Review10Best compares the best creatine supplements and nominates the one from Optimum Nutrition as the best creatine supplement. In our creatine supplements review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different creatine supplements and follow our recommendation on which creatine supplement to buy in 2019. With the creatine supplement comparison, you can be sure to buy the best creatine supplement on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate creatine supplement buying guide
- View our creatine supplement picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about creatine supplements
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Creatine supplements are one of the most well-researched dietary supplements on the market, so it’s clear just how beneficial they can be for one’s health. However, with numerous products available from many providers, it’s not always clear what the best creatine supplement is for most people. Aiming to enjoy the benefits of this dietary supplement but are unsure of what you need? Take a look at this handy guide for finding the best creatine supplements available today.
What are creatine supplements?
Creatine is an organic compound that provides muscles with energy. Our bodies produce creatine naturally, but only in small amounts, while it can also be attained from foods such as meat and fish. Muscles receive creatine and then convert them into creatine phosphate, which can produce high amounts of ATP, the main energy source of muscles. A good creatine supplement allows us to consume higher amounts of the compound without side effects. It is known to increase athletic performance by feeding the muscles with energy, increasing the effectiveness of workouts and improving lean muscle mass.
Why should you buy a good creatine supplement?
Having been extensively researched, the benefits of creatine supplements are well known and understood. The main reason for investing in a best creatine supplement is for intensive workouts without side effects as it allows people to train for much longer and at a harder pace. As a result, regular use of creatine supplements with exercises such as strength training, high-intensity interval training, and sprinting can increase strength, power, performance, muscle size, and lean body mass.
How to choose the right creatine supplement?
Without proper insight, knowing what the best creatine supplement for your body can be quite difficult. This can be made easier if you know what to look for to find a great creatine supplement product:
- Standalone or Blended: Standalone creatine is a great option for anyone that is serious about exercising, although a blended option, such as a pre-workout supplement, will allow you to ingest various products at one time. Of course, you can easily buy the best standalone creatine supplement you find and combine it with your other supplements such as fat burners, BCCAs or protein powder.
- Powder or Capsules: Creatine supplements come in either powder or capsule form, so you’ll want to decide which you prefer. Capsules offer the obvious advantage of being easy to digest and many believe they help with the unappealing taste of the powder version. However, creatine powder can be combined with other supplements for maximum efficiency and recovery from workouts, so may be more suited for some. It will be more difficult to take to the gym unless pre-mixed.
- Budget: Like most health supplements, creatine is not the cheapest product to buy, although some types are more affordable than others. For example, creatine monohydrate is a popular creatine supplement and also the most affordable. So it’s a good place to start for many.
What is the best kind of creatine supplement?
There are too many types of creatine supplements to name, but there are some that are by far and away the most popular and effective, including:
- Creatine Monohydrate: Being the most popular and widely available, most view creatine monohydrate as the best creatine supplement available. The simple fact for this is that the effects are well studied and known to work, making it one of the most effective health supplements sold.
- Creatine Ethyl Ester: One of the newer types of creatine yet one viewed as a fantastic supplement. The main difference is that the creatine has been bonded with an ester so that the creatine is absorbed into the muscle cells much faster.
Top 10 list of creatine supplements (April 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their creatine supplements rank and which creatine supplement is the best.
- Enhance energy reserves in muscles while minimizing protein breakdown
- Increase energy levels and speed up recovery rates
- Improves performance in high-intensity exercise
- VEGAN FRIENDLY: Are you on a vegan diet? BulkSupplements pure micronized creatine…
- LAB-TESTED QUALITY: Stop wasting tons of money on unreliable, ineffective products…
- BEST VALUE FOR MONEY: If you're looking for the best micronized creatine monohydrate…
- AVAILABLE IN 100, 200, 300 CAPSULE BOTTLES
- EASY TO SWALLOW CAPSULES
- CONVENIENT CAPSULES - 2-cap serving size makes taking creatine quick and easy without…
- SUPER CONVENIENT: Creatine capsules have 700mg vs our 1,667mg tablets. Take your…
- BOOST POST WORKOUT RECOVERY: Recharge muscle growth after epic workout sessions to…
- PROPEL PERFORMANCE: Whether you build power in crossfit, size in bodybuilding or…
- OVERALL BENEFITS - 100% Micronized creatine monohydrate powder helps increase strength,…
- BUILD STRENGTH - In a separate study, test subjects increased their bench press…
- CLINICALLY STUDIED RESULTS - Heavy-lifting trainers built 6 pounds of lean muscle…
- Gluten Free, No Dye
- Mixes easily and can be used by itself or blended into shakes and other beverage…
- Creatines shown to maximize levels of muscle creatine phosphate, a critical energy…
- Creatine monohydrate is a high-energy substrate that assists in muscle contraction,…
- Helps to maintain higher levels of ATP
- Reduces exercise fatigue
- Increases strength & power
- Promotes high-intensity energy
- Tested For Purity And Banned Substances
- Buffered, Stable, Patented
- pH-Correct Creatine
- MET-Rx FOCUSES ON THE POWER of protein & other important nutrients for workout enhancement.…
- MET-Rx products have been specifically formulated with a precise nutrient profile…
- SUPPORT YOUR TRAINING: MET-Rx Creatine 4200 works with your training routine. It…
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/04/24 22:56 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best creatine supplements