Review10Best compares the best rice cookers and nominates the one by Aroma Housewares as the best rice cooker. In our rice cookers review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different rice cookers and follow our recommendation on which rice cooker to buy in 2020. With the rice cooker comparison, you can be sure to buy the best rice cooker on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate rice cooker buying guide
- View our rice cooker picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about rice cookers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Cooking rice is surprisingly challenging for many people. You need to get the right amount of water, the perfect temperature, and ensure it rests for the right period after being cooked - it’s no wonder so many people struggle to cook it right!
All these problems can be avoided with a good rice cooker though! This appliance makes cooking rice quick, easy, and stress-free, making it a great buy for anyone that loves rice. Check out the buying guide below for all the info you need to find the best rice cooker:
What are rice cookers?
As the name suggests, a rice cooker is a kitchen appliance used to boil or steam rice. While designs vary, most consist of a cooking bowl, heat source, and thermostat to help control the temperature of the bowl to avoid overcooking. The best rice cookers come with advanced features like sensors and can cook various things beyond rice, although these tend to cost more than a basic cooker.
Why should you buy a good rice cooker?
A good rice cooker takes all the hassle away from cooking rice. It will consistently prepare delicious rice with very little effort - just add rice and water and leave it to cook! You can leave the rice in the cooker after it is made, with most keeping it warm for a pronged period, while you will find some can be used to cook vegetables, stews, soups and more.
How to choose the right rice cooker?
Not sure what to look for in a rice cooker? Think about some of the following things to find the best rice cooker suitable for your needs:
- Size: Rice cookers come in various sizes, so think about how much rice you would need to cook in one sitting. For example, if you are cooking for a large family then you will need a decent-sized rice cooker with a large capacity. Rice cookers shouldn’t be over or under filled, as the rice comes out tasting bad, so make sure you choose a suitable size!
- Maintenance: While very low maintenance, you will need to clean the bowl inside the rice cooker, so look for something that is easy to clean like steel or aluminum, preferably with a non-stick coating, while you should check that it is dishwasher safe.
- Features: There are certain features that you’ll want in your rice cooker, namely a timer, automatic keep-warm, and quick-cook settings, while a digital control panel is a good feature to look for.
What is the best kind of rice cooker?
Here are the two most popular types of rice cookers that you can currently buy:
- Standard Rice Cooker: The best all-round rice cooker, these cost very little and are simple to use, making them a good option for most people. Check what features are included though, as they sometimes lack many of the must-have functions.
- Combo Rice Cookers: These rice cookers can cook different food beyond rice, such as soups, stews, and vegetables thanks to steaming and slow cook functions. Great for people looking for a versatile cooking appliance.
Top 10 list of rice cookers (April 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their rice cookers rank and which rice cooker is the best.
- Includes steam tray, rice measuring cup, serving spatula, and exclusive recipes and…
- 15-hour Delay Timer for flexible meal planning
- Great for soups, jambalaya, chili, and more. Save time with the Flash Rice function…
- Includes Steam Tray, Rice Measuring Cup and Serving Spatula
- Full-view tempered glass lid
- Great for soups, jambalaya, chili and so much more!
- Stainless steel 18/8 lid interior
- Extra thick inner pot with non stick ceramic coating for better, more even cooki…
- 120 volt 60 hertz power supply: Please check your voltage if not in North Americ…
- Stainless Steel Inner Pot: The Instant Pot stainless steel inner pot is made with…
- Most Popular Size Capacity: 6-quart large capacity cooks for up to 6 people –…
- Advanced Safety Protection - The 10+ built-in safety features, including Overheat…
- Accessories – this rice cooker includes a non-stick inner pot, rice measuring…
- User-friendly programming – this product is also a proud member of our “set…
- Capacity & Dimensions – The arc-150sb has a 20-cup cooked capacity yielding…
- Includes: the 200-watt Dash mini rice cooker is backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty…
- Portable + compact: the Dash rice cooker is your must-have for that first apartment,…
- Keep Warm function: updated with a keep Warm function and indicator light - never…
- 1 rice cup (6 ounce) is not equal to 1 US cup (8 ounce); Please use provided measuring…
- Cooking pot, lid & accessories are top rack dishwasher safe
- Automatic keep Warm
- Built in retractable power cord
- Interchangeable melody and beep signal
- Easy to clean clear coated stainless steel exterior, 2 delay time settings
- Capacity is measured in the approx. 6 oz. / 180mL rice measuring cup, using raw short…
- NOTE: Please ensure to measure rice in the cup that comes along with the product…
- Includes measuring cup, spatula, and removable cord for easy storing
- 2 Year Warranty
- Tempered Glass Lid
- Steams meat and vegetables while cooking rice simultaneously
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/03/28 08:05. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best rice cookers