Review10Best compares the best monitor and nominates the one by Acer as the best monitor. In our monitor review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different monitor and follow our recommendation on which monitor to buy in 2020. With the monitor comparison, you can be sure to buy the best monitor on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate monitor buying guide
- View our monitor picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about monitor
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Anyone with a great computer needs a good monitor, too. But finding the best option for your setup isn’t always obvious. There are many types of great monitors to choose from, with different sizes, specs, and features available, so it’s possible to find something suitable for every computer. However, finding the best monitor for your computer does require research, so check out this handy buying guide below for everything you need to know:
What are monitor?
A monitor is an important piece of computer hardware, being the main output device used to display video and graphics from the computer. Much like a good television screen, computer monitors come in many sizes and include a wide range of specifications, from affordable monitors for basic computer tasks to high-quality models designed for graphic design, gaming, watching 4K movies etc.
Why should you buy a good monitor?
Any desktop computer requires a monitor, so it’s a vital piece of hardware for anyone looking to get a PC. Because you tend to get a more basic monitor when buying a computer, many decide to upgrade to higher performance, larger, screen, or to use dual monitors for work. In any instance, the best monitors offer better display quality and can help increase productivity for anyone using their computer for work. Many are available for affordable prices too, so it’s possible to get a great monitor without spending too much.
How to choose the right monitor?
Choosing the best monitor depends mostly on the individual user, so it helps to consider a few things before you buy one.
- Size: Monitors come in a variety of sizes, so think about what size you need to help find something suitable. For instance, monitors with a screen size around 20 inches or lower are small but great for basic computing, while sizes between 21 and 27 inches are great for most home offices and for watching movies or playing games. If you’re serious about gaming or work in video editing, photograph or graphic design, then you may want to go for anything above 27 inches for the best viewing area possible.
- Resolutions: The best monitors available feature high resolutions, with 4K offering unrivaled display quality. However, not everyone requires such a high resolution, especially if you don’t want to invest a large sum of money. Full HD monitors feature the same resolution as an HD television, offering a quality display at an affordable price. Remember, your computer’s graphics card might not be able to handle the highest resolutions found in monitors, so be sure to check if you buy a 4K monitor or anything with a higher resolution than your current screen.
- Connectivity: Always check the connections on a new monitor to ensure they match those on your computer, as well as other devices such as a smartphone, DVD player or Blu-ray player. Most monitors come with HDMI ports, but you may require several of these depending on your other inputs, while other connections such as USB or VGA may be required.
What is the best kind of monitor?
There are various best-selling types of monitors you can buy, any of which you may find suitable, with some of the most popular options including:
- LED Monitors: Light-emitting diode (LED) monitors are one of the best options on the market, offering quality images without being too expensive. Images are detailed and vibrant, while the monitor usually features a slimline design.
- LCD Monitors: Liquid crystal display (LCD) monitors are another great option, offering a great display quality and at a reasonable price. They are very similar to LED monitors, with the main difference being they use cold cathode fluorescent (CCFL) backlighting, whereas light emitting diodes are used to backlight LED monitors. The contrast isn’t as high as with LED monitors, but they cost less so are a great monitor for anyone on a budget.
- IPS Monitors: In-plane switching (IPS) monitors feature the latest technology that offers much more detailed and accurate color on the display. Their image quality is much better for this reason, but they are also the most expensive type to buy, although anyone that requires a monitor for professional work such as photography, video editing, or graphic design will benefit from the enhanced image quality.
Top 10 list of monitor (March 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their monitor rank and which monitor is the best.
- 75 hertz
- Tilt angle -5 degree to 15 degree. Horizontal viewing angle-178 degree. Vertical…
- Aspect ratio - 16: 9. Color Supported - 16. 7 million colors. Brightness - 250 n…
- 2 x HDMI, 1 x VGA
- 1920 x 1080 High Resolution up to 75Hz Refresh Rate
- Security Lock The Security Lock securely fastens your monitor in place, effectively…
- No picture visible using the OSD menu, adjust brightness and contrast to maximum…
- Signal inputs: 1 x HDMI, 1 x DVI (withHDCP) & 1 x VGA. Does not support HDCP…
- The Zero Frame design provides maximum visibility of the screen from edge to edg…
- Ports: 1 x Display Port, 1 x HDMI, 1 x VGA, 1 x audio-in & 1 x audio-out (VGA…
- Zero frame Design | ergo stand: ergonomically-designed stand | VESA mounting compliant…
- Refresh Rate: 75Hz - Using Display port or HDMI port.Brightness:250 nit
- Brightness: 250 cd/m²
- EnergyStar certified + 100% recylable packaging
- Wall mountable (VESA compatible)
- Wall mountable (VESA compatible)
- AOC low input lag delivers lag free Display from the video signals
- 1x DisplayPort, 2x HDMI 1. 4, 1x VGA inputs (1x HDMI & 1x DP cables included…
- WARRANTY — One-year limited warranty with 24-hour, 7 days a week web support…
- RESPONSIBLY MADE — Save your wallet with an ENERGY STAR certified monitor that…
- BRIGHTNESS & CONTRAST — 250 nits of brightness, up to 8, 000, 000:1 dynamic…
- Does NOT have VESA Mount
- Input Connectors - HDMI, VGA
- Panel Type - IPS, Full HD (1080p) 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz, Response Time - 8 ms (grey-to-grey…
- Exclusive Asus game plus crosshair and timer for a better gaming experience
- Connectivity featuring HDMI, D-Sub, and DVI-D ports as well as VESA mount
- Asus Eye Care technology features flicker-free and blue light filter technologies…
- 60 hertz
- This TUV Certified monitor has a flicker-free screen with Comfort View, a feature…
- Expand your efficiency: The three-sided ultrathin bezel design lets you enjoy an…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/03/27 11:05. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best monitor