Review10Best compares the best highlighter pens and nominates the one by Zebra Pen as the best highlighter pen. In our highlighter pens review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different highlighter pens and follow our recommendation on which highlighter pen to buy in 2020. With the highlighter pen comparison, you can be sure to buy the best highlighter pen on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate highlighter pen buying guide
- View our highlighter pen picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about highlighter pens
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
While many consider the best highlighter pen as being a purely subjective choice, there are aspects that make some better than others. With many different manufacturers and styles available, finding the best highlighter pens will depend on what you need it for and the type of pen purchased. Looking to add a great set of highlighter pens to your stationery? Then check out the handy guide below for everything you need to know!
What are highlighter pens?
A highlighter pen is a writing device used to highlight a body of text. By using translucent and vibrant colors, a good highlighter pen makes it much easier to read important sections of text. Highlighter pens come in several colors, typically using various fluorescent inks to achieve this, which flows from a felt tip.
Why should you buy a good highlighter pen?
A good highlighter pen is incredibly useful for many applications. Among the most common uses are for studying at school and college, as they can be used to highlight important pieces of information when studying. They are also common in offices for similar reasons, as they are great for highlighting any important data that needs to be remembered. Also, some like to have highlighter pens as part of their art supply, given their vibrant colors.
Best of all, even the best highlighter pen doesn’t cost much, giving all the more reason to buy one!
How to choose the right highlighter pen?
Buying stationery can often be hard when there is such a wide choice available, which is certainly the case with highlighter pens. For anyone looking for the best highlighter pen, consider some of the following:
- Tip size: Highlighter pens come with various tip sizes for highlighting different sizes of text. For instance, if the font size of the text is quite small, then a fine tip size will be needed to properly highlight. Chisel tips are the most common, being a great highlighter pen tip for most single lines of texts.
- Ink: There are many choices of ink for a highlighter pen, some of which are better than others. For instance, non-smear ink is certainly one of the best for a highlighter pen as it ensures everything remains eligible and organized. Additionally, quick-dry ink is very worthwhile as it will prevent possible problems that occur when too much ink is absorbed, such as spots of ink appearing on the other side of the paper.
- Color: An obvious thing to consider but one still worth mentioning. The best highlighter pen color is mostly subjective, although traditionally they are a fluorescent yellow. Certain types of text may be better highlighted by specific colors, such as red ink being easier to read than yellow. However, with a wide range of colors to choose from, you may find having more than one is the best option, as it allows you to use different colors to create a contrasting effect. Popular colors include pink, green, orange, and blue.
What is the best kind of highlighter pen?
There are a few choices when it comes to types of highlighter pens, with various inks, designs, and tips available. The following list of the best-selling highlighter pens might help you to choose the right one:
- Chisel Tip Highlighter Pens: A chiseled felt tip is ideal for highlighting most single lines of text. These highlighter pens are the most recognizable and affordable. However, be mindful of cheap inks that may smudge or soak through.
- Bullet Tip Highlighter Pens: A much finer highlighter pen compared to chisel tips types, they are more suited for creating bullet points, artwork, and highlighting smaller sections of texts by underlining them.
- Tri-lighter Pens: Combines three different highlighter colors in the one pen, usually in the shape of a triangle with a tip at each corner. A great highlighter pen for contrasting highlights, they also save a lot of space by having the three pens combined into one.
- Gel Highlighter Pens: Rather than using felt tips, these highlighter pens have a gel stick at the base. These are the best highlighter pens for avoiding ink bleed-throughs.
Top 10 list of highlighter pens (April 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their highlighter pens rank and which highlighter pen is the best.
- Ideal for notetaking, reading, underlying, and color-coding
- Durable barrel with cap that fits securely and indicates highlighter color
- Available in 10 subtle hues: red, orange, Yellow, green, light green, light blue,…
- POWER TO THE PEN: Pilot makes exceptional writing instruments to suit all your needs.…
- Yellow chisel point highlighter and Black fine ball point pen
- Comfortable, cushion barrel
- Compatible with Post-it Flag Highlighter Refill Pack (689-HL-Refill)
- 3 Ballpoint Pens and Highlighters/Pack
- Blue, Pink and Yellow Highlighter, Black Ballpoint, Medium Point
- Sharpie Highlighters are Made in the USA;Washable and non toxic Formula
- Let ink dry before using highlight pens on written Notes, faxes, copies, newspapers…
- Color won't fade type or bleed through most paper
- Comes in a variety of colors for your choice of highlighting
- Click action Pen, Click to close pen when you want to highlight
- Chisel tip is ideal for wide and narrow lines.
- Made in the USA of US & Foreign Parts
- Won't dry out if the cap is left off for up to 8 hours
- ACMI approved non-toxic
- DURABLE DESIGN: SyPen’s 3 in 1 Pens are designed to stand the test of time.…
- Stylus Function, Twist to use as a pen Twist to use as a Stylus
- Crayon Gel Tip glides smoothly and won't bleed through pages
- Set of 4 colored highlighters includes 1 each of yellow, orange, pink, and green
- The versatile, easy glide chisel tip is great for highlighting, underlining or writing…
- Bright, see through colors make your highlighted text easy to read
- Let ink dry before highlighting on written notes, faxes, copies, newspapers and…
- Smear Guard ink is formulated to not smear over most inks (let air dry before highlighting).…
- Just click and mark. The one-handed operation means there is no cap to remove or…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/03/27 21:40. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best highlighter pens