Review10Best compares the best grills and nominates the one from Blackstone as the best grill. In our grills review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different grills and follow our recommendation on which grill to buy in 2019. With the grill comparison, you can be sure to buy the best grill on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate grill buying guide
- View our grill picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to grills
- Watch recommended videos about grills
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Nothing quite compares to the taste of grilled food, making a grill a very worthwhile investment if you love the unique flavors achieved through this style of cooking. If you are looking for the best grill possible to achieve that amazing finish to meat and vegetables, there’s a lot to think about before making that final decision!
What are grills?
A grill is a cooking appliance that consists of a metal frame that is placed above a heat source, such as gas or charcoal. They come in many shapes and sizes and can be fuelled by various means, but the main concept is to provide a direct source of heat that allows you to grill the food, providing it with a distinct smell and taste.
Why should you buy a good grill?
The best grills for your needs will provide a fantastic cooking experience. If you live somewhere with a warm climate for most of the year, then a grill is even better as you will have the opportunity to use it frequently. However, even if you were to use it sparingly, a grill still provides a great way to cook your food, and the distinct taste and aroma of grilled food are certainly enough to whet most appetites! There are few people around that don’t love a great barbecue, so a grill is a fantastic investment for most people!
How to choose the right grill?
To ensure you find the best grill for you, be sure to consider some of the following:
- Fuel: The best grill fuel is all down to personal preference. Some believe that nothing beats gas grills, which use either propane or other natural gases as a fuel source, as they are quick to heat and very easy to use while requiring little in the way of maintenance. The other option is a charcoal grill. This is a more affordable option and is very simple to use, not to mention providing that unique barbeque taste, but you will need to use a new set of coals each time you use it and thus it is a bit slower to heat.
- Size: With plenty of size options available, finding the best size of the grill for your outdoor space will depend on a few things. For instance, how many people will you be cooking for and how regularly? A large grill is great for people hosting regular barbeques, but won’t be necessary for making few for a few people. Also, think about your space outside, gas grills can take up a lot of room!
- Features: A grill can be as basic as you want or come with a host of great features, it is all down to what you need from it. For example, a charcoal grill can have nothing but a few levels for cooking, while a gas grill may sport cool features such as a smoker box, rotisserie, or side burner. Remember though, some features will rarely get used, so be sure to invest in a grill with features that you know you will get plenty of use out of.
What is the best kind of grill?
There are three very popular types of grills that are widely available today. Each offers their own benefits, so be sure to take this into account when looking for the best grill for your needs:
- Charcoal Grills: Charcoal grills are easy to use and inexpensive, making them a fantastic option for most people looking for a simple grill. All the need is charcoal briquettes for fuel, which happens to provide that very distinct smoky taste and flavor grills are known for. However, there are some aspects of a charcoal grill that some may find unappealing. For example, there is no way to control the heat level and they can take some time to heat up when compared to a gas grill. They also leave quite a mess. So in terms of maintenance, it may not be the best grill out there.
- Gas Grills: Gas grills are powered by a gas supply, usually either propane or a natural gas, making them much quicker to heat. You can also control various heat levels by adjusting the temperature control knobs accordingly, allowing you to heat, sear and warm.
- Smoker Grills: For those that love that smoky barbecue flavor in their food, a smoker grill is a must. Available as both gas or charcoal grills, smoker grill allows you to slow cook foods at reduced temperatures while adding charcoal or wood pellets to produce a wonderfully smoky taste.
Top 10 list of grills (February 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their grills rank and which grill is the best.
- TRANSPORT WITH EASE - Easily wheel around your yard or transport from your backyard…
- CONTROLLABLE HEAT ZONES - Four independently controlled 15, 000 BTU stainless Steel…
- DURABILITY AND LONGEVITY - This Blackstone grill is built to last with a powder coated…
- Drip tray dishwasher safe. 118 square inch nonstick grilling surface fits up to 8…
- Lift handle to keep your fingers from burning
- Feeds 4-6 servings. Dimensions (inches): 6.81 H x 16.73 W x 12.4 D
- QUALITY CONSTRUSTION & SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Steel construction of portable charcoal…
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE&PERFECT GRILLING: This portable charcoal barbecue grill is easy…
- EASY TO USE&CLEAN: The inside lid hanger hook under the lid could be hung on one…
- Please refer to the Product Video and the User Manual before use.
- Adjustable temperature controls with indicator lights; gourmet recipes and scraping…
- Removable and reversible 11" x 9" dishwasher-safe nonstick cooking plates drain grease…
- Dimensions Lid Open - 57 H x 52 W x 26 D Inches. Dimensions - Lid Closed - 44.5 H…
- Open cart design with six tool hooks and two large wheels
- 30, 000 BTU-per-hour input main burners with fuel gauge
- Fat-Removing Slope - It's the sure sign of a George Foreman Grill. The sloped grilling…
- Advanced George Tough Nonstick Coating - There's a lot to love about this nonstick…
- 35% Faster Heatup - Less time heating, more time eating! The improved heating elements…
- Assembled dimensions: 64"L x 28"W x 49.75"H
- 12,000 BTU stainless steel side burner with cover
- 3 stainless steel tube burners offering a total of 24,000 BTUs
- Collapsible design is easy to transport and fits into most car trunks
- Instastart button ignites grill without the need for a match or lighter
- Swaptop interchangeable cooktops allow you to switch grill grates out for griddle…
- Dampers allow you to easily control the temperature inside your grill
- Use the lid hook to avoid placing the lid on the ground while grilling
- Porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retain heat, and won't rust or peel
- 10 year, 100 Percent Weber Guarantee
- Open cart design with six tool hooks and two large wheels
- 26, 500 BTU-per-hour input main burners with fuel gauge
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/02/19 21:37 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Other reviews related to grills
Recommended Video about the best grills