Review10Best compares the best refrigerators and nominates the one from hOmeLabs as the best refrigerator. In our refrigerators review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different refrigerators and follow our recommendation on which refrigerator to buy in 2019. With the refrigerator comparison, you can be sure to buy the best refrigerator on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate refrigerator buying guide
- View our refrigerator picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about refrigerators
- More about refrigerators on the web
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
A refrigerator is an essential appliance for any household. With many different types to choose from, including a variety of price ranges to suit most budgets, finding the best refrigerator for your home should be easy to do.
What are refrigerators?
A refrigerator is a common household appliance used for food storage. It works by removing warm heat from the inside of the refrigerator and transferring it outside, helping to regulate the temperature inside so that it is cold enough to preserve fresh food and drink.
Why should you buy a good refrigerator?
If you want to store food and drink in your home, you will definitely need a good refrigerator. Otherwise, everything will start to go off and be unusable in a short amount of time. Not only does it help preserve food, but a great refrigerator can offer many additional features such as an ice and water dispenser, temperature control and ergonomic shelf designs that allow for more storage. While a great refrigerator doesn’t need to come with any additional features, they can certainly offer some nice perks that let you get even more from the appliance!
How to choose the right refrigerator?
In order to find the best refrigerators for your home, there are a few things to take into consideration. There’s plenty of options available on the market, and each one offers its own set of benefits depending on what you are looking for.
- Size: Perhaps the most important thing to consider, the size of the refrigerator will impact its overall price, how much storage it offers, and whether it will fit into your kitchen. Always measure the area it will be going into and the actual size of a potential refrigerator. Bigger isn’t necessarily better. For example, you won’t need a massive refrigerator if it is only holding food for a single adult or a couple, while a family with children will likely need something more spacious.
- Freezer Size: The best refrigerators include a spacious freezer compartment that allows you to freeze food for longer storage. However, refrigerators can have a freezer of almost any size, so be sure to consider how much space you want for freezing food.
- Style: As one of the main appliances at home, it makes sense that refrigerators are available in very stylish designs. Different door styles are available and, and they don’t just impact the aesthetics of a refrigerator but also how functional it may be. For instance, tall refrigerators with double doors will offer more storage compartments but could be difficult to open depending on its location in the kitchen. Meanwhile, an under-counter refrigerator may be a better style for those struggling for space.
What is the best kind of refrigerator?
Picking the best refrigerator for your kitchen is simple enough to do, as the style of the refrigerator usually impacts what options are suitable for you. You may need a smaller refrigerator because of a compact kitchen or it you could require something large and spacious to hold plenty of food.
There are currently quite a few types of refrigerators to choose from, including:
- Refrigerator with Top Freezer: The freezer section is at the top of the appliance and will be smaller in size. This is a great refrigerator for offering some storage even in tight spaces and will come with a very reasonable price, making them a fine option for anyone on a budget.
- Refrigerator with Bottom Freezer: Virtually the same as a top freezer, just with the freezer location switched around. This makes it easier to access the refrigerator section for fresher foods, with the need to bend down to gain access to the bottom freezer compartments. This is also one of the best-priced refrigerators available.
- Side-By-Side Refrigerator: This refrigerator sees the appliance evenly split, with fresh food being stored in one size and frozen food the other. Some can offer a little more space for the fresh food section, and they tend to be one of the narrowest refrigerators sold. This can make storing certain foods more difficult, for instance a frozen pizza may be too wide.
- French Door Refrigerator: Perhaps the best refrigerator in terms of aesthetics, they consist of two narrow doors at the top and smaller freezer at the bottom. They tend to be tall and large so are often costlier than most other types, but in terms of style and size they are up there with the best.
- Compact Refrigerator: As the name suggests, compact refrigerators are much smaller and compact, making them great for very small spaces such as bedrooms, dorms, offices etc. However, these are not the best refrigerators for storing large quantities of foods, and they still use the same amount of power as larger sized models.
Top 10 list of refrigerators (February 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their refrigerators rank and which refrigerator is the best.
- AUTO DEFROSTING FUNCTION - Beverage cooler is also designed with an additional temperature…
- POWERFUL COOLING SYSTEM - Our 120V 240W heavy duty, vertical chiller features energy…
- ADVANCED TEMPERATURE CONTROLS - Single zone beverage mini refrigerator has an easy…
- Adjustable Level Feet
- Reversibile Door (Allows for Right or Left Opening)
- Slide Out Tempered Glass Shelves; Adjustable Thermostat
- 3 REMOVABLE GLASS SHELVES INCLUDED - Our free standing mini fridge comes complete…
- REVERSIBLE DOOR with REMARKABLE STORAGE - This unit is designed with a roomy interior…
- FOOD STORAGE with a FUN & STYLISH FINISH - This machine is designed with a sleek…
- External Product Dimensions: 17.7 x 18.6 x 19.4" Note: The internal walls of the…
- Full 1-Year Warranty
- Features Adjustable Legs and a Reversible Door that can Open from Left or Right
- Separate chiller compartment
- Reversible door hinge for left or right-hand opening
- Adjustable thermostat makes temperature management simple
- Interior light
- Glass shelves
- Full width freezer compartment
- Color White
- Loading Capacity-7.3 cu. ft./ 206 Liters
- Depth 22 5/16"
- Dimensions-Width-21 7/16 inch, Depth-22 5/16 inch, Height-56 5/16 inch. Loading…
- Refrigerator offers 3 adjustable, slide-out glass shelves, one transparent vegetable…
- Manufactured in China
- Energy efficient and long lasting blue LED light illuminates the interior. Energy…
- Recessed side mount door handle and integrated lock with key. Tempered glass door…
- 3 black wire shelves and interior light.
- Six-month filter life: For best filtration results, filter cartridge should be replaced…
- Easy filter replacement: No tools of water-turnoff required to replace cartridge…
- Premium filtration: Certified to reduce chlorine-resistant cysts, lead, select pharmaceuticals…
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/02/19 15:20 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best refrigerators
Further resources about refrigerators
- Best Refrigerator Style for Your Kitchen | the spruce: Refrigerators come in various design styles. Here's what you need to know. (source: www.thespruce.com)
- Best Refrigerators | CNET: Need a new fridge? Here are our top picks of the year. (source: www.cnet.com)
- The Best Refrigerator | Reviews.com: Standalone fridges can differ vastly in price. Check out the latest reviews. (source: www.reviews.com)