Review10Best compares the best slow cookers and nominates the one from Crockpot as the best slow cooker. In our slow cookers review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different slow cookers and follow our recommendation on which slow cooker to buy in 2018. With the slow cooker comparison, you can be sure to buy the best slow cooker on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate slow cooker buying guide
- View our slow cooker picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to slow cookers
- Watch recommended videos about slow cookers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best slow cookers make cooking meals easy and convenient. A useful appliance for any kitchen, slow cookers are versatile yet simple to use, allowing a wide range of meals to be prepared with minimal effort. Also, a good slow cooker doesn’t cost that much making it a great budget buy, while costlier slow cookers are also a great option if you want a wider array of functions.
Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best slow cooker:
What are slow cookers?
A slow cooker - also known as Crock-Pot - is a countertop cooking appliance used to prepare a variety of meals, usually by simmering at low temperatures. By cooking a much lower temperature than other methods such as boiling or frying, a slow cooker can be left alone to cook food for several hours.
Why should you buy a good slow cooker?
The best slow cookers are very convenient, making them a fine investment for many. By allowing food to be left for hours unattended as it slow cooks, you can make plenty of meals without constantly monitoring them in the kitchen.Furthermore, a good slow cooker is very effective when used with cheap ingredients like vegetables and low-cost cuts of meat, allowing you to prepare inexpensive yet delicious meals. From stews to soups to roasted meats, it’s possible to cook a huge range of meals with little effort, making a slow cooker a very worthwhile investment.
How to choose the right slow cooker?
Choosing the best slow cooker requires some thought and consideration to ensure you get the perfect appliance for your needs. Here are some things to think about when buying a slow cooker: S
- Size: The size of a slow cooker is important as it impacts how large of a meal it prepares. For individuals or couples, a small slow cooker with a small capacity should be fine, while families with upwards of 4 people should look for a large slow cooker with a larger capacity. It’s often a good idea to go for a bigger size slow cooker, as most recipes are designed to feed several people.
- Shape: There are typically two slow cooker shapes available, either oval or round. Oval slow cookers are the best option for cooking large cuts of meat. Round slow cookers are a great choice for most other meals, such as stews, curries and chili.
- Functions: A good slow cooker doesn’t need more than the basic functions such as low/high-temperature settings, but many have additional functions that may be useful. For instance, searing is ideal for preparing meats in the slow cooker and for sautéing vegetables, while programmable controls allow for even more precise control over what you make.
What is the best kind of slow cooker?
There are a few choices available when it comes to types of slow cookers, any of which may be ideal for your needs. In the following, we list the best-selling slow cookers:
- Stainless Steel Slow Cookers: Among the most common and best-priced slow cookers, those made from stainless steel are very easy to clean and highly durable. This type of slow cooker is typically a manual one with a few heat settings, helping to make it low-cost yet still great for cooking. The inner pot of the slow cooker is made of stainless steel, making it very similar to a standard cooking pot, while the outer pot has a nice finish to it as well.
- Programmable Slow Cookers: Newer slow cookers are often programmable with various features that make them even more versatile than conventional slow cookers. For instance, programmable slow cookers let you adjust the cooking temperatures rather than being pre-set, offering even more control over the meals you cook.
Top 10 list of slow cookers (February 2018)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their slow cookers rank and which slow cooker is the best.
- Works on 240 Watts at 120V A.C. and 60Hz
- Removable oval stoneware is stylish for any table.All Crock-Pot Slow Cooker removable…
- Easy-to-use locking lid featuring lid gasket provides extra seal for less mess o…
- Time setting - select 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 hours of cooking time
- Temperature setting - choose warm, low or high; No watching needed, when cooking…
- Wraparound element for even heating
- Dimension(inch):9 H x 8.9 W x 7.4 D
- Compact slow cooker with purple polka-dot design.Recipes included
- Crock-Pot features removable, dishwasher-safe stoneware insert, and dishwasher-safe…
- Two Years Warranty - We are confident with the quality of our Aicok slow cooker.…
- Easy to Clean up - The brushed stainless steel heating unit can be wiped clean with…
- Jumbo Oval Slow Cooker - With the 7-quart capacity slow cooker, ideal for home kitchen…
- 6 QUART CAPACITY: Spacious size is perfect for a 6 lb. chicken or 4 lb. roast.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Removable and dishwasher safe crock and glass lid make cleanup simple…
- CLIP-TIGHT GASKET LID: The lid clips securely in place, perfect for taking the slow…
- Accessories include: Rice measuring cup, stainless steel steam rack without handles,…
- Stainless steel (18/8) inner cooking pot, food grade 304, no chemical coating, 3-ply…
- Up to 24 hour delay start, automatic Keep Warm up to 10 hours, and sound ON/OFF..10…
- Recipes included. Dimensions - H 10.3 x W 16.8 x D 11.8 inches
- Polished silver, stainless steel exterior with black accents and plastic handles
- Crock-Pot features removable, dishwasher-safe stoneware insert and dishwasher-safe…
- Polished, silver stainless steel exterior with black accents and plastic handles
- Removable, dishwasher-safe stoneware insert, and dishwasher-safe locking glass l…
- High/Low/Warm settings. Dimensions(inches) - H: 15.4 x W: 15.3 x D: 9.8. Cord length…
- Do not use the ceramic insert on the stove top or in an oven to prepare foods
- Dishwasher-safe insert and lid for an easy cleaning
- Integrated handles on insert for an easy grip and glass lid to trap in heat and…
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2018/02/24 16:07 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Other reviews related to slow cookers
Recommended Video about the best slow cookers