Review10Best compares the best pressure cookers and nominates the one from Instant Pot as the best pressure cooker. In our pressure cookers review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different pressure cookers and follow our recommendation on which pressure cooker to buy in 2019. With the pressure cooker comparison, you can be sure to buy the best pressure cooker on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate pressure cooker buying guide
- View our pressure cooker picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about pressure cookers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
A good pressure cooker is a fine addition to every kitchen, offering the opportunity to cook foods in a fast and efficient way - especially when compared to a slow cooker. Choosing the best pressure cooker for your kitchen should be easy enough if you know what to look for and what you can expect from these kitchen appliances!
Check out the buying guide below for everything you need to know to find the best pressure cookers:
What are pressure cookers?
A pressure cooker is a device that allows for pressure cooking, the process of cooking food by using water under high pressure and temperature. This method requires a good pressure cooker in order to seal to cooking device tight enough for steam to increase the internal pressure, allowing the temperature to rise and cook the food.
Why should you buy a good pressure cooker?
A pressure cooker is a great appliance for any kitchen, as it allows for fast and effective cooking. With the best pressure cookers it is much easier and faster to prepare the meals than most other cooking methods. Further, you not only get your food cooked quicker, but save energy during cooking, too. Also, it’s a great appliance for health cooking, as pressure cooking retains more nutritional value than boiling.
How to choose the right pressure cooker?
As there is a wide selection of products to choose from, finding the best pressure cooker will require some understanding of what you need. Here are some important things worth considering:
- Capacity: Like any cooking device, you will want to choose one that offers a suitable capacity for your cooking habits. For example, if you are cooking for one or two, then a smaller pressure cooker will be a fine choice, whereas cooking for more people will require one with a larger capacity. Noteworthy, the capacity will always refer to the amount of water the pressure cooker can hold.
- Pressure Release: Any pressure cooker can release the pressure by manually opening the pot, but those that feature a quick release feature are well worth checking out. This is because certain recipes require different rates of pressure release, so if you plan in cooking a variety of dishes then you will want a pressure cooker with a good quick release feature.
- Safety Features: As pressure cooking involves boiling water and steam, they can be rather dangerous if not fitted with some adequate safety features. For example, many come with vents to release excess steam in case there is overpressure. Further, the best pressure cookers come with sturdy handles for safe handling.
What is the best kind of pressure cooker?
Looking for the best pressure cooker but you are unsure which type suits you most? Check out some of the most common types of pressure cooker and what they offer:
- Stovetop Pressure Cookers: The best all round pressure cooker, stovetop variations more durable, quicker to cook, and more suitable for advanced types of pressure cooking. They sit on top of a stove like a pot or pan, allowing for a variety of heat settings.
- Electric Pressure Cookers: Not the most advanced type of pressure cooker, electric types are great for low maintenance pressure cooking as they mostly work automatically. However, this doesn’t make them the greatest pressure cooker for tinkering and precise settings needed for certain recipes. Still, they are great for anyone short on kitchen space.
- Stainless Steel Pressure Cookers: A stainless steel pressure cooker will cost a bit more than others, but it is certainly a case of paying for quality. This is mainly down to the strength and durability of stainless steel, making it great for pressure cookers as they will last for many years to come.
- Aluminium Pressure Cookers: The best pressure cooker in terms of price. Aluminium is a great conductor of heat making it a very suitable material. However, aluminium isn’t the most durable material out there, so it won’t last as long as stainless steel will, especially being more prone to warping.
Top 10 list of pressure cookers (April 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their pressure cookers rank and which pressure cooker is the best.
- Power supply: 120V - 60Hz
- Accessories include stainless steel steam rack with handles, rice paddle, soup spoon,…
- UL and ULC certified with 10 safety mechanisms to provide you with added assurance,…
- Helper handle for ease of handling; Extended 12-year limited warranty
- Cover lock indicator shows when there is pressure inside the cooker and prevents…
- Ideal for use on regular, smooth-top and induction ranges; Dishwasher safe for easy…
- Extra-large size is great for big canning jobs; Includes canning/cooking rack and…
- Deluxe pressure dial gauge registers the complete range of processing pressures;…
- Constructed of warp-resistant heavy-gauge aluminum for fast, even heating; Works…
- 11-1/3 by 18-1/2 by 8-1/2 inches; 12 year limited warranty.
- Includes cooking rack and complete 64-page instruction/recipe book.
- Strong, heavy-gauge aluminum for quick, even heating.
- Power: 1000 watts
- Power supply: 120V - 60Hz
- Healthy, stainless steel (18/8) inner cooking pot made from food grade 304, no chemical…
- Power supply: 120V - 60Hz
- Ul certified with 10 proven safety mechanisms gives you peace of mind. Highly energy…
- All components in contact with food are food grade 304 (18/8) stainless steel including…
- Power supply: 120V - 60Hz.Delay Start time - Up to 24 hours
- UL certified with 11 safety features to provide peace of mind. New steam release…
- Developed with the latest 3rd generation technology with an embedded microprocessor.…
- Recipes and videos on Mealthy mobile app: The Mealthy site and mobile app for iOS…
- We've thought of everything: an extra silicone gasket, silicone mitts, steamer…
- 14 easy-touch cooking programs: poultry, meat/stew, Bean/Chili, Soup, sauté/simmer,…
- Stainless steel steaming basket for cooking several foods at once with no intermingling…
- Cover lock indicator shows at a glance when there is pressure inside the cooker and…
- Pressure regulator maintains proper cooking pressure automatically. Pressure regulator/steam…
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/04/20 08:48. o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best pressure cookers