Review10Best compares the best hair dryers and nominates the one from Revlon as the best hair dryer. In our hair dryers review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different hair dryers and follow our recommendation on which hair dryer to buy in 2019. With the hair dryer comparison, you can be sure to buy the best hair dryer on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate hair dryer buying guide
- View our hair dryer picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about hair dryers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
A hair dryer is a fantastic device for drying and styling hair of every variety. With no shortage of options, finding the best hair dryer can take a bit of research, as it’s not always a case of buying the cheapest model available. In fact, with such competitive pricing, it’s certainly possible to find a great hair dryer for virtually every budget! Check out this helpful guide for finding the best hair dryers money can buy!
What are hair dryers?
A hair dryer is an electric device that dries hair by blowing air over it in order to evaporate the water. Most personal hair dryers are handheld devices that come with a number of settings, allowing control over how hot and powerful the air blows, while others carry additional features and add-ons to help style hair.
Why should you buy a good hair dryer?
As the best hair dryers on the market aren’t that expensive, they’re well worth investing in given the benefits they offer. For example, if you are in a rush and don’t have time to let your hair dry naturally, then a hair dryer is needed to speed the drying process.
Moreover, a hair dryer provides a significant amount of control over your hair. When drying naturally, it’s hard to style your hair into a desired shape or look, but when using a hair dryer, you can create a variety of hairstyles as needed.
How to choose the right hair dryer?
It is important to get the best hair dryer possible within your budget, as buying a cheap product will only make your hair harder to style, while also being more likely to break. Knowing what to look for should make finding the best hair dryer much easier, so here are a few things to consider:
- Power: A hair dryer’s power is measured in wattage, and a good rule of thumb is to get as much power as possible within your price range. Higher wattages work better on thicker hair, with professional hair dryers using upwards of 3000W, while a wattage of around 1800 is suitable for thinner hair.
- Settings: The more power settings, the more control over styling the hair, so be sure to consider this if you want to create certain looks with your dryer. A great hair dryer should come with several heat and power settings to allow complete control over drying and styling.
- Accessories: Not everyone using a hair dryer requires additional accessories, although they can certainly be useful for many. For example, nozzle attachments create less frizz when drying, while diffusers are good for producing a curlier hairstyle.
What is the best kind of hair dryer?
With many great hair dryers to choose from, it’s a good idea to know what types are best suited for certain kinds of hair, as it will allow you to get the most out of your hair dryer.
- Ceramic Hair Dryer: The best hair dryer for even heat distribution, they also don’t overheat as quickly as plastic models do, making them a fine choice for most people.
- Ionic Hair Dryer: Harnessing similar technology as hair straighteners, ionic hair dryers are fantastic for reducing frizz and providing added shine to hair. They’re also much quicker at drying in general, but often cost more as a result.
- Tourmaline Hair Dryer: Similar to ionic types, tourmaline hair dryers minimises frizz while also trapping moisture to leave hair looking and feeling healthier over time. They feature a coating of a semi-precious mineral inside which does increase the cost, but in terms of overall quality, it’s one of the best hair dryers available.
Top 10 list of hair dryers (April 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their hair dryers rank and which hair dryer is the best.
- Available in 3 Colors: Black, Pink & Yellow
- Removable end cap for easy cleaning and longer dryer life
- Cool Shot Button help to set the look for a gorgeous, long-lasting results
- Includes concentrator for focused airflow and straight styles
- 5-foot power cord
- Cool shot button locks style in place
- Ceramic + Ionic + Tourmaline Grill for Faster Drying with Less Frizz*
- 1875W for Fast Drying Power
- Healthier Hair* with Proprietary Micro-Conditioner Technology
- 1100 Watt power provides just the right heat. Unlike conventional hair dryers, this…
- 2 Heat/Speed Settings for Styling Flexibility with Cool Option.
- Brush is designed with Nylon Pin & Tufted Bristles for detangling, improved volume…
- Includes: Diffuser for textured styles - and - Concentrator for smooth styles
- True Cold Shot Button locks in curls, waves, and style
- 3 Heat / 2 speed settings for custom heat and air flow
- Concentrator and Diffuser Attachments Included. Hanging Ring
- 2 Heat/2 Speed Settings and Cool Shot Button for maximum control
- 3X Ceramic Coating for less damage
- Includes: Diffuser for textured styles and Concentrator for smooth styles
- Hinged filter for easy maintenance and cleaning; No-slip grip for comfortable st…
- 3 heat/ 2 speed settings for all hair types; Cool Shot locks style in place
- 3 precise speed settings - fast drying, regular drying, and gentle drying
- 4 precise heat settings - fast drying & styling, regular drying, gentle drying, and…
- Cool to touch. With heat shield technology, the surfaces of the attachments stay…
- Ceramic retains hair's luster
- Ceramic helps to creates smooth, silky hair and eliminates frizz
- Ceramic generates far infrared heat, gently drying the hair from the inside out
- high, off, and low settings
- 1875 watts of drying power
- 2 heat and speed settings. 5 foot power cord
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/04/22 05:10 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best hair dryers