- Freshness: The best quality coffee beans are those that are consumed shortly after the roasting process, roughly around two weeks. After this, the flavor and richness slowly fade, meaning the best tasting coffee beans need to be fresh. So, look for coffee beans that provide a roast date, and ensure you use them within a few weeks of that date.
What is the best kind of coffee bean?
While coffee beans are typically categorized by their country of origin, there are only two main types available:
- Coffee Arabica: The best coffee beans are Arabica beans. They are widely regarded as the better tasting and smelling coffee, and as they are grown in many different countries there is a wide range of flavors and aromas available.
- Coffee Robusta: Not as flavourful or pleasant as arabica coffee, Robusta beans are grown at a lower altitude which alters the taste quite significantly. However, they are a much stronger coffee in terms of caffeine content.
Top 10 list of coffee beans (April 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their coffee beans rank and which coffee bean is the best.
- Best used with Espresso machine
- Blended and roasted in Italy
- Mild and creamy medium espresso roast with notes of honey, almonds, and dried fr…
- If you are not completely satisfied, we'll refund your order. No questions asked
- This perfect dark roast will make you the hero of the house or office
- Take pride knowing that your coffee is Fair Trade, USDA Certified Organic and Ko…
- Artisan Roasted in Small Baches for Optimum Freshness
- Medium-Dark Roast - Whole Bean Arabica Coffee -GMO Free
- Medium to Full Bodied with a Very Smooth Cocoa Toned Finish & Low Acidity
- ROASTED IN THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS: It's all deep, dark and delicious, roasted right…
- ORGANIC, FAIRTRADE, KOSHER, SHADE GROWN, ARABICA COFFEE: Coffee that is good and…
- ORIGIN INDONESIA, CENTRAL & SOUTH AMERICA: Grown in a socially and environmentally…
- Origin: Honduras, Sharing Certified ProgramTM
- Rich and chocolaty with profound depth of flavor, velvety body, and low acidity
- 2LB - Whole Bean - Medium Dark Roast
- An Amazon brand
- Satisfaction Guarantee: We're proud of our products. If you aren't satisfied, we'll…
- Shown as a serving suggestion
- America's #1 Whole Bean Coffee
- Quality since 1859
- Original Flavor, 42 Ounce Resealabe Bag
- Real Good Coffee Co: With over 30 years' experience of coffee sourcing and craft…
- Works With All Coffee Brewers: Our medium roast whole bean coffee is suitable for…
- Tasting Notes: Our Donut Shop coffee features the flavors of brown sugar and hazelnut,…
- We want you to completely satisfied, if not we will happily refund your order, supremo…
- Koffee Kult is a family owned and operated artisan coffee roaster not a distributor,…
- Voted #1 for Strong Bold flavor but smooth. Not bitter with low acidity. Best choice…
- Each pack includes a 20-ounce bag of whole-bean Starbucks coffee
- For finest taste, always use clean, filtered water; clean your machine before using;…
- Enjoy the Starbucks coffee you love without leaving the house
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/04/23 21:37. o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best coffee beans