Review10Best compares the best fryers and nominates the one from Hamilton Beach as the best fryer. In our fryers review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different fryers and follow our recommendation on which fryer to buy in 2018. With the fryer comparison, you can be sure to buy the best fryer on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate fryer buying guide
- View our fryer picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to fryers
- Watch recommended videos about fryers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
A good deep fryer is needed for quality fried foods. While it’s possible to use pots or pans to shallow fry foods, the results aren’t always as consistent as a deep fryer, which is also far easier to clean. If you love homemade fries, fried chicken, and other fried foods, then a quality deep fryer is always worth buying.
Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best deep fryer for your kitchen:
What are fryers?
A deep fryer is a kitchen appliance that allows you to deep fry various foods. While designs vary from product to product, all deep fryers use the same principle of submerging food in hot fat (usually cooking oil) to deep fry the food.
The best deep fryers come with various features to make cooking easier, such as alarms, automatic control of the basket, measuring devices for the right amount of oil, and ventilations to prevent bad odours.
Why should you buy a good fryer?
A good deep fryer is a must for frying foods at home. While you can shallow fry using a pan and oil, they don’t produce the same results as a dedicated deep fryer, which is far more consistent at deep frying foods.
There are many delicious foods that can be made with a deep fryer at home, including fries, fried chicken, breaded fish, onion rings, chicken wings, etc. So, if you love fried foods you’ll want to buy a quality deep fryer to use at home.
How to choose the right fryer?
Choosing the best deep fryer isn’t always easy, especially if you are unsure of what to look for. Here are some things to consider that can help you choose the best deep fryer:
- Capacity: You’ll need a suitable capacity for your deep fryer, so be sure to think about how much fried food you intend to make at any given time. Smaller capacities are fine for individuals cooking, but if cooking for a family you may require a larger capacity, otherwise you may have to use it several times to get enough servings made.
- Power: The more power a deep fryer has the quicker it heats oil to the right temperature, making it that bit more convenient. Also, a more powerful deep fryer cooks food quicker as it almost instantly reheats the oil after the food is added. When the frying process occurs quicker, you get a much crispier coating and the retains more moisture inside, so it’s always worth getting a powerful fryer - check the wattage rating to see how powerful the fryer is.
- Variable Temperature Setting: Most fried foods cook perfectly, but there are instances where different cooking temperatures are required. So, buying a deep fryer with a variable temperature setting allows you to cook more types of food, making it a worthwhile feature to look out for.
- Safety Features: There is no denying that a deep fryer is potentially dangerous, as it’s heating oil to very high temperatures, meaning it may cause severe burns or even a fire if used improperly. Therefore, you may to buy a deep fryer with safety features such as insulated walls, a lockable lid, and a viewing window for risk-free monitoring of the food.
What is the best kind of fryer?
There are a few options when it comes to types of deep fryer, any of which may be a good choice for your kitchen.
- Electric Fryer: The most common and affordable type of fryer, electric deep dryers are easy to use and get great. They come in both smaller and larger sizes, making them a great all-round deep fryer for most people.
- Air Fryer: A more recent invention, air fryers reduce the amount of oil used for frying, replacing it with hot air to cook the food. This makes it a much healthier deep fryer, but the results aren’t to everyone’s taste, with the slight crispiness not being too comparable to deep fried foods.
Top 10 list of fryers (October 2018)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their fryers rank and which fryer is the best.
- Note: Kndly refer pages 11 - 13 in user manual for trouble shooting tips
- Adjustable temperature with ready light
- Immersed heating element for fast cooking
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
- Makes crispy french fries, shrimp, chicken, onion rings and more
- Handy scoop lifts, drains, and serves; No messy basket; Compact size for easy st…
- Automatic Timer Adjustable Up To 60 Min To Shut Down Heating Element. Ready Ligh…
- Adjustable Heat Control (250A Degree-375A DegreeF), Odor-Filter And See-Thru Window…
- 4-Liter Removable Oil Tank For Easy Clean-Ups, Extra Set Of Odor Filters
- Patented EZ Clean oil-filtration system for convenient deep frying, cost savings,…
- Profesionnal and heathier results thanks to the immersed heating element that quickly…
- Easy to use with 2-position basket for cooking and draining food
- Hinged lid with integrated filter helps reduce oil splatter
- Large viewing window in lid lets you easily monitor your food while frying
- Includes fry basket with handle to easily lower, lift and drain foods
- Versatile basket for steaming, blanching, and deep frying; Basket snaps onto rim…
- Control Master heat control regulates the desired cooking temperature automatica…
- Tempered glass cover; Fully immersible and dishwasher safe with the heat control…
- Easy to assemble, use & clean. NOTE: Refer user manual before use
- Adjustable temperature,Dishwasher safe
- Adjustable timer with audible tone
- REMOVABLE PARTS FOR EASY CLEANING. Lid, heating element and enamel-coated oil tank…
- FAST HEAT-UP & EASY FRYING. An immersed heating element makes oil heat faster than…
- LESS MESS. Avoid hot splatters with the lid while still monitoring cooking through…
- Measures 38-1/2 by 14-1/2 by 11-1/2 inches with stand
- The heat from the propane flows through the rear tube of the fryer, rolling the oil…
- Features a V-bottom design that keeps the base oil temperature cooler than the top…
- Limited 3-year warranty
- Brushed stainless steel housing
- Nonstick die-cast bowl with attached heating element for superior heating, 1000…
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2018/10/19 09:55 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Other reviews related to fryers
Recommended Video about the best fryers