Review10Best compares the best slatted bed bases and nominates the one by Zinus as the best slatted bed base. In our slatted bed bases review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different slatted bed bases and follow our recommendation on which slatted bed base to buy in 2020. With the slatted bed base comparison, you can be sure to buy the best slatted bed base on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate slatted bed base buying guide
- View our slatted bed base picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about slatted bed bases
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best slatted bed base combines with your mattress to offer some of the best support when sleeping. However, it’s important to consider a few things before you buy a slatted bed base, otherwise, it might not be suitable for your mattress and sleeping habits, so make sure to do your homework first.
To help with this, check out this handy buying guide for all the information you need to find the best slatted bed bases.
What are slatted bed bases?
A slatted bed base is a type of framing used to support a mattress. It consists of several vertical slats across the base of the bed frame, which the mattress sits on top of. Designs vary with different materials used for the slats, which can be either firm or flexible depending on the style.
Why should you buy a good slatted bed base?
The best slatted bed bases offer many benefits, including offering fantastic weight distribution for the mattress, resulting in a more comfortable night’s sleep and fewer aches and pains. It also offers great ventilation, ensuring your mattress remains in clean and hygienic condition for longer. Many good slatted bed bases can be adjusted too, allowing you to find the perfect support for your weight and sleeping position.
How to choose the right slatted bed base?
Struggling to find the best slatted bed base? Here are some things to think about:
- Mattress Size: If you already have a mattress then choosing the right slatted base is a bit easier. Simply choose the base according to the size of your mattress, with full-size mattress requiring a double frame, a queen size frame for queen size mattress and so on. It may help to measure the mattress first, as not all frames are made to fit.
- Room Size: If you don’t have a mattress purchased for the slatted bed base then consider the overall size of your room, choosing a frame that will fit in your room. If your current bed makes your room feel too cramped then a smaller base is a good idea to make it feel more spacious.
- Storage Space: Slatted bed bases can offer varying levels of storage, so think about how much additional space you need beneath the bed. You can store stuff under most slatted bases, although you may prefer a platform design that includes drawers or shelves built into the frame for more discreet storage.
What is the best kind of slatted bed base?
There are two main types of slatted bed bases to choose from:
- Fixed Slatted Bed Bases: This type of bed base has hard slats that have very little support, with the slats typically made from robust hardwoods. While very strong and durable, the lack of support may not offer the best weight distribution, although it may not be a problem if you don’t suffer from aches, pains, or other sleep-related issues.
- Spring Slatted Bed Bases: The slats on spring slatted bed bases are much more flexible than fixed slats, providing better weight distribution and adjustability. While more expensive, this type of base is great for people with back or neck issues, while the mattress tends to last longer due to increased breathability.
Top 10 list of slatted bed bases (April 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their slatted bed bases rank and which slatted bed base is the best.
- Worry free 5 year limited warranty
- Foam padded tape is added to the steel frame for noise free use and non-slip tape…
- Offers additional support for Spring, Hybrid, and memory foam mattresses
- Worry-free 5-year warranty
- No assembly required- just remove from Packaging and put in place/ ideal for platform…
- Place vertically from the head of bed to foot instead of horizontally for maximum…
- 5 year limited warranty
- Plastic feet protect your floors
- Assembles easily in minutes
- Worry free 5 year warranty
- No assembly required just remove from Packaging and put in place/ ideal for platform…
- Place vertically from head of the bed to foot instead of horizontally for maximum…
- 12.5 inches of clearance under the frame for valuable under bed storage space
- Foam padded tape is added to the steel frame for noise-free use. Folds in half for…
- 14 wooden slats, center support bar and seven foldable legs provide strength and…
- SPACE BETWEEN SLATS: Measure 2. 4" For the twin & Full Size. 2. 3"…
- AMOUNT OF SLATS: twin-13, Twin xl-14, full-13, queen-14, king-14, Cal. King-14
- SLATS WIDTH: Twin & Twin xl-39, full & full xl-54, Queen-60, King-76
- 14" height of frame allows for plenty of under bed storage
- 14 wooden slats, center support bar, and ten foldable legs provide strength and…
- Easy to assemble-in minutes-no tools required
- Worry free 5 year limited warranty / Box Spring only, Bed frame sold separately
- Foam padded tape is added to the steel frame for noise free use and non slip tape…
- Offers additional support for Spring, Hybrid, and memory foam mattresses. Product…
- Contemporary bed with storage – the bed frame offers ample under-bed storage…
- Available Dimensions for mattress and box Spring: 79. 5 x 59. 5 inches
- Assembled dimensions: 81.5 x 61.5 x 14 inches
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/03/27 22:20. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best slatted bed bases