Review10Best compares the best screwdrivers and nominates the one from Klein as the best screwdriver. In our screwdrivers review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different screwdrivers and follow our recommendation on which screwdriver to buy in 2019. With the screwdriver comparison, you can be sure to buy the best screwdriver on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate screwdriver buying guide
- View our screwdriver picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about screwdrivers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Choosing the best screwdriver is often easier than it sounds. While most people have a few on hand in their homes, there is a chance it’s not perfect for all types of work. Power tools are certainly useful, but many cases you still require a great screwdriver to get the job done correctly. Check out the buying below for how to choose the right screwdriver:
What are screwdrivers?
A screwdriver is the type of tool used for screwing and unscrewing screws. While designs vary, most screwdrivers feature a handle, shaft, and tip used to turn the screw. Different materials are used in screwdrivers, but it is important that the shaft is strong and durable, otherwise it might bend. For this reason, most of the best screwdrivers are made from tough steel. However, handles can vary with wood, metal, and plastics all used.
Why should you buy a good screwdriver?
Owning a good screwdriver is incredibly useful. It’s used for many odd jobs around the home, from building furniture to adding fixtures and fittings. In fact, there are so many jobs that a screwdriver is used for that it’s a good idea to have several sizes and tips.
How to choose the right screwdriver?
Choosing the best screwdriver can be difficult, especially if you don’t have any immediate plans to use it. However, you can use the same buying process on virtually every type of screwdriver to get the best option for your needs, so be sure to think about some of the following points:
- Matching it to Screws: The most important considering when buying a screwdriver is that it matches the screws you have. Using the wrong head makes screwing virtually impossible, and it may damage the screw, too. So always make sure the screwdriver you buy matches the screws. Flatheads and Phillips-heads are the two main tip types to buy, but also make sure any screwdriver is the right size - it should snuggly inside the screw.
- Materials: The best screwdrivers are strong and durable, so look for materials that provide this. For instance, a screwdriver head should be hardened for additional strength. Consider the material for the handle, which should be comfortable to grip, while the shaft should also be made from a strong steel to prevent bending.
- Intended Use: Think about how you plan to use the screwdriver before buying it. For example, if you are using it for the odd job around the house, then you should be fine with a few flathead and Philips-head tools. For large-scale projects, it may be worth getting a screwdriver set with many sizes, or investing in a multi-bit or powered screwdriver.
What is the best kind of screwdriver?
There many types of screwdrivers that are worth buying. In many cases, people like to buy a selection of screwdrivers to ensure they have all bases covered. Some of the best screwdriver types to buy include:
- Phillips Screwdriver: One of the two most common screwdriver types, they are recognized by the cross-section on the tip of the shaft. Available in many sizes, it’s a must-have screwdriver that should always be part of a great tool box.
- Flathead Screwdrivers: As the name suggests, the head of this screwdriver is flat and straight. It doesn’t feature as much torque as a Phillips screwdriver and screw, so have become less widespread in recent years. It is still a useful screwdriver and one worth buying.
- Offset Screwdrivers: Come with an L-shape for getting into tight spaces, offset screwdrivers are sold in both flathead and Phillips varieties. There are many sizes, and most manufacturers will categorize the screwdriver on the length of the shaft.
- Cordless Screwdrivers: An electric screwdriver, not to be confused with a cordless power drill, features an electric-powered handle used to power the tip. This offers additional power and torque and is especially useful for quickly removing screws.
Top 10 list of screwdrivers (April 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their screwdrivers rank and which screwdriver is the best.
- Assembled in USA of US and imported components
- TORX is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
- The following replacement bits are available: see Cat. No. 32482 (#1 Phillips and…
- ▶100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE! -- Your satisfaction is our greatest honor and responsibility!…
- ▶MEET ALL YOUR NEEDS: 5 pieces magnetic screwdriver kit includes 2 Phillips screwdrivers(PH1…
- ▶DURABLE & RELIABLE PERFORMANCE: Premium Chrome-vanadium steel shank for smooth…
- Ideal for kitchen drawer or car--no need for extra screwdrivers
- Bar is chrome plated for rust resistance
- Ergonomically designed bi-material handle for superb comfort
- ☞PACKAGE CONTENTS: 1 warranty card, 1 specification and 1 multipurpose Screwdriver!…
- ☞WIDELY APPLICATION: Perfect for home, work, handyman, mechanic or spare tools…
- ☞ERGONOMIC DESIGN: The overall design of the screwdriver shows quality craftsmanship.…
- 5. Portable : Professional portable hardware tools with perfect weight & compact…
- 4. High Quality : The Unique non-slip driver available on the market is machined…
- 3. Flexible Shaft : A flexible shaft is included, which is great for stereo work…
- Chrome Plated Bars for corrosion resistance
- Magnetic tips to help hold screws
- Stanley - Black & Decker
- Set details: 10-Piece set that is comprised of 5 Flat head and 5 Phillips head screwdrivers…
- Premium materials: Premium chrome vanadium steel that's heat-treated for a smooth…
- Non-slip handle: ergonomically designed with soft, Rubber that's comfortable to…
- ISO Certified
- Can also lock in place for more torque
- Available in 15-in-One, 6-in-One, 4-in-One and 2-in-One Combinations
- Multi-tool screwdriver includes 1/4"and 3/16" standard, #1 and #2 Phillips, #1 and…
- 9 bits and nut setters for use on a variety of fasteners and nuts
- Internal storage keeps bits and nut setters locked in place and close at hand
- Forward and reverse switch for easy screwdriving and screw removal
- Spindle lock allows manual screwdriving and greater control
- Three-position handle lets you work in tight spaces
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/04/25 16:39 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best screwdrivers