Review10Best compares the best computers and nominates the one by Acer as the best computer. In our computers review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different computers and follow our recommendation on which computer to buy in 2020. With the computer comparison, you can be sure to buy the best computer on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate computer buying guide
- View our computer picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about computers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
With such a huge range of devices to choose from, finding the best computer for your needs can feel like a daunting prospect, especially for those unsure of what to look for. Given the complexity of computers, struggling to understand what constitutes a worthwhile investment is commonplace, so a little research can be a massive help.
Looking to buy the best computer you can but are unsure of where to start? Check out this guide for everything you need to know:
What are computers?
A computer is an electronic device that sends, receives, processes, and stores data to perform a variety of functions. Most people own or at have used a computer for web browsing, emailing, playing video games, listening to music, watching videos or typing documents.
Why should you buy a good computer?
Owning a computer is almost a necessity in our modern age. They make it possible for instant communication and interaction with people from all over the world, not to mention providing the opportunity to shop, play games, write documents and spreadsheets, send email, and browse the web – and that’s just the tip of the iceberg!
Whether it’s for work, school, or for personal entertainment (or all three) owning the best computer for your needs will make life much easier.
How to choose the right computer?
With such a staggering choice of devices, hardware and software, finding the best computer for your needs certainly takes a lot of thought and consideration. Knowing what you need and how you intend to use it is one of the best places to start, so here are some things to consider:
- Operating system: This is one of the most important aspects of a computer, as it will determine how it looks and operates, not to mention what type of software and hardware can be used. Windows, is the most common OS and probably the best for everyday computers, while Apple’s OS X operating system is often viewed as the best choice for professionals with specific requirements (such as design software).
- Form: Most common computers have the standard desktop form of a big box that sits beneath a desk, but there are plenty of other options out there that may suit you better. Towers are the most widespread and affordable choice, and come in a selection of shapes and sizes to help save space if needed. All-in-one combine the monitor, computer, and speakers into a single piece of hardware, which are great for saving space. The iMac from Apple is an example of a popular all-in-one system.
- Processor: The very brain of a computer, you will want a processor that can meet your needs, although not all computers require the best processor out there (which is rather expensive). For instance, a good computer with a dual processer should be fine for casual everyday use, while a quadcore processor is better suited for more demanding use such as using editing programs.
- Memory: Known as RAM, the memory of a computer is important for a smooth performance when using multiple programs at once. The more RAM, the more powerful a computer and the more functions it can perform, which is especially important for using demanding software. Anywhere above 6GB will be good for anything beyond web browsing, with 8GB and 16GB best for playing games and using more powerful software.
- Storage: This determines how much data a computer can hold, including software, apps, music, video etc. A hard disk drive (HDD)is the more affordable choice and can come with large capacity, while solid state drives (SSD) perform at a much faster rate, although they come with similar capacities. Anything above 500GB is recommended, but those sharing a computer between several users may benefit from having more storage.
- Graphics card: Most computers will feature an integrated graphics card, which is fine for web browsing and watching videos, but a dedicated graphics card will be needed for anyone looking to play games or editing photos and videos.
What is the best kind of computer?
There are many different types of computers available today, some of which are may be best suited to your home or office, while others are designed for certain types of users.
- Desktop: The standard computer setup, features a tower that contains all the hardware, while components like the monitor and speakers are also connected. Available in many sizes, they are the best computer for most general users, although they can be made into specialist devices with the appropriate hardware and software.
- Laptop: A portable computer, laptops are compact and lightweight, making them fantastic computers for taking to college, school, work etc. Can lack the power of a desktop due to limited space for hardware, although there are more powerful models out there for specialist use.
- Tablets: Another portable device, but one that is much smaller than a laptop. Tablets offer a great computer for anyone that isn’t too familiar with technology, offering a user-friendly experience and affordable price. However, they tend to lack in certain functions, carrying nowhere near the same power of hardware as a desktop, and to a lesser extent a laptop.
Top 10 list of computers (April 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their computers rank and which computer is the best.
- Built in Stereo Speakers , External 1 MP Webcam (via USB Connector), Wireless Keyboard…
- 802. 11ac Wi Fi, Gigabit Ethernet LAN & Bluetooth 4. 2 LE
- 8GB DDR4 Memory & 1TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive. Maximum Power Supply Wattage:…
- Windows 10 Home, USB keyboard & USB mouse
- 1 USB 3. 1 Type C Gen 2 port (up to 10 Gaps), 1 USB 3. 1 Gen 2 port, 1 USB 3.…
- 802. 11AC Wi Fi, Gigabit Ethernet LAN & Bluetooth 5. 0
- 1 Year Parts & Labor | Free Lifetime Tech Support
- Special Feature: window side Case Panel | Custom ARGB case Lighting | RGB 7 Colors…
- Connectivity: 6 x USB 3. 1 | 2 x USB 2. 0 | 1x RJ-45 Network Ethernet 10/100/1000…
- : 1 Year Parts & Labor + Free Lifetime US Tech Support | Assembled in the U.…
- Special Add-Ons: Tempered Glass RGB Gaming Case | 802. 11AC Wi-Fi Included | 16 Color…
- Connectivity: 4 x USB 3. 0 | 2 x USB 2. 0 | 1x RJ-45 Network Ethernet 10/100/1000…
- Operating System and Warranty: Windows 10 Home and one-year limited warranty With…
- Keyboard and Mouse: HP wired Keyboard with volume control and optical mouse
- HP true vision full HD camera: video chat with vibrant clarity, even in low ligh…
- System Ram Type: ddr4_sdram
- SD card reader
- Dell KB216 wired Keyboard Dell MS116 wired mouse
- Durable and Reliable WarrantyLifetime technical support, 7 days/ 24 hours serving,…
- Fully EquipmentSupport 2.4G/5.8G Band WiFi and BT 4.1.Built with VGA and HDMI port,…
- HD GraphicWith integrated Intel HD graphic to enjoy 4K Web surfing, video playback,…
- Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum Power Supply Wattage 65 W
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 Hours Battery Life
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port, 2 USB 2.0 Ports & 1 HDMI Port with HDCP support
- 2 Built in 2W Stereo Speakers| Built in 2.0MP Full HD (1080P) Webcam, Wireless Keyboard…
- 802.11ac Wi Fi, Gigabit Ethernet LAN & Bluetooth 4.2LE
- 12GB DDR4 Memory, 512GB SSD & 8x DVD Writer Double Layer Drive (DVD RW)
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/03/28 13:40. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best computers