Review10Best compares the best keyboards and nominates the one by Microsoft as the best keyboard. In our keyboards review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different keyboards and follow our recommendation on which keyboard to buy in 2020. With the keyboard comparison, you can be sure to buy the best keyboard on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate keyboard buying guide
- View our keyboard picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to keyboards
- Watch recommended videos about keyboards
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The keyboard is one of the most important parts of a computer, and while they come included with most computers, there are a wide selection of models that may be more suitable. Also, anyone building their own computer from scratch will have to buy a keyboard separately, and there is certainly no lack of choices.
So, to find the best keyboard for your computer, it is important to know what you need it for most and if there are any preferences you have when buying one. Here’s everything you need to know to find the best keyboard:
What are keyboards?
A keyboard is a piece of hardware that connects to computer to perform a variety of inputs. The most notable example of this is typing text, while other important commands are also featured on the keyboard such as volume control, desktop access, and screen adjustments.
All keyboards feature letters, numbers, arrow keys, and various other symbols, while some also feature additional numeric keypads.
Why should you buy a good keyboard?
Keyboards are an essential piece of hardware needed for a computer, so simply put you will need one in order to use your computer. However, with many types of keyboards available, there are plenty of reasons to invest in a much better keyboard than the standard one that comes with the computer.
For example, anyone that does a lot of typing may benefit from an ergonomically designed keyboard, while those that enjoy playing video games may want to upgrade to a gaming keyboard.
How to choose the right keyboard?
There is a fine choice of keyboards available today, so there is a lot to think about before deciding what’s best for your needs. Be sure to consider some of the following factors to find the best keyboard:
- Connectivity: Most keyboards are a connect to the computer through a USB cable, although these will limit how freely you can use the keyboard. For anyone looking to sit on a couch or further back from a desk, the best keyboard to go for is a wireless one. Be mindful of things like lag and battery options if going for a wireless keyboard!
- Keys: Key switches actually come in few options, although not many people are aware of this. Silicone, mechanical, and scissor switch keys are the most common, and each one has their own characteristics that may be suitable. For instance, mechanical keys have a better response to them and tend to be more durable, so are as the best keyboard by some, although they are the most expensive too and will be unnecessary for casual web browsing.
- Design: There is a huge range of designs for keyboards, with shapes, sizes, materials, and colours of every variety available. While not really impacting how the keyboard functions, many like stylish aesthetics such as backlit keys, premium materials, and LED displays on their keyboard.
- Features: A keyboard can come with additional features that allow for more complete control over your computer. Whether its media playback, programmable buttons, or touch pads, there is no shortage of awesome features available that you may find useful on your keyboard.
What is the best kind of keyboard?
As mentioned, there is a massive range of great keyboards to choose from, so it can be helpful to know what the most common types are and what they offer.
- Basic: A no nonsense keyboard, these are the simplest yet cheapest option out there, typically the type that comes with the computer. They’re usually wired and don’t come with much extras, but this may be just the thing for more casual computer users!
- Ergonomic keyboard: The best keyboard for anyone that types for extended periods, ergonomic keyboards come with a design that make it easier to type for longer. This is great for anyone looking to avoid strains and aches from typing too much, although they do tend to be on the larger side so may not be the best option for those short on space.
- Gaming keyboard: Gaming keyboards are a great option for anyone that spends a lot of time playing video games on their pc. They come with features such as programmable buttons and mechanical keys to help enhance gaming performances by offering quicker reactions and customisable controls. However, they are quite expensive and won’t be that necessary for anyone that isn’t planning on frequent gaming.
Top 10 list of keyboards (April 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their keyboards rank and which keyboard is the best.
- Color : Black
- Type : Keyboards
- Interface : USB
- Strong Durability & ♥Reliable Service♥2 Non-slip foldable stands…
- 25 keys anti-ghosting & win-lock function advanced anti-ghosting technology allows…
- Crater Architecture & Excellent PerformanceCompared to common computer keyboard,…
- Note: The USB toggle is located in the storage compartment of the mouse
- Programmable hotkeys to boost productivity: Automatically access frequently used…
- Drop out connectivity: The 2.4 GigaHertz signal ensures you have a strong and reliable…
- Package contents: Arteck Stainless 2.4G Wireless Keyboard, nano USB receiver, USB…
- Ultra Thin and Light: Compact size (16.9 X 4.9 X 0.6in) and light weight (14.9oz)…
- 6-Month Battery Life: Rechargeable lithium battery with an industry-high capacity…
- PC GAMING KEYBOARD AND GAMING MOUSE COMPATIBILITY: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows…
- WIRED GAMING MOUSE; Ergonomic Redragon RED Backlit Gaming Mouse up to 3200 DPI (user…
- MULTI MEDIA & ANTI GHOSTING; The Gaming Keyboard has 25 conflict free (n-Key…
- Includes an easy to assemble stand, a bench with three adjustable height settings,…
- Play along with 40 demo songs or record your own
- One touch song mode with 300 built in rhythms
- Compatible with Xbox One to play keyboard enabled games
- Comfortable wrist rest for fatigue reduction
- Multi key anti ghosting ensures the most accurate simultaneous key presses
- Connectivity Type: Cable
- Device Type: Keyboard
- SIMPLE SETUP: There’s no additional setup involved when using the MK550 in…
- LONG BATTERY LIFE: Use your keyboard and mouse for longer with the MK550’s…
- PRECISION LASER MOUSE: Say goodbye to your touchpad with the included MK510 precision…
- Compatibility: Works with PCs using Windows or Chrome operating systems. Resolution:…
- Extended battery life: 3-year keyboard and 18-month mouse battery life virtually…
- Advanced 2.4 GHz wireless connection: Delivers the reliability and speed of a corded…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/03/28 13:00. o'clock.
Other reviews related to keyboards
Recommended Video about the best keyboards