Review10Best compares the best jigsaws and nominates the one by BLACK+DECKER as the best jigsaw. In our jigsaws review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different jigsaws and follow our recommendation on which jigsaw to buy in 2019. With the jigsaw comparison, you can be sure to buy the best jigsaw on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate jigsaw buying guide
- View our jigsaw picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about jigsaws
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best jigsaw for your DIY projects can be difficult if you don’t know what to look for in this versatile power tool. It’s a great addition to any toolset however, providing a versatile cutting saw suitable for all kinds of projects around the home. To make the buying process easier, here’s a handy guide with all the info you need to find a great jigsaw that fits all your needs.
What are jigsaws?
A jigsaw is a type of saw used for straight and curved cuttings on materials like wood, plastic, metal, tiles, and even masonry. It consists of a reciprocating blade that cuts through materials by pushing and pulling the jigsaw in the required direction, making it one of the most efficient tools for making straight and curved cuts at various angles.
Why should you buy a good jigsaw?
A good jigsaw is a great investment for any DIY enthusiast. It’s a highly versatile power saw that can cut various materials. With interchangeable blades that can be adjusted to various angles, you can easily create curved, straight, and angled cuts on materials for DIY projects.
How to choose the right jigsaw?
Choosing the best jigsaws can be difficult if you are unsure what to look for in a power tool, so here are a few things to think about to help find the right saw for your needs:
- Corded or Cordless: Like most power tools, jigsaws are available in corded and cordless models, with each one offering its own benefits. For example, corded tools are usually more powerful and you don’t need to worry about stopping midway through a project to recharge a battery. Cordless jigsaws offer much better manoeuvreability, although they tend to lack the same power.
- Grip: You have two main grip types for a jigsaw, a barrel handle, and a D-handle. A barrel handle is found at the back end of the tool, allowing for more force to be applied when sawing forwards, although it does require more effort to use so it may not be great the most comfortable for long periods of use. D-handle grips are shaped like a D and found at the top of the tool, offering a more ergonomic grip that more comfortable to operate. It’s also easy to manoeuvre because it offers good balance and a thick rubber grip.
- Speeds: The best jigsaws come with variable speed settings which is useful for sawing different types of materials. This is important if you want to saw different materials beyond wood, as tougher materials like metal and masonry require much higher sawing speeds, so if you’re sawing different materials then look for variable speed settings that can reach 3,000rpms and above.
What is the best kind of jigsaw?
There are mainly two types of jigsaws available:
- Reciprocating Jigsaw: This type of jigsaw has a fully exposed blade that is moved with a push/pull motion. It has a much tougher sawing motion so it is generally best used for demolishing materials, such as ripping down tiles, cutting window frames or holes in plasterboard.
- Orbital Jigasaw: Orbital jigsaws are the most common type available, usually featuring a D-handle grip and a T or U blade. This makes them best-suitable for both broad and fine cuts and they can cut through most materials, being the best jigsaw for making precise curved and straight cuts.
Top 10 list of jigsaws (January 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their jigsaws rank and which jigsaw is the best.
- Keyless blade clamp for tool-free blade change
- New and improved Wire Guard for more precise cuts
- Dust blower
- Custom molded tool rest design to prevent blade from damaging material
- Variable speed trigger adjusts speed to cut
- 4-position orbital cut control for fast or smooth cuts
- Tool free blade change
- Lock-on button for prolonged use
- 4 orbital settings for a variety of materials
- Switch Lock Design & More AccessoriesPress the lock button on the handle when…
- 45°Bevel Cutting & Tool-free Blade ChangingAdjustable aluminum footplate…
- 4-Position Orbital Action0 to 3 customized orbital settings allows you to adapt the…
- ACCURACY: Internal precision machined plunging system and low vibration design enhances…
- SECURE: This Bosch tool includes a large, sturdy die cast foot with steel insert…
- CONTROL: Variable speed dial sets maximum speed and accelerator trigger controls…
- Battery & Charger Sold Separately
- All-metal, lever-action keyless blade Change allows for quick and easy T-Shank blade…
- Variable speed trigger and dial provide precise speed control
- Included Components: (1) BDEJ300C; Stroke Length: 0.75 in; Stokes per Minute: 3000…
- Dust blower helps to keep saw dust out of your work area
- Base plate tilts to allow bevel cuts
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2020/01/20 17:01 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best jigsaws