Review10Best compares the best soaps and nominates the one from Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day as the best soap. In our soaps review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different soaps and follow our recommendation on which soap to buy in 2018. With the soap comparison, you can be sure to buy the best soap on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate soap buying guide
- View our soap picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about soaps
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Looking to buy the best soap for your body? There are so many options available that knowing what works best for you can isn’t always obvious. Soaps are designed for different skin types, while there are many people that choose their soap based on scent and ingredients, so finding the best soap is often a case of trial and error.
What are soaps?
Soap is a personal hygiene product used to clean the body. They come in many forms, including solid bars and liquid gels, while there are countless types of ingredients used, although they are traditionally made from fatty acids, natural oils, and strong alkalis. Various colours and scents are added to make it a pleasant-smelling product for cleaning skin.
Why should you buy a good soap?
A good soap is important for cleaning away dirt and odours build ups on the body, leaving the skin feeling fresh and clean. Some of the best soaps also include additional benefits such as moisturisers that make the skin look and feel better. Some soaps are designed for specific jobs, such as hand soaps for cleaning away germs or luxury soaps that relax and unwind when used in baths or showers.
How to choose the right soap?
Choosing the best soap for your skin is very important, otherwise it may end up drying it out. Here are some things to consider when looking for quality soap:
- Skin Type: Knowing your skin type is important for choosing the best soap for your body. For instance, if your skin is oily, then it’s a good idea to choose soaps that are designed to gently clean oil build-ups. Dry or sensitive skin types should also look for appropriate soaps that work well with their skin.
- Ingredients: Not everyone reacts well to certain ingredients in soap, so always take the time to inspect the ingredients to determine their quality. Be mindful of soaps with high amounts of chemicals, and try to focus on products that use mostly natural ingredients (e.g. essential oils, vegetable oils, sodium hydroxide).
- Versatility: The best soap effectively cleans skin, but it can also offer a lot more. For example, deep cleaning, moisturising, and facial cleansers are just a few of the additional properties many soaps can offer.
What is the best kind of soap?
There are many types of soaps available, any of which could be the perfect match for your skin type. Here are some of the most common types of soap to buy:
- Handmade Soap: All soap is made from the same chemical reaction, but they can be processed in different ways, such as being made entirely by hand. These are often known as natural soaps due to the natural ingredients that are used when making them.
- Cold Process Soap: A popular type of handmade soap, it’s made entirely from scratch and involves no heating when being made. They are usually specialist soaps that use premium ingredients, making each one very unique Available in many colours, they often come with a creamy texture and can feature a range of lathers depending on the oils used.
- Hot Process Soap: Almost identical to cold process soap with the expectation that heat is used during the soap making process. The heat process does result in a much smoother feeling soap, while colours, textures, and lathers depend oils and other natural ingredients. Like cold process soap, this is one of the highest quality soaps available.
- Liquid Soap: Rather than being made to form a solid bar of soap, this type of soap remains a liquid because potassium hydroxide is used rather than sodium hydroxide. Note that most shower gels and other liquid ‘soaps’ aren’t soap at all; they use synthetic detergents rather than natural ingredients, so be sure to check this when looking!
Top 10 list of soaps (April 2018)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their soaps rank and which soap is the best.
- Free of animal-derived ingredients and not tested on animals
- Made with essential oils and plant-derived ingredients
- Phthalate, paraben, DEA and sulfate free
- Helps keep you feeling clean and fresh
- 12-hour deodorant protection
- Great, invigorating scent
- Usage Instructions lather in hands or on a washcloth and wash entire body
- Perfect for helping relieve symptoms of eczema and psoriasis
- Helps calm and clear blemishes and troubled skin
- Proudly made in the USA
- Free of dyes & heavy perfumes
- For beautiful-looking skin
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - Everyone has their own personal tastes, senses and…
- VARIETY / GIFT PACK - 6 individually wrapped bars in a stylish gift box perfect for…
- TEXTURED WITH NATURAL ISLAND BOTANICALS - An exotic blend of organic ingredients…
- FRENCH ARTISANAL SOAP, NO IMMITATIONS - No animal testing, Free of Parabens, Ethyl…
- THE PERFECT HOUSEHOLD SOAP - Use in every bathroom, in the kitchen, or give it away…
- BEAUTIFUL FRAGRACE - Made with quality ingredients our soap bars will fill your bathroom…
- CREAMY LATHER: Formulated to provide creamy, moisture rich lather that washes away…
- MOISTURE BALANCE: Clean rinsing and hydrating formula for the perfect balance of…
- ODOR PROTECTION: Round the clock odor protection to help you feel clean and fresh…
- Refill only with dial total clean formula
- Kills 99.9 percent of germs (bacteria encountered in household settings)
- Hand soap with moisturizer
- These soaps will leave your skin super soft, ultra-moisturized, and beautifully…
- Crafted with essential oils and skin caring ingredients that help smooth your skin…
- Experience these lovely scents and rich lather for a truly delightful shower
- Leaves hands soft, clean and sublimely scented.
- Refill pouch saves plastic, water and energy.
- Triclosan free and biodegradable.
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2018/04/23 14:55 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best soaps