Review10Best compares the best elliptical machines and nominates the one from Exerpeutic as the best elliptical machine. In our elliptical machines review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different elliptical machines and follow our recommendation on which elliptical machine to buy in 2018. With the elliptical machine comparison, you can be sure to buy the best elliptical machine on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate elliptical machine buying guide
- View our elliptical machine picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about elliptical machines
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Exercising from home is often preferable than hitting the gym for many people, with one of the best options being an elliptical machine. While many assume the treadmill is ideal for cardio workouts from home, it’s often quite difficult on the joints, making the less strenuous elliptical machine a great alternative.
However, buying the best elliptical machine isn’t always easy, espiecally if you are unfamiliar with how the machine works and what to look out for when buying one. Check out the buying guide below for how to choose a great elliptical machine for home workouts.
What are elliptical machines?
An elliptical machine, also known as a cross trainer, is an exercise machine that mimics the motion of climbing starts, walking, and running. It does so without causing pressure on the joints, making it a very low-impact machine that’s easy enough to use.
Why should you buy a good elliptical machine?
If you struggle with joint pain but still want to exercise from home, then buying a good elliptical machine is worth consideration. Because of its low impact design, an elliptical machine greatly reduces the chances of impact injuries on the joints, making it a fine choice for people with knew issues or other injuries to the lower body. It also offers an efficient full body workout which is suitable for losing weight and keeping in great shape.
How to choose the right elliptical machine?
Many people struggle to choose a good elliptical machine as it’s sometimes difficult to know what to look for. Here are some things to consider that can help you find a suitable machine:
- Size: Elliptical machines variety in size, and it’s important to find a machine that fits in your home, so be sure to consider this before you buy. Average size machines are about 6ft long and 2 ½ ft wide, although the size increases when using the machine as the pedals tend to extend. Be mindful that an elliptical elevates from the ground in case you have low ceilings.
- Comfort: Any exercise machine should be comfortable to use for extended durations, otherwise you’ll struggle to use it consistently. The design of an elliptical does restrain movement somewhat, so it’s important to find a machine with comfortable handles that are within reach, while the pedals should be quite close for comfortable movements.
- Resistance: All elliptical machines have varying levels of resistance, so be sure to choose one that is appropriate for your fitness level. However, remember that your goal is to improve fitness, so having more choice of resistance is often a good idea. At the same time, you want a basic resistant level that isn’t too difficult, as we all need to start somewhere!
- Programs: Most modern exercise machines feature pre-programmed workouts, so it may be worth getting this with an elliptical. This means you have more choices of exercise routines for more workout variety, although some programs aren’t essential, espiecally if you want to start out with the basics.
What is the best kind of elliptical machine?
There are various types of elliptical machines available, any of which may be suitable for your needs.
- Elliptical Trainer: The standard type of elliptical machine and one of the more basic types, it works the lower body only using foot pedals. The handles remain stationary while you work the pedals in an elliptical motion, working various muscles in the lower body.
- Elliptical Cross Trainer: This elliptical machine works both the upper and lower body at the same time. The elliptical pedals work the lower body like an elliptical trainer, while the cross-trainer exercises the upper body, forcing you to push and pull the handles as you work the pedals.
Top 10 list of elliptical machines (August 2018)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their elliptical machines rank and which elliptical machine is the best.
- QUIETNESS: The precision balanced flywheel and V- belt drive provide a smooth and…
- TARGET ZONE MONITOR: Pulse pads on the additional stationary handle bars provide…
- COMPUTER: An easy to read large window LCD display that indicates distance, calories…
- Weight capacity: 220 pounds
- Hand pulse monitoring system provides heart rate readouts
- Smooth magnetic resistance with micro-tension controller
- Footprint: 24 x 17.5 (inches)
- Sturdy steel construction, non-slip pedals
- Electronic fitness monitor displays number of strides per minute, total number of…
- AEROBIC TRAINING: Aerobic exercise increases cardio respiratory fitness, which is…
- SPACE SAVING: Fold the product and pedals up to 1/2 the length (15L x 19w x 61.5…
- FULL BODY WORKOUT: The air walker targets muscles in your arms as well as your legs.…
- TENSION RESISTANCE: An 8 level Magnetic Tension control system, allows the user to…
- COMPACT DESIGN: Folds for storage and can moved with the included transportation…
- Please tighten the Screws/Bolts to avoid noise during pedaling;Fitness Goal:Increase…
- LCD display indicates distance, calories burned, elapsed time, and speed; one year…
- Easy dial tension adjustment for more or less of a challenge
- Dual-action workout arms provide an upper body workout
- Maximum Weight : 250 lbs
- Seat adjusts vertically and horizontally for optimum exercise and riding form
- Electronic console tracks your time, speed, distance, and calories burned
- PLEASE NOTE: PROFORM IS THE ONLY MANUFACTURER AND AMAZON IS THE ONLY AUTHORIZED SELLER…
- 250 lb. Weight capacity, 90-Day parts & Labor Warranty
- Integrated tablet/Smartphone holder, audio auxiliary port (w/dual 2 inch speakers),…
- LCD MONITORING TECHNOLOGY: Easily monitor fitness at your fingertips, with built-in…
- ADJUSTABLE RESISTANCE & COMFORT LEVELS: An adjustable tension knob allows for variable…
- STURDY CONSTRUCTION: Tubular steel construction and a wide base provide secure stability…
- The ProForm Cardio Trainer is protected with a lifetime frame warranty, 3-year parts…
- Water bottle holder, transport wheels, leveling feet, 350 lb. Weight capacity
- Multi-function handlebars, cool air workout fan, Inertia-Enhanced flywheel, oversized…
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2018/08/11 13:43. o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best elliptical machines