Review10Best compares the best dog toys and nominates the one from ZippyPaws as the best dog toy. In our dog toys review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different dog toys and follow our recommendation on which dog toy to buy in 2019. With the dog toy comparison, you can be sure to buy the best dog toy on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate dog toy buying guide
- View our dog toy picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about dog toys
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
With so many great products to choose from, selecting the best dog toy for your pet can take quite some time! Of course, most dog owners will buy their furry friend a nice variety of toys to help keep them stimulated, but there are certain toys that offer different benefits. In fact, the best dog toys for your pet will likely be different from another dog, as their personality usually plays a big part in what they will like, along with the tendencies associated with their breed.
The buying guide below gives all the information you need about picking the best dog toys for your pet. So if you’re unsure of what to get be sure to read on!
What are dog toys?
Dog toys are toys that have been designed for dogs to play with. There are countless varieties of great dog toys, all of which serve different purposes, such as chew toys, tug toys, squeaky toys, and dog bones. Toys come in countless shapes, sizes, and designs, with some being designed to suit certain breeds, ages, and tendencies.
Why should you buy a good dog toy?
There are many reasons to buy your dog a selection of toys. For instance, training toys are very important for teaching younger dogs what they can chew on, while also being a relief for teething issues. Toys also encourage you and your dog to play with one another, which helps to strengthen your bond and give them plenty of exercise, such playing fetch or a game of tug. Some out of the best dog toys allow dogs to remain stimulated, too. For example, enrichment, and self-amusement toys will encourage a dog to play with itself when bored rather becoming destructive.
Plus, who doesn’t want to treat their beloved dog to some nice toys to play with? Nothing can be more fun than playing around with your dog and their toys – it’s one of the best parts of being a dog-owner!
How to choose the right dog toy?
There’s plenty to take into consideration when looking for the best dog toy for your pet, as not all dogs are going to like the same thing. Be sure to think about some of the following points when choosing dog toys for your pet:
- Breed: Different dog breeds have different tendencies, so be sure to think about this when looking for a new toy. For instance, if your dog is a breed that has chewing tendencies, like a German Shepard or Jack Russel Terrier, then obviously chew toys should be your main focus. On the other side, fetch and soft toys are great for retrieval breeds like Labrador and Golden Retrievers.
- Durability: The best dog toy is often the one that lasts the longest! Understandably, dogs love to have a good chew and pull at their toys, so you will want to look for products made from strong materials like nylon and other hard rubbers. Soft plush toys are ideal for breeds that enjoy carrying and any dogs that like a toy to sleep with, but they can still deteriorate quite quickly!
- Age: The age of your dog will help determine which dog toys are better suited for them. For example, puppies require chewing dog toys to help them deal with teething, which shouldn’t be too hard that they hurt their baby teeth. In this case, soft plastics or fabric toys are ideal. Adult dogs can use most types of toys with ease, especially hard rubber toys, but older dogs won’t have the same strength or energy they once did, thus may prefer something softer.
What is the best kind of dog toy?
There are so many dog toys to choose from, it’s little surprise that owners buy their pets so many different types! Here is a list of the best dog toys you can buy your pet:
- Chewing Dog Toys: Perfect for chewing on, these are great dog toys for virtually every breed. They help keep the dog busy while also being great for their teeth - especially useful for breeds that love to chew.
- Soft Dog Toys: Made from soft fabrics and fillings, soft dog toys are great for many dogs that like to be gentler with their toys. Ideal for breeds that love to carry or cuddle things.
- Tugging Dog Toys: These toys are usually made from rope or plastic and are fantastic for many breeds of dog. This is because they let dogs use their instinctive nature to pull and hold their pretty, while also being a great dog toy for building a bond as you take part in the fun.
- Fetch Dog Toys: You can easily find many great fetch dog toys, although you can’t go wrong with a tennis ball either! Most dogs love to chase something, so throwing a ball or a toy is always likely to do down well.
Top 10 list of dog toys (May 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their dog toys rank and which dog toy is the best.
- UNIQUE DESIGN - Beautifully-designed, high-quality pet products for the modern dog…
- JUST THE RIGHT SIZE - This fun filled plush set is 18 inches long, the perfect size…
- DURABLE TOYS - Skinny Peltz dog toys contain no stuffing to ensure they last longer…
- Includes Plastic Noisemaking Squeaker
- Plush Filled
- Officially Licensed
- REFILLABLE FUN - Need more to squeak? Keep the fun going with our 3 packs of Squeakin'…
- 4 FUN SIZES - The Hide-A-Squirrel is available in 4 fun sizes. SMALL (3 SQUIRRELS…
- 2-IN-1 PLAY - Perfect for toss and fetch, these removable squirrels work great for…
- Safety First - Benebones are not edible. Supervise closely and discard/replace when…
- Dog Welfare - We are fully committed to the welfare of dogs through product donations…
- Made in the USA - We are fully committed to Made in USA, including packaging, tooling,…
- Keeps Dog Entertained
- Toy Squeaks to keep dog entertained.
- Plush Toy for Dog
- Great for large dogs
- Burrow size: 14 x 6 x 6 in
- 3 squeaky chipmunks included
- Perfect for exercising with your dog
- Easy to clean
- Durable natural rubber
- HELPS REDUCE ANXIETY IN DOGS AND STOPS THEM FROM CHEWING ON FURNITURE & PERSONAL…
- PERFECT COMBINATION OF DOG TOYS FOR TUG, CHEWING, AND SHAKING - tough dog toys that…
- INCLUDES FREE GIRAFFE DOG FLOSS TOY - our dog toys value pack includes this giraffe…
- Keep Canines Busy & Active: Lick it (eh!). Paw it. Throw it. Fetch it. Hide it. Just…
- Durable plush toys are best training tools to teach puppies not to chew & tear apart…
- Unique brand parody makes it a fun gag gift for dog lovers & provides endless photo…
- Fun squeaker
- Super-soft bubble plush that dogs love
- Features Chew Guard Technology and double stitched seams to last longer than your…
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/05/22 13:39 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best dog toys