Review10Best compares the best lipsticks and nominates the one from JA Cosmetics as the best lipstick. In our lipsticks review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different lipsticks and follow our recommendation on which lipstick to buy in 2018. With the lipstick comparison, you can be sure to buy the best lipstick on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate lipstick buying guide
- View our lipstick picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about lipsticks
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Your makeup routine will certainly not be complete without the best lipstick! They are one of the simplest makeup products, yet they make a bold statement in the world of makeups. Applying lipsticks forms part of every lady's everyday makeup routine, and the ease of application makes it even more pleasant to use.
What are lipsticks?
A lipstick is essentially a cosmetic product for enhancing the appearance of the lips. Made with basic constituents like essential oils, pigments, alcohol and of course wax, lipsticks come in different kinds and serve specific purposes. Along with basic constituents, the best lipsticks go with other constituents that keep the lips moisturized, glossy, and colorful and give it finer shapes.
Why should you buy a good lipstick?
Lipsticks are regular cosmetic products that protect and give a finer texture to your lips. You can find an endless list of versatile ways applications and loveable reasons why you should always wear lipsticks. A great type of lipsticks called the lip balm is designed to protect and hydrate the lips but comes along with other aesthetic purposes. Basically, lipsticks enable you to give the lips a finer shape, add color to them, hydrate the lips and protect them.
How to choose the right lipstick?
With so many kinds and types of lipsticks available in the market, finding the right lipstick for your lips can be really tricky. A few tips are highlighted here to make your quest for the best one way easier:
- Skin Tone: Using lipsticks that do not blend with your skin tone is a huge wardrobe flaw. You need to your skin undertone and understand the link between your lipstick and your skin undertone. This will help you choose the right lipstick. A simple way to find out your skin tone is observing the color of the vein on your wrist.
- Color: It's true that the first essence of applying lipsticks to your lips is to color them. This is why color does affect your choice of lipstick. Your first task in choosing a lipstick will be selecting the right color for your skin tone. Warm colors are the best for you if you've got a yellow (warm) undertone. Shades of purple and blue are ideal if you have a pink undertone.
- Constituents: When choosing the right lipstick, examine the constituents of it. Before settling for any lipstick, check out the contents to be sure you will be comfortable with it. Though lipsticks with metallic pigments may be alluding, it is safer to avoid they are a bit safe - you should avoid lipsticks metallic pigments.
- Texture: It’s no surprise that texture is one of the qualities to check out when you want to choose the perfect lipstick for your lips because they come in just one variant. There are a good number of lipsticks textures you can find. Although there are good lipsticks which still leave your lips dry, the best kind of lipsticks should have a creamy and moisturizing texture.
What is the best kind of lipstick?
If you don't know how to choose the right type of lipstick, then consider the following guides:
- Lip Sticks for Pale Lips: Generally, ladies with pale lips are better off on coral or cherry red lipsticks.
- Lip Sticks for Reddish Lips: If you've got red lips, you should prefer to go on cranberry, hot pink, or orange color lipsticks.
- Lip Sticks for Dark Lips: Burgundy and brick red will work best for ladies with dark lips.
- Glossy Lipsticks: These lipsticks are sticky and thick. They give the lips a shiny appearance and keep them moist and hydrated. They are arguably the best texture for lipstick. It is advisable to always pick a lipstick with this texture except in special cases.
- Creamy Lipsticks: Smooth but not so shiny, creamy lipsticks are more suitable for ladies with small lips. They are thick and tend to make the lips appear fuller. However, this type of lipsticks produces a dry effect. You could go ahead to apply a glossy lipstick over it to keep your lips moist and shiny.
- Pearly Lipsticks are fancy lipsticks which have special contents that make your skin sparkle and shine. This makes them feel heavy on the lips. Moisturizers should be worn along with so keep your lips moist because pearly lipsticks come with the side effects of making your lips dry.
- Sheer Lipsticks are a great lipstick option for anyone that has dry lips because it has lots of oil content that moisturize the lips and keep it glossy and shiny. However, sheer lipstick type has to be applied from time to time to restore its bright appearance.
- Matte Lipstick has no shine. They feel thicker on the lips and make your lips get dry easily.
Top 10 list of lipsticks (May 2018)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their lipsticks rank and which lipstick is the best.
- Cruelty-free and vegan
- The rich, creamy formula seals in moisture for long-lasting wear and comfort
- Enriched with Shea and Vitamins A, C, & E to nourish and hydrate the lips
- Formulated for superior comfort
- Available in four finishes: crème, matte, pearl, and sheer
- LiquiSilk formula seals in color and softness
- Product benefit:non-sticky,long lasting color and glossy
- Applicable skin types:For all skin types
- Features:The material is soft,even,smooth
- PIGMENTED & MATTE VELVET EFFECTS - These shades are beautiful colors, pigmented and…
- Light Strawberry taste lipstick,naturally healthy. if you don't like the taste, choosing…
- Liquid lipstick, not 100% fills up, leave space when you put the brush in.
- Long Lasting/ Waterproof/ Water-Resistant Matte Liquid Lipstick Pen Lip Gloss Se…
- Quantity: 15 PC
- Specifications: 3.8g
- 18 SHADES: Winner of 2016 Allure Best of Beauty Award, this Burt's Bees Satin Lipstick…
- ALL NATURAL MAKEUP: Burt's Bees Lipsticks are 100% natural and are formulated without…
- ALL DAY COLOR: Enhance your natural lip color wearing the gorgeous Sunset Cruise…
- Package Included: 3pc Matte Lip Gloss
- Note: Due to lighting effect and computer color, the actual colors may be slightly…
- Effect of matte velvet,your lips will be a little dry,if you want moisturizing,use…
- Note:the picture shown is a representation of the item,you'll receive from the available…
- Package Included: 6pcs/set lipstick
- Not stick cup, do not fade, matte matte dry only lightly purse one's lips, otherwise…
- Design in USA
- featured intensity & long-lasting
- Variety of colors to suit every style and occasion
- Full Coverage Color
- Formulated with Beeswax
- Modern Matte Finish
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2018/05/22 19:19. o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best lipsticks