Review10Best compares the best hair dryers and nominates the one by Remington as the best hair dryer. In our hair dryers review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different hair dryers and follow our recommendation on which hair dryer to buy in 2020. With the hair dryer comparison, you can be sure to buy the best hair dryer on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate hair dryer buying guide
- View our hair dryer picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about hair dryers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
A hair dryer is a fantastic device for drying and styling hair of every variety. With no shortage of options, finding the best hair dryer can take a bit of research, as it’s not always a case of buying the cheapest model available. In fact, with such competitive pricing, it’s certainly possible to find a great hair dryer for virtually every budget! Check out this helpful guide for finding the best hair dryers money can buy!
What are hair dryers?
A hair dryer is an electric device that dries hair by blowing air over it in order to evaporate the water. Most personal hair dryers are handheld devices that come with a number of settings, allowing control over how hot and powerful the air blows, while others carry additional features and add-ons to help style hair.
Why should you buy a good hair dryer?
As the best hair dryers on the market aren’t that expensive, they’re well worth investing in given the benefits they offer. For example, if you are in a rush and don’t have time to let your hair dry naturally, then a hair dryer is needed to speed the drying process.
Moreover, a hair dryer provides a significant amount of control over your hair. When drying naturally, it’s hard to style your hair into a desired shape or look, but when using a hair dryer, you can create a variety of hairstyles as needed.
How to choose the right hair dryer?
It is important to get the best hair dryer possible within your budget, as buying a cheap product will only make your hair harder to style, while also being more likely to break. Knowing what to look for should make finding the best hair dryer much easier, so here are a few things to consider:
- Power: A hair dryer’s power is measured in wattage, and a good rule of thumb is to get as much power as possible within your price range. Higher wattages work better on thicker hair, with professional hair dryers using upwards of 3000W, while a wattage of around 1800 is suitable for thinner hair.
- Settings: The more power settings, the more control over styling the hair, so be sure to consider this if you want to create certain looks with your dryer. A great hair dryer should come with several heat and power settings to allow complete control over drying and styling.
- Accessories: Not everyone using a hair dryer requires additional accessories, although they can certainly be useful for many. For example, nozzle attachments create less frizz when drying, while diffusers are good for producing a curlier hairstyle.
What is the best kind of hair dryer?
With many great hair dryers to choose from, it’s a good idea to know what types are best suited for certain kinds of hair, as it will allow you to get the most out of your hair dryer.
- Ceramic Hair Dryer: The best hair dryer for even heat distribution, they also don’t overheat as quickly as plastic models do, making them a fine choice for most people.
- Ionic Hair Dryer: Harnessing similar technology as hair straighteners, ionic hair dryers are fantastic for reducing frizz and providing added shine to hair. They’re also much quicker at drying in general, but often cost more as a result.
- Tourmaline Hair Dryer: Similar to ionic types, tourmaline hair dryers minimises frizz while also trapping moisture to leave hair looking and feeling healthier over time. They feature a coating of a semi-precious mineral inside which does increase the cost, but in terms of overall quality, it’s one of the best hair dryers available.
Top 10 list of hair dryers (April 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their hair dryers rank and which hair dryer is the best.
- Power: 60 Hertz; 125 VAC
- Ceramic + Ionic + Tourmaline Grill for Faster Drying with Less Frizz
- 1875 Watt for Fast Drying Power
- Available in 3 Colors
- Cool Shot Button help to set the look for a gorgeous, long lasting results
- 2 heat/speed settings for drying and styling flexibility and control
- 4-year limited warranty
- The REVLON One Step Unit is designed for 120 Volt USA outlets ONLY. Do NOT use a…
- Safety First: The Revlon One Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer meets U.S. safety requirements…
- Concentrator and Diffuser Attachments Included
- BONUS 3 Hair Sectioning Clips Included
- 2 Heat / 2 Speed Settings and Cool Shot Button for maximum control
- Includes concentrator for focused airflow and straight styles
- 5-foot power cord
- Cool shot button locks style in place
- YOU DEFINITELY DESERVE IT - We believe that you will fall in love with the TREZORO…
- ORIGINATING FROM THE BEST DESIGN - Premium soft-touch body; comfortable non-slip…
- FEEL CHARMING AND CONFIDENT ALL DAY - 3 heat settings and 2 speeds, equipped with…
- 2 attachments included (Diffuser/Concentrator) meets your varied needs of hairst…
- High quality matte material and ergonomic design make it more comfortable to hold,…
- 2 speed (HIGH/LOW) and 3 heat (HOT/COOL/WARM) settings plus cool shot button for…
- Easy Cleaning Removable Filter: The JINRI premium hair dryer comes with filter that…
- 2 Concentrator & Diffuser Included: Concentrator is ideal for precision styling…
- Save on Drying Time: Professional 1875W DC motor delivering strong consistent airflow…
- Includes: Diffuser for textured styles - and - Concentrator for smooth styles ; 6-foot…
- True Cold Shot Button locks in curls, waves, and style
- 3 Heat / 2 speed settings for custom heat and air flow
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/03/28 04:15. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best hair dryers