Review10Best compares the best soaps and nominates the one from Irish Spring as the best soap. In our soaps review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different soaps and follow our recommendation on which soap to buy in 2019. With the soap comparison, you can be sure to buy the best soap on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate soap buying guide
- View our soap picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about soaps
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Looking to buy the best soap for your body? There are so many options available that knowing what works best for you can isn’t always obvious. Soaps are designed for different skin types, while there are many people that choose their soap based on scent and ingredients, so finding the best soap is often a case of trial and error.
What are soaps?
Soap is a personal hygiene product used to clean the body. They come in many forms, including solid bars and liquid gels, while there are countless types of ingredients used, although they are traditionally made from fatty acids, natural oils, and strong alkalis. Various colours and scents are added to make it a pleasant-smelling product for cleaning skin.
Why should you buy a good soap?
A good soap is important for cleaning away dirt and odours build ups on the body, leaving the skin feeling fresh and clean. Some of the best soaps also include additional benefits such as moisturisers that make the skin look and feel better. Some soaps are designed for specific jobs, such as hand soaps for cleaning away germs or luxury soaps that relax and unwind when used in baths or showers.
How to choose the right soap?
Choosing the best soap for your skin is very important, otherwise it may end up drying it out. Here are some things to consider when looking for quality soap:
- Skin Type: Knowing your skin type is important for choosing the best soap for your body. For instance, if your skin is oily, then it’s a good idea to choose soaps that are designed to gently clean oil build-ups. Dry or sensitive skin types should also look for appropriate soaps that work well with their skin.
- Ingredients: Not everyone reacts well to certain ingredients in soap, so always take the time to inspect the ingredients to determine their quality. Be mindful of soaps with high amounts of chemicals, and try to focus on products that use mostly natural ingredients (e.g. essential oils, vegetable oils, sodium hydroxide).
- Versatility: The best soap effectively cleans skin, but it can also offer a lot more. For example, deep cleaning, moisturising, and facial cleansers are just a few of the additional properties many soaps can offer.
What is the best kind of soap?
There are many types of soaps available, any of which could be the perfect match for your skin type. Here are some of the most common types of soap to buy:
- Handmade Soap: All soap is made from the same chemical reaction, but they can be processed in different ways, such as being made entirely by hand. These are often known as natural soaps due to the natural ingredients that are used when making them.
- Cold Process Soap: A popular type of handmade soap, it’s made entirely from scratch and involves no heating when being made. They are usually specialist soaps that use premium ingredients, making each one very unique Available in many colours, they often come with a creamy texture and can feature a range of lathers depending on the oils used.
- Hot Process Soap: Almost identical to cold process soap with the expectation that heat is used during the soap making process. The heat process does result in a much smoother feeling soap, while colours, textures, and lathers depend oils and other natural ingredients. Like cold process soap, this is one of the highest quality soaps available.
- Liquid Soap: Rather than being made to form a solid bar of soap, this type of soap remains a liquid because potassium hydroxide is used rather than sodium hydroxide. Note that most shower gels and other liquid ‘soaps’ aren’t soap at all; they use synthetic detergents rather than natural ingredients, so be sure to check this when looking!
Top 10 list of soaps (July 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their soaps rank and which soap is the best.
- Big Size 3.75oz Bar
- Irish Spring Deodorant Soap
- The actual product may be different than product image
- Pack of Six, 7.5 fluid ounce (Total of 45 fluid ounce)
- Dermatologist Tested, Gentle on Hands
- Rich Lathering Soap that Leaves Hands Feeling Soft
- Luxurious and creamy foam hand wash formula that is gentle on skin and guaranteed…
- Kills 99.9% of Germs (Bacteria encountered in household settings)
- Antibacterial protection that you and your family can trust in a convenient 2-scent…
- Leaves hands soft, clean and sublimely scented
- 100% recycled and recyclable plastic bottle
- Paraben free and biodegradable
- CREAMY LATHER: Formulated to provide creamy, moisture rich lather that washes away…
- MOISTURE BALANCE: Clean rinsing and hydrating formula for the perfect balance of…
- ODOR PROTECTION: Round the clock odor protection to help you feel clean and fresh…
- no synthetic chemicals
- no fragrances
- only premium essential oils
- Won't dry your skin
- Rich creamy lather
- Decreases bacteria on the skin
- Leaves hands soft, clean and sublimely scented. Packing type- pump dispenser
- 100% recycled and recyclable plastic bottle
- Triclosan free and biodegradable. Deionized for purity, extracted from abundant…
- 2 bar of pure cocoa shea butter & vitamin e, 4.25 ounces /120 g and 2 bar of…
- 2 bar lemon verbena with natural shea butter and pure citrus oils - softens and…
- 2 bar oatmeal & almond with natural oatmeal to soothe dry skin - gently exfo…
- Mrs. Meyer's produces cruelty free hand soaps. None of our products are tested on…
- Thoughtfully chosen ingredients with no parabens, phthalates , or artificial col…
- Garden-fresh lemon verbena hand soap has a light, refreshingly mild citrus scent
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/07/18 23:18. o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best soaps