Review10Best compares the best makeup removers and nominates the one from Garnier SkinActive as the best makeup remover. In our makeup removers review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different makeup removers and follow our recommendation on which makeup remover to buy in 2018. With the makeup remover comparison, you can be sure to buy the best makeup remover on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate makeup remover buying guide
- View our makeup remover picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about makeup removers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
There are worst things that could happen than just having to stain or getting your beloved pillow smeared when you go to bed without taking off your makeups with a good makeup remover. You could develop pimples, acne, and other skin blemishes as a result of clogged pores when you sleep with it on. It is a well-known fact that the skin, as with other parts of the body, does the bulk of its recovery at night, during this time, it needs to breathe properly to stay healthy.
Removing your makeup with wipes may end up causing irritation to your skin because the wipes have rough surfaces no matter how soft or smooth they look. The best make makeup remover is a must in everyone’s makeup kit.
What are makeup removers?
Makeup removers, as the names connote, are special products designed to remove makeups, dirt, and debris from your skin without harming it. Sometimes, most people fail to remove their makeups because they feel reluctant or can't muster enough strength to. This is where best makeup removers come in again. They provide an easier way of taking off those slaps of makeup in no time without breaking a sweat.
Why should you buy a good makeup remover?
Makeup removers have essential functions in our skincare routines. They provide a very effective way of keeping the skin clean and opening clogged pores without irritating or causing any harm to the skin. Doing this means your skin's pores are open and it can breathe properly. Again, since your pores are clear, the chances of developing any skin blemish is significantly reduced, meaning a healthier skin for you.
How to choose the right makeup remover?
You don't know how to pick the best makeup removal? Consider the following guides on how to choose a good one:
- Effectiveness: The right makeup remover must be effective in removing the cosmetics. Does it get everything off in one smooth swoop or does it require a lot of effort to clear the skin? This is someone you should really consider because makeup removers should make removing the skin a straightforward task.
- Ease of Use: If the makeup remover requires a million paged manual on how to use it, then you should be looking at other options. The remover should be very easy to use, so you don't feel reluctant to apply them before going to bed. Nobody wants to perform a strenuous ritual of cleaning the facial skin before a scaling through a hectic day.
- Sensitivity: Your skin is unique to you and will react uniquely to any product it comes in contact with. One particular makeup remover may work just fine for another but have a rather negative effect on you. Get counsel from your dermatologist if you have a sensitive skin type to be guided on a good type of makeup removal will be best for you.
- Skin Type: A critical point to consider when you are weighing the option of which makeup remover is right for you is your skin type. Dry skins will need to use one rich in moisturizing agents to keep their skin moist. And anyone with oily skin will have to look for a product with little moisturizing content. Whichever is the case, keep your skin type in mind when you want to get the right one.
What is the best kind of makeup remover?
Granted, take off your makeup before going to bed is a must. But then, how do you know the right type of makeup remover to buy.
A quick but reliable list of the best make up removers is provided below:
- Makeup Remover for Sensitive Skins: Sensitive skins get the best results when they use creamy makeup removals. These removers work efficiently without irritating the skin. They get easily absorbed by the skin and force dirt and oils out. But this is no option for the busy and the lazy.
- Makeup Remover for Dry Skins: Dry skins mean you should buy something moisturizing and avoid any product that tends to remove your little natural oil. This does not rule out products that are designed to remove oils from the skin without hampering the natural oil of the skin.
- Oily Makeup Removals: If the bulk of your makeups are oily, as it is usually the case, you should go for a remover that will readily dissolve the oils. Be sure that your pick doesn’t make you lose your skin’s natural oil.
- Makeup Removal Wipes: If you always seem to have a busy and hectic day, you should be thinking of buying a remover that is as easy as ABC to use. Wipes will be a good option, but it's not an effective one. Most often than not, it won't get out all the chemicals - it is, therefore, advisable to do a good clean-up once in a while.
- Waterproof Makeup Removals: There are some makeup removers that can easily remove your waterproof makeup. Makeups like eyelash serum and waterproof mascaras can be easily removed by these products.
Top 10 list of makeup removers (February 2018)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their makeup removers rank and which makeup remover is the best.
- Garnier micelle cleansing molecules lift dirt and impurities like a magnet, without…
- A no-rinse waterproof makeup remover and facial cleanser that refreshes, soothes…
- Micellar water for waterproof makeup is suitable for all skin types, and it's a paraben-free,…
- This alcohol free formula cleanses while being gentle on the face
- This makeup remover wipe helps leave the skin feeling and looking clean and fresh…
- Gentle cleansing wipes are specially formulateto be gentle enough for sensitive eye…
- remove make-up from your face and eyes
- Soak a cotton pad with Sensibio H2O and gently cleanse
- Even removes water-resistant make-upon bottle of Sensibio H2O sold around the world…
- Durable and reusable, just machine wash
- Use wet or with your favorite facial cleanser or makeup remover
- Eliminates the need for disposable cloths saving time and money
- Makeup remover towelettes are ophthalmologist, dermatologist, and allergy tested…
- Leave skin feeling fresh and looking clean with no heavy residue, there is no need…
- Fragrance-free wipes are specially formulated to be gentle enough for sensitive eye…
- * 100% FRAGRANCE FREE
- * ALLERY TESTED
- * FOR LIDS, LASHES AND LIPS
- Non-comedogenic, Fragrance free
- Dermatologist Tested, Ophthalmologist Tested
- Leaves eye area feeling clean and refreshed with no oily residue
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- 3-in-1 no-rinse face wash solution: cleanser, toner and makeup remover
- Micellar Water Cleanser that cleanses while respecting skin's natural physiological…
- Dermatologist tested
- Botanical blend of aloe, cucumber and green tea that sweeps away makeup without…
- SAFETY WARNING: For external use only. Avoid direct contact with eyes. If contact…
- MASSAGE OIL: Our Wonder Oil is a wonderful sensual massage oil. The texture and consistency,…
- MULTI USE OIL: Camellia Oil is great as an all natural makeup remover, eye makeup…
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2018/02/24 05:51 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best makeup removers