Review10Best compares the best DSL modems and nominates the one from MTRLC LLC as the best DSL modem. In our DSL modems review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different DSL modems and follow our recommendation on which DSL modem to buy in 2019. With the DSL modem comparison, you can be sure to buy the best DSL modem on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate DSL modem buying guide
- View our DSL modem picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about DSL modems
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best DSL modems offer faster internet speeds than those offered by your internet service provider, making them a very worthwhile investment. However, it’s not always easy to understand what to look for in a DSL modem to ensure you get a device that improves your internet.
Check the buying guide below for how to choose the best DSL modem:
What are DSL modems?
A digital subscriber line (DSL) modem is device that connects to computers and routers to DSL configured phone lines, providing access to broadband internet.
Why should you buy a good DSL modem?
A good DSL modem is a worthwhile investment for many, especially if you need to replace a broken modem. Internet service provides typically lease their modem to customers, meaning you pay a small monthly amount to use it. So, by buying the best DSL modem from a retailer, you may end up saving money and result in faster internet speeds, especially if your IPS modem is dated. You also own the modem, and most DSL modems sold by retailers are better than those from ISPs.
How to choose the right DSL modem?
Choosing the right DSL modem is often difficult, especially for those that aren’t familiar with the various technical terminology. Here are some things to consider that will make buying the best DSL modem much easier:
- Compatibility: It’s important to choose a DSL modem that is compatible with your DSL broadband service. The current connections available for these modems include asymmetrical digital subscriber line (ADSL), symmetrical digital subscriber line (SDSL), high data rate (HDSL) and very high data rate (VDSL), so be sure to contact your internet service provider to confirm the type of DSL modem is compatible with your internet.
- Connectivity: You need a DSL modem that connects to the appropriate devices, so for example if want to connect to several devices at once you will require a DSL modem either an Ethernet out connection that can connect to a router, or an easier option is to go for a modem with a built-in router.
- Speed: The speed of a DSL is important if you require a fast, reliable internet connection at all times. While it may not be essential for casual web browsing and using word documents, it’s essential to get a DSL modem with fast speed settings if you play video games, stream movies, or download. The top downstream speed of a DSL modem is typically around 15Mbps, with the upstream speed clocking a maximum of 1Mbps.
What is the best kind of DSL modem?
There are several options available when it comes to a DSL modem, which must be compatible with the DSL technology used with your broadband. This includes:
- ADSL Modem: Asymmetrical digital subscriber line (ADSL) modems support ADSL internet connections which is the most common type of digital subscriber line technology, being found in most homes. ADSL has downstream rates as high as 8Mbps with an upstream rate of around 1.5Mbps.
- VDSL Modem: Very high rate digital subscriber line (VDSL) modems connect to VDSL internet, which is the quickest form of digital subscriber line. Downstream rates top around 53Mbps and upstream rates hit 2.3Mbps.
- Modem Router Combo: When connecting a DSL modem to several devices using a single internet connection, you require a router to direct the various lines using the connection. An easy way to do this is to buy a DSL modem router combo, which has a router built into the DSL modem for easy connection across a sinlge network.
Top 10 list of DSL modems (June 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their DSL modems rank and which DSL modem is the best.
- The MD1600 is supported from the USA by expert, friendly customer support specialists…
- Clean and easy. This DSL modem/router combo saves space, reduces wires and power…
- Built-in router includes four Gigabit Ethernet ports, AC1600 wireless, a firewall,…
- With the latest 802.11n technology your newer devices will achieve wireless N speeds.Backwards…
- Three products in one: full-rate ADSL 2/2+ modem, 4-port switch, and 300 Mbps wireless-N…
- Preconfigured for simple setup and will auto-detect your specific service settings.…
- Safety Certification: CSA International; CE; RoHs Compliant
- Firewall protection & Qos
- Get high-speed ADSL speed
- NETGEAR genie App - easily manage, monitor, and control your home network from PC,…
- Fast VDSL/ADSL modem for High-speed DSL connections. Refer user manual below. Maintain…
- Extreme Wi-Fi speeds - up to 1600 Mbps
- Built-in VDSL, compatible with ADSL connections - Compatible with VDSL, VDSL2, ADSL,…
- ** VERY IMPORTANT ** Please Note: Kindly refer the Instructional Video, the User…
- Not compatible with Verizon FiOS, AT&T U-Verse or bonded VDSL
- UMEC UP0251M-12PA AC Adapter
- CenturyLink Router
- CenturyLink XYTEL 802.11n and 802.11ac Wi-Fi- Router
- Through ZyXEL's implementation of dual Ethernet firewalls (NAT and SPI), the PK5001Z…
- Wired Transfer Rate: 10/100/1000Mbps --- Wireless Transfer Rate: 300Mbps
- As part of its wireless security design, the PK5001Z supports WPA2/WPA/WEP and features…
- Note: Kindly refere user manaul provided for set--up and troubleshooting
- Smart parental controls let you filter content, manage screen time, and monitor usage…
- Fast access to USB HDD with USB 3.0 port
- 6KV Lightning Protection avoids the damage from thunderstorms
- Built-in firewall protects against Internet attacks
- One Phone line port and one 10/100M Ethernet port
- MODEM TECHNOLOGY: Engineered with 16x4 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0.
- ETHERNET CONNECTIONS: 1 Gigabit Ethernet port connects to your computer or separate…
- WORKS WITH ANY WiFi ROUTER: Connect any WiFi router to this modem's ethernet port…
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/06/19 14:37 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best DSL modems