Review10Best compares the best guitars and nominates the one from Fender Musical Instruments Corp. as the best guitar. In our guitars review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different guitars and follow our recommendation on which guitar to buy in 2019. With the guitar comparison, you can be sure to buy the best guitar on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate guitar buying guide
- View our guitar picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to guitars
- Watch recommended videos about guitars
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
As one of the most versatile instruments ever made, it’s hard to determine what exactly is regarded as the best guitar. There are so many different makes and models of guitars that the best type is often down to the individual. For example, the best guitars for beginners will likely be different from good guitars for an experienced musicians. Thus, choosing the right guitar requires a lot thought.
What are guitars?
The guitar is a stringed instrument that can play a wide range of musical styles. Instantly recognizable, the guitar is one of the most played instruments available today, it is played by strumming or picking the guitar strings, thus producing different sounds depending on what note is played on the fretboard.
Why should you buy a good guitar?
Playing the guitar is a very enjoyable experience, whether playing individually or with other people. For many people producing music is one of life’s greatest pleasures. There are a lot of benefits to be gained from learning an instrument, including lowered stress, mental stimulation, and even positive health effects for your heart. Of course, the most obvious reason to buy the a guitar is to enjoy the simple pleasure of playing and creating music.
How to choose the right guitar?
The best guitar for one player isn’t going to be the right choice for the next player. Knowing what to look for in a guitar makes finding a suitable choice much easier. Further, you can use our advices any time you plan on buying a newer, better guitar down the line:
- Price: The best guitars, in terms of technical performance, are always going to quite expensive, but that doesn’t mean a more affordable option is the best choice for you. Beginners should always avoid spending too much on their first guitar just in case you don’t stick with it. Most guitars come in tiered price ranges, so entry-level models are great for people still learning as they sound great but don’t cost too much.
- Body Type: The body of a guitar refers to its overall shape, so it’s important to find one that is comfortable to play. For instance, acoustic guitars can have varying body depths, with some preferring shallow depths rather than thicker guitars. A good guitar shape is important as comfort level is one of the most influential things when learning and playing.
- Guitar Type: It’s a rather obvious thing to consider, but you want to decide whether the best guitar for you is an acoustic or an electric guitar. Both are played the same way and you can find both in similar price ranges. So it may be more down to the style of music you prefer and as well as what you find easier to play. Remember: All basic guitar techniques are teachable on any type of the guitar, so don’t believe the misconception that beginners should only buy acoustic guitars.
- Maintenance: Seasoned guitar players enjoy maintaining their instrument, but beginners probably won’t think the same. A guitar must be regularly tuned and restrung, so make sure you buy a model that isn’t too difficult to maintain as more specialized guitar models require a lot of work to care for.
What is the best kind of guitar?
Before choosing a guitar, check out the different types of guitars to see which one might be the better choice for you:
- Acoustic Guitar: There are actually many subcategories of acoustic guitars, including classical, archtop, steel-string and folk. Most beginners find a classical guitar as the best guitar to start with, although this may change depending on the main styles of music being played.
- Electric Guitar: Electric guitars feature pickups the convert vibrations from plucking into electrical signals, which are then played through a guitar amp or classic speaker. Because of this, electric guitar outputs can be easily adjusted using electronic devices to produce different sounds and effects. This is the best guitar for playing jazz, rock and roll, blues, and R&B.
Top 10 list of guitars (February 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their guitars rank and which guitar is the best.
- Laminated spruce top
- Rosewood bridge with compensated synthetic bone saddle
- 20-fret rosewood fingerboard with dot inlays
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 38"(L) x 3.25"(W) x 14"(H)
- CARRYING CASE INCLUDED: Take your show on the road, as this guitar comes with a nylon…
- HIGH-QUALITY SOUND: The classical guitar body and user-friendly fretboard help to…
- The clip-on digital tuner features an LCD readout and a built-in microphone with…
- Everything you need to learn guitar in one package
- Gig Bag with strap handle for carrying, Digital Tuner with digital read out for easy…
- Rosewood Fretboard
- Chrome covered Tuning Machines
- Satin Finish
- Full Scale Guitar with ThinLine Body. Please refer the User Manual before use.
- High Gloss Red Burst Finish
- Diecast Tuners and Built In EQ
- READY TO USE: Comes assembled so you can start playing right away; OVERALL DIMENSIONS:…
- EXTRA ACCESSORIES: Includes guitar picks, a guitar strap, and replacement guitar…
- PADDED BAG & CLOTH: Comes with a foam-padded carrying bag to protect your guitar,…
- Guitar Dimensions: 39.5"(L) x 10.5"(W) x 2"(H)
- Set has integrated regulator volume x1, tone x2, 5 scale tone-changer amp, and single…
- Amp includes guitar and microphone outlet, volume control, treble and base control,…
- Full-bodied dreadnought tone
- Slim, easy-to-play neck
- Scalloped "X"-bracing, mahogany neck and a durable dark-stained maple fingerboar…
- Two free months of Take Lessons Live; access to over 200 live, online group classes…
- Ready to use right out of the box, everything you need to start playing is already…
- The ultimate Starter kit for a budding musician, this right-handed Guitar comes complete…
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/02/23 17:02 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Other reviews related to guitars
Recommended Video about the best guitars