Review10Best compares the best digital cameras and nominates the one from The Imaging World as the best camera. In our digital cameras review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different cameras and follow our recommendation on which digital camera to buy in 2019. With the camera comparison, you can be sure to buy the best digital camera on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate digital camera buying guide
- View our digital camera picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to cameras
- Watch recommended videos about digital cameras
- More about digital cameras on the web
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best digital camera for your needs will depend on many things. With countless options out there, it is important to know which things you plan to photograph, how much control you want over the images, and whether you want to record video or not. There are plenty of good cameras out there, many of which are very affordable and ideal for users of every level.
What are digital cameras?
A digital camera is a device used to record or capture images. These can be stored either directly onto the device or, depending on the type of camera, remotely. Most modern options allow you to do both. While there are many styles available, digital cameras, for the most part, feature a box-shaped body with a glass lens attached to the front. This box is used to control the amount of light reaching the inside, which is then used to capture an image on digital sensors.
Why should you buy a good digital camera?
A camera is a fantastic device that has been used for centuries. Digital cameras are great for anyone that loves photography or simply taking photos of moments throughout life. A digital camera is the modern variation of this timeless device, and they offer a lot of great benefits, such as recording video footage and various shooting modes and effects, making them a versatile piece of hardware that has many uses.
Whether you are taking photos of friends and family or capturing images of landscapes and other sights you come across in life, there is no denying how great a digital camera can be for recording all of the life’s best memories.
How to choose the right digital camera?
Cameras and photography can be rather complex, so finding the best digital cameras for your needs can take some research. There are so many models available, it is important to look out for certain features and specifications that will suit your preferences:
- Size: Cameras come in many shapes and sizes, so be sure to consider how and where you will be using it. Bigger cameras usually offer better quality images but they may be rather cumbersome and difficult to take with you on the move.
- Sensor Size: The sensor is one of the most important components of a camera, as it impacts the amount of light that is captured. So, the larger the sensor, the more light that can be taken and the better detail of the photo will be.
- Modes: Cameras come in both manual and automatic modes, and while people will find it easier using the latter, you may prefer manual modes if you want to have more control over the images you capture. This may be not essential for casual users, but if you plan on using a camera frequently and aim to develop your skill as a photographer, then the manual mode is a must.
- ISO: This important feature refers to the light sensitivity of the camera. The higher the sensor sensitivity, the better the images will look when captured in the dark without a flash. Higher is better in most cases, but you will not want to go too high as it may result in more noise (the visual distortion present in an image).
What is the best kind of digital camera?
In order to find the best camera possible, it is a good idea to know the different types available and what they have to offer.
- DLSR Camera: The best camera type in terms of performance, digital single lens reflex (DSLR) cameras are used by professional photographers throughout the world. They feature a body and a removable lens which can be changed to suit different needs. The lens of a DSLR camera offers better picture quality when compared to any other type of camera, and these can be easily upgraded to further improve the performance of the camera. DSLR cameras are great for avid photographers.
- Compact Digital Camera: Compact Point and Shoot Cameras are great cameras for beginners, as they have less complex features and settings so are much easier to pick up. They are also lightweight and compact, making them great for use on the go. The lenses are permanently attached, however, that means they tend to offer lower quality images when compared to the more powerful DSLR. You’ll also find manual controls are limited or non-existent, so tinkering with key settings is difficult or impossible.
- Camera Phone: Most of us carry a mobile phone with a camera, making this type of camera the most widely used today. Easy to carry and always available to be used, camera phones offer many benefits but do lack in quality compared to other types. However, they make a great option for anyone looking to pick up digital photography as a hobby, as it offers a fun way to practice.
Top 10 list of digital cameras (February 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their digital cameras rank and which camera is the best.
- HD 720p Video Recording at 25 fps - Intelligent IS Image Stabilization - Built-In…
- 20.0MP 1.2.3" CCD Image Sensor - DIGIC 4+ Image Processor - 42x Optical Zoom Lens…
- + SanDisk 64GB High-Speed SDXC Class 10 Memory Card + Card Reader + Memory Card Wallet…
- Is 1600 and 2.2 fps continuous shooting - optical image Stabilizer and digital is…
- 28-224Mm (35mm equivalent) - 2.7" 230K-dot LCD monitor - HD 720P video recording…
- 20.0MP 1/2.3" Ccd image sensor - DIGIC 4+ Image processor - 8x optical zoom Lens
- Simplify camera menu with Easy Mode
- Capture your videos in 720p HD Movie mode
- Reduced blur with SteadyShot Image stabilization
- 18MP APS-C CMOS sensor DIGIC 4+ Image processor 3.0" 920K-dot LCD monitor full HD…
- Digital DSLR auto power Slave flash - rs-60 remote switch for Canon - 3 piece UV…
- Transcend 32GB SDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card - Transcend 16GB SDHC Class 10 Flash…
- In the box: Battery (NP-BN), AC AdaptorAC-UB10C, Wrist Strap, Multi USB cable, Instruction…
- 5x Optical Zoom
- Focal length: f=4.6-23 mm
- Satisfaction , you'll love this video camera digital or you'll get your money ba…
- Anti-shake, face detect, smile capture, continue shot, self timer, 8x digital zoom,…
- 21 Mega pixels resolution for good capture, HD 720P resolution for recording, create…
- The bundle also includes many high quality accessories like HD filter kit, Monopod,…
- SanDisk 32GB SDHC Memory Cards, Camera Shoulder Case, Slave Flash, High Definition…
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens is a sleek and flexible option for everyday…
- Digital IS helps reduce the effect of camera shake and subject movement. Scene Modes…
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings based on predefined shooting…
- 720p HD video capabilities. Product Dimensions(W x H x D):3.75 x 2.14 x 0.87 inches/95.2…
- Hi-Speed SD USB Card Reader - LCD Screen Protectors (Clear) - Transcend 16 GB SDHC…
- This Kit Includes Canon PowerShot SX530 - Gripster Flexible Tripod Small - Camera…
- Capture stunning 1080p Full HD video with a dedicated movie button
- Includes - SanDisk Ultra 32GB SD Card / Replacement Lithium Ion Battery / Travel…
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings based on predefined shooting…
- 720p HD video capabilities
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/02/17 19:10. o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Other reviews related to cameras
Recommended Video about the best digital cameras
Further resources about digital cameras
- Snap happy | Popular Science: How to choose the best digital camera for you. (source: www.popsci.com)
- Digital camera reviews | What Digital Camera: What Digital Camera magazine, featuring digital camera reviews and digital camera best buys (source: www.whatdigitalcamera.com)
- Digital Camera Buying Guide | Consumer Reports: Get digital camera reviews from the experts at Consumer Reports to help you choose the best digital camera. (source: www.consumerreports.org)