Review10Best compares the best hammer drills and nominates the one by TACKLIFE as the best hammer drill. In our hammer drills review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different hammer drills and follow our recommendation on which hammer drill to buy in 2019. With the hammer drill comparison, you can be sure to buy the best hammer drill on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate hammer drill buying guide
- View our hammer drill picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about hammer drills
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best hammer drill ensures you get a reliable tool that will last for many years to come. But there are so many products on the market that it can be confusing to understand which is best for your needs, especially when trying to work out what types of drills are best suited for each task.
To make the buying process easier, check out this handy hammer drill buying guide for all the info you need to find the right tool.
What are hammer drills?
Also known as an impact drill, a hammer drill is a tool designed for heavier duty drilling. For instance, it’s designed to drill through much tougher materials like masonry and thicker wall studs, making it great for jobs that require more drilling strength than a standard drill can offer.
Why should you buy a good hammer drill?
The best hammer drills will make heavy-duty drilling much quicker and easier. While it is possible to use a normal drill when drilling masonry and thick wood, it will take longer and put a lot of stress on the motor, which is why hammer drills are so useful.
Basically, whenever you need to drill into hard and dense surface areas, hammer drills make the job effortless. They are amongst the most powerful drills available, making them incredibly useful for tougher DIY tasks.
How to choose the right hammer drill?
Unsure what to look for in a good impact drill? Here are some things to think about before choosing the best hammer drill:
- Torque: The higher the torque the more powerful the drill is, so always check the maximum torque and make sure it’s hight enough for your tasks. It’s a good idea to choose a drill with adjustable torque settings, as it lets you change the drill power according to the surface.
- Depth: Drilling depth is an important thing to look at, as it will impact how deep the drill can go into the wall, so look for a drill that offers multiple drilling depths for various tasks. You don’t always need to bore at the same depths, so having several options is very convenient.
- Functions: While hammer drills are designed for drilling, many models come with additional functions like hammer mode for chiselling and scraping. That said, you may not require anything beyond drilling, although it is nice to have these additional functions should you ever need them.
What is the best kind of hammer drill?
The most popular types of hammer drills that you can buy include:
- Light Duty Drills: These entry-level models offer more powerful drilling than a standard drill and are great for drilling smaller holes into bricks and masonry while being great for deeper drilling in woods and plastics.
- SDS Hammer Drill: Designed to drill deep into masonry and brickwork, these drills are fitted with an SDS function for increased power and hammering. They are the strongest hammer drills available, being suitable for chiselling and chasing work along with masonry drilling.
Top 10 list of hammer drills (January 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their hammer drills rank and which hammer drill is the best.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & ERGONOMIC DESIGN: This hammer drill for concrete has been designed…
- 12 DRILL BITS FOR EXTENSIVE APPLICATION: 7Pcs different sizes, different materials…
- 360° ROTATING AUXILIARY HANDLE & METAL CHUCK: Tacklife dual corded hammer…
- Power: Bosch's powerful 7.5 amp rotary tool motor produces 0 1, 300 RPM and 0 5,…
- Convenient: SDS plus bit system provides tool free bit changes with automatic bit…
- Ergonomic: D handle design provides comfort and optimal control; especially for overhead…
- Variable Speed trigger for controlled drilling speed
- Side assist handle for controlled, accurate drilling
- 1/2 in. keyed chuck to accept large diameter bits designed for woodworking and c…
- 46 piece Accesory & 2-year Quality PromiseGet your KIMO power kit without worrying…
- Compact, Lightweight 2 lbs Design, Built-in LED & Reverse ControlCompact (7-in…
- All Copper Motor & MAX 330 In-lb TorqueKIMO Cordless Drill features an All-Copper…
- Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts; Nominal…
- Battery & Charger Sold Separately
- Battery sold separately
- Rotating brush ring delivers full speed/torque in forward and reverse
- Integral clutch reduces sudden, high torque reactions
- SHOCKS - Active Vibration Control, reduced vibration felt in the handles. A Perform…
- Drive mode: For driving screws and bolts
- Drill mode: For drilling holes in wood, plastic and metal
- Clutch override for quick mode changes from drilling to driving
- Built in Torque Limiter ensures stable torque control
- One touch sliding chuck allows for quick bit changes
- Ergonomic D shaped handle with rubberized soft grip for increased comfort and co…
- Variable-speed trigger with reversing - offers accurate bit starting
- Vario-lock - rotates and locks chisel to optimize working angle
- Counter-balanced vibration control - improves user comfort during drilling or chiseling…
- SATISFACTION WARRANTY ENEACRO always stands behind you from the time you decide to…
- DRILLING CAPACITY The max drilling diameter for concrete is 1-1/4 inch and for metal…
- SAFETY CLUTCH Safety clutch protection guarantee the user's safety when the machine…
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2020/01/20 17:01 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best hammer drills