Review10Best compares the best energy drinks and nominates the one from Celsius as the best energy drink. In our energy drinks review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different energy drinks and follow our recommendation on which energy drink to buy in 2018. With the energy drink comparison, you can be sure to buy the best energy drink on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate energy drink buying guide
- View our energy drink picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about energy drinks
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Energy drinks have become massively popular in recent years, offering consumers the chance to increase their energy levels to get them through the day. With so many different beverages to choose from, finding the best energy drink isn’t the easiest, especially if you’ve never tried one before.
Looking for the best energy drink but don’t know what’s worth buying? Check out the handy guide below for all the info you need:
What are energy drinks?
An energy drink is a beverage that contains a variety of natural stimulants, namely caffeine, that offer mental and physical stimulation. Available as carbonated and non-carbonated beverages, energy drinks come in countless flavours and feature a wide range of ingredients that can help provide you with energy.
Why should you buy a good energy drink?
Energy drinks can help boost your energy levels by providing high caffeine and sugar content. This makes them handy for people that are feeling tired from a lack of sleep, as the energy provided can make it easier to focus on things. While their high caffeine can be dangerous when drunk in high amounts, the best energy drinks offer a refreshing beverage that makes you feel more alert and less tired.
How to choose the right energy drink?
Choosing the best energy drink tends to boil down to person preferences. Like soft drinks, there are many types of energy drinks to choose from, so it’s often a case of finding something that tastes nice. Here are some things to consider when looking to buy an energy drink:
- Taste: An obvious factor to consider, make sure the drink you buy has an appealing taste to it, and avoid anything if you’re unsure of how it will taste. Most energy drinks come with distinct flavours, so it should be easy enough to find a flavour you are familiar with.
- Caffeine Content: The more caffeine in an energy drink, the more energy it provides. However, be mindful that drinking too much caffeine can have negative effects on the mind and body, so always make sure you never exceed the daily recommendation of 400mg from energy drinks.
- Sugar: Energy drinks feature high sugar content too, so you may want to look for sugar-free options if you are mindful of consuming too much sugar. This can also be bad for your health, so it’s always worth checking how much sugar content is in an energy drink before you buy it.
What is the best kind of energy drink?
There are countless energy drinks to choose from, although they tend to be one of the following types:
- Carbonated Energy Drinks: The most recognisable energy drinks, they come in many flavours and use an abundance of ingredients, although all feature high caffeine and sugar content (unless they are sugar free.) Tend to be sold in cans of varying sizes, although many are sold in bottles too.
- Energy Shots: A much more concentrated type of energy drink, they feature less volume but the same caffeine as larger cans or bottles. They are intended to be drunk in a single shot to gain a quick and powerful energy boost.
- Relaxation Drinks: An emerging product that does the opposite of a traditional energy drink, they are designed to make it easier to relax, featuring calming ingredients along with a range of active ingredients.
Top 10 list of energy drinks (July 2018)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their energy drinks rank and which energy drink is the best.
- Sparkling Orange, 12 oz. Slim Can
- No Artificial Flavors or Colors
- Zero Sugars, Zero Preservatives
- Gluten Free. Contains 100 mg of caffeine from natural sources. Limit 3 tubes per…
- Great for Traveling & On-The-Go
- Low Carb and ZERO Sugar with 4-6 hours of Energy
- As seen on MTV
- Imported from the UK
- 250ml cans x 4 total 1 litre
- INCLUDES: 3 - COTTON CANDY * 3 - SOUR HEADS * 3 - STAR BLAST * 3 - BLACK CHERRY…
- Life is an Xtreme Sport and BANG is the Xtreme Energy source to Live Life Xtreme…
- Make no Mistake - BANG is not your stereotypical high sugar, life-sucking soda masquerading…
- Official Energy Drink of the International Champions Cup (2017, 2018)
- XYIENCE Frostberry Blast: A bold, deliciously smooth berry flavor with a crisp kick…
- Nutrition: Fortified with vitamin B-3, B-5, B-6, B-12, Guarana and Ginseng, which…
- Note: Consume responsibly. Not recommend for children, people sensitive to caffeine,…
- Same powerful punch as Monster Energy in a slightly smaller package
- 160 Calories per 12 oz. serving
- No sugar added, no artificial colors or flavors…
- 80 mg. of caffeine from natural green tea - drink in place of your morning coffee…
- Explosive energy blend with powerful clinically studied ingredients designed to take…
- Mouth-Watering Flavors: Tropical Blast, Twisted Limeade, Strawberry Watermelon Ice…
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: All Cellucor sales by Amazon and Nutrabolt are backed…
- Monster packs a powerful punch but has a smooth easy drinking flavor
- Full load of our Monster energy blend
- 100 Calories per 8 oz. serving
- Fully refreshing orange flavor
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2018/07/17 09:45 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best energy drinks