Review10Best compares the best laptops and nominates the one by Acer as the best laptop. In our laptops review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different laptops and follow our recommendation on which laptop to buy in 2020. With the laptop comparison, you can be sure to buy the best laptop on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate laptop buying guide
- View our laptop picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about laptops
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best laptop for your personal needs has never been more difficult. There is simply a huge selection of great laptops to suit virtually every budget, there’s a lot to consider when looking for the right model for you, such as features, size, and operating systems. Looking for the best laptop within your budget but aren’t sure what you need? Then check out this handy buying guide!
What are laptops?
A laptop is a portable computer designed to be used on the go. As a more compact, lightweight alternative to a desktop computer, they can perform most of the same functions and features as a standard pc, including connecting to devices such as printers, monitors and external speakers.
While the best laptops have specs that can compete with a high-quality pc, they are more expensive as they require a much more complex design, but there are still great laptops in virtually every price range.
Why should you buy a good laptop?
Laptops are incredibly convenient computers that are well worth buying, especially given their affordability in recent years. Whether you need a portable computer for work or school, are lacking space for a desktop in your home, or simply want a good computer that is much easier to operate, then you cannot go wrong with a laptop. Also, given the huge selection of laptops currently available, it is possible to find a model with the right features and functions you need.
How to choose the right laptop?
There is a fair amount to consider when looking for the best laptop, and as everyone will have their own specific needs, it’s important to understand what features you require:
- Operating System: The operating system of a laptop determines the software and hardware that it will and can use, with the three most popular options being Windows, Mac, and Chrome. You’ve likely used one of these before, so it’s a good idea to stick with what you are used to. For most people this is Windows, as it is already installed on the majority of laptops while it is also compatible with more software than other operating systems.
- Size: The size of the laptop is important as it not only determines the screen size but how portable it is. Consider how you intend to use your laptop to help with this. For instance, if you need an everyday laptop for use at home, a 15 inch should be fine, whereas those needing it for computer related work (e.g. programming, graphic design) may prefer a larger screen. Similarly, a larger laptop will be better-suited for those looking to play video games as it will offer the best visual experience. Remember though – the larger the laptop, the heavier it will be!
- Processor: As the brains of a laptop, the processor is one of the most important things to think about when looking to buy. While there’s a large number of different processors, most laptops will carry one made from either Intel or AMD, both of which have a variety of processors found in most laptops. AMD is usually on the cheaper side but tends to be less powerful than Intel processors, so be sure to think about what you need from your laptop. Both manufacturers have entry-level processors that are affordable and great for standard laptop use, while high-end chips will cost a fair amount more but provide a much more powerful laptop better-suited for gaming, multimedia, streaming etc.
- RAM: Otherwise known as memory, the more your laptop has the faster it will operate. RAM comes into action when a computer starts running several programs or tasks at once, so you might need more or less depending on what the laptop will be used for. For example, if your laptop will be doing a lot of tasks at any given time, then you will want 4GB of RAM to cover it, but if you only need it for basic things like web browsing and word processing then 2GB will be perfectly fine. RAM can always be upgraded down the line, so if you feel you need more it’s something you can add in the future!
- Hard Drive: The hard drive is where all the data of the laptop is stored, so any music, movies, software, photos, and videos are saved here. Various sizes of hard drives are available, ranging from 150GB to several TB, so those that intend to store a lot of data will want somewhere between 500GB to 1TB. Remember, external hard drives and cloud storage are becoming increasingly affordable and efficient ways to store data, so you can certainly get around a lack of hard drive space should it fill fast.
What is the best kind of laptop?
With such a huge variety of great laptops out there, knowing the best type for you can sometimes be difficult. While most laptops can perform standard functions, others are designed for specific uses, so you may need one of these depending on your intended uses.
- PC Laptops: These are the best all-round laptops that will be suitable for most users. Prices will vary based on things such as hardware, size, and brand, although most PC laptops are ideal for studying, work, or simply social use.
- Gaming Laptops: Unsurprisingly, these are the best laptops for playing the latest video games. This means they will cost more as they require high-end hardware to run games. Like any other laptop type, there are many specifications available.
- Netbooks: The smallest and most compact laptops, netbooks aren’t as popular as they once were due to the emergence of netbooks, but they are still a great laptop for many. They come with a great price and are ideal for anyone that just wants to browse the net and use the occasional bit of software.
Top 10 list of laptops (April 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their laptops rank and which laptop is the best.
- Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum Power Supply Wattage 65 W
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 Hours Battery Life
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port, 2 USB 2.0 Ports & 1 HDMI Port with HDCP support
- Windows 10 Home No DVD
- 1 HDMI 1 4b 1 headphone/microphone combo 1 USB 3 1 Type-C Gen 1 (Data Transfer up…
- Fast boot up with SSD Boot up in seconds transfer files without waiting hours and…
- Up to 10 hours of battery life with recharge Technology to power your laptop computer…
- With the included active Pen, you can draw or take notes directly on the screen,…
- Convenient true block privacy shutter allows you to physically close your PC's webcam…
- 64-bit Windows 10 Home.
- HDMI output, Built-in media reader, wireless and wired network connectivity.
- 8GB system memory for advanced multitasking, 256GB PCI-e Solid State Drive.
- Just 0.78 inches Thin, 3.75 pounds and Up to 12 Hours of Battery Life
- Rechargeable Active Stylus; Thin 0.38 inches Bezel; Dual Front Facing Speakers; 802.11acWi…
- 16GB DDR4 Memory & 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11b/g/n/ac (1x1)(19a) Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2 and RJ-45 LAN Ethernet…
- 1x Headphone-out & Audio-in Combo Jack; 1x Built-in HD webcam with microphone;…
- DDR4 2400 MHz RAM Memory with Solid State Drive (SSD) combo brings the muscle for…
- Sdxc port
- Thunderbolt 2 port
- Two USB 3 ports
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3. 1 Type-C (Gen1), USB 3. 0, USB 2. 0, and…
- Ergonomic backlit chiclet keyboard with fingerprint reader
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB SSD; Windows 10 Home. Battery: 37WHrs, 2S1P, 2-cell Li-io…
- Windows 10 in S mode is the new standard in app and cloud based operating systems.…
- Wi-Fi 5 (802. 11AC) for speeds upto three times faster than 802. 11N
- USB Type-C (Gen 1), USB Type-A, HDMI, micros connectivity
- 128GB Solid State Drive (SSD) while offering less storage space than a hard drive,…
- 8GB system Memory for advanced multitasking substantial high-bandwidth RAM
- 7th Gen Intel Core i3-7100U mobile Processor smart dual-core, four-way processing…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/03/27 22:15. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best laptops