Review10Best compares the best infant car seats and nominates the one by GRACO as the best car seat. In our infant car seats review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different car seats and follow our recommendation on which infant car seat to buy in 2020. With the car seat comparison, you can be sure to buy the best infant car seat on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate infant car seat buying guide
- View our infant car seat picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to car seats
- Watch recommended videos about infant car seats
- More about infant car seats on the web
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Every parent wants to buy the best infant car seat possible for their child. Driving with an infant without a suitable car seat isn’t just reckless, but illegal in most countries. To make sure you buy the best car seat for infants, there are several things to consider which are outlined in the buying guide below.
What are infant car seats?
An infant car seat is a child safety seat designed for infants. They offer support and protection for infants that are passengers in a car, preventing serious injury or death in the event of a collision Because a child needs a suitable car seat based on their weight and height, it is important to buy the right car seat to keep infants as safe and secure as possible.
Why should you buy a good infant car seat?
It is incredibly important to have an infant car seat for any child passengers. Young children such as infants are more at risk of injury and death from vehicle collisions, so require a great safety seat to prevent injury and death. In fact, using an infant car seat is required by law in most countries, highlighting how important they are for the safety of a child.
How to choose the right infant car seat?
There are some careful considerations to make when trying to find the best infant car seat for your child. Be sure to think about the following things before you buy anything:
- Category: All child safety seats are divided into specific categories, with each one being recommended for children of certain age, weight or height. Due to their small size and weight, infant car seats should always be in the group 0+, which are the safest for babies.
- Connectors: LATCH and ISOFIX connectors, found in the US and Europe respectively, are the most comfortable types of connectors for an infant car seat. Most new vehicles are made with these same connections, making it quick and easy to connect and disconnect an infant car seat.
- Harness System: The best infant car seats come with an adjustable harness system, allowing them to be adjusted as the child grows. Because infants should always be placed in a rear-facing seat, look for a harness system that sits below or level to the baby’s shoulder.
What is the best kind of infant car seat?
There are a few options to choose from when looking for an infant car seat, including these best-selling car seats below:
- Rear-facing Infant Car Seat: Any infant should be secured in a rear-facing car seat, with the recommended age being up to two years old. This is because the size and weight of an infant make them more susceptible to injury in a front-facing seat. So always ensure you buy a rear-facing design.
- Convertible Car Seat: A convertible car seat is a great investment, as it can be adjusted to suit the height and weight of the child as it grows. For instance, it remains in the rear-facing position until they are large enough, after which you convert it into a front-facing position. This ensures you don’t have to buy a new car seat once your infant outgrows it.
- 3-in-1 Car Seat: Taking things a step further than a convertible seat, a 3-in-1 seat can be changed from rear-facing to forward-facing to a booster seat. This means you get even longer from the seat, being able to use from your child’s early years all the way to the maximum height and weight requirements.
Top 10 list of infant car seats (March 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their infant car seats rank and which car seat is the best.
- Check Your local and state laws, as well as AAP and NHTSA recommendations, for car…
- Rotating canopy with window and visor provides shade and sun Protection for baby…
- Adjustable base with 4 recline positions and Easy to read bubble level indicator…
- Safety 1st believes parenting should have fewer worries and more joyful moments.…
- This car seat meets or exceeds federal, ASTM, and JPMA safety standards and includes…
- Easy to clean, the seat pad removes easily and is ready to go into the washing machine…
- Easy to read level indicator helps eliminate installation guesswork
- 4 position adjustable base lets you customize fit to your vehicle
- InRight LATCH system for a one second LATCH attachment
- PROTECTPLUS ENGINEERED: Helps protect your little one in frontal, side, rear, and…
- EASY-TO-READ LEVEL INDICATOR: Helps eliminate guesswork from the installation process,…
- 4-POSITION ADJUSTABLE BASE: Helps ensure an accurate install and helps keep baby…
- Easy Compact Fold for Storage or Travel
- Reclining Padded Seat with 5 point harness, tether, large canopy and storage bas…
- Front Swivel Wheel for easy maneuvering, locks for jogging
- LATCH equipped base for easy installation
- One-hand easy-access seat release
- Adjustable 2-panel canopy
- 5-point harness with easy-pull tightened. 2-position carry-handle with comfortable…
- Removable new-born head and body supports. For infants from 4 to 30 lbs and up to…
- Designed for travel system use with compatible Chicco strollers (sold separately…
- Smooth carrying handle, won't scratch your arm
- EPS energy-absorbing foam for superior side impact head protection and soft head…
- One-hand easy-access seat release
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System adjusts the height of your harness and headrest,…
- In the event of a frontal impact, the Anti-Rebound Bar reduces car seat rotation
- Grows with and helps protect rear-facing infants from 4 to 35 lb and up to 35",…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/03/27 22:50. o'clock.
Other reviews related to car seats
Recommended Video about the best infant car seats
Further resources about infant car seats
- Car Seats and Booster Seats | NHTSA: Car seats and boosters provide protection for infants and children in a crash, yet car crashes are a leading cause of death for children ages 1 to 13. (source: www.nhtsa.gov)