Review10Best compares the best toasters and nominates the one from AmazonBasics as the best toaster. In our toasters review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different toasters and follow our recommendation on which toaster to buy in 2018. With the toaster comparison, you can be sure to buy the best toaster on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate toaster buying guide
- View our toaster picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about toasters
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best toasters offer delicious toast every time without fail, regardless of the choice of bread used. However, not all toasters are so efficient when it comes to toasting all types of bread, so it’s always worth buying a great toaster to ensure you get that perfect toast time and time again. Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the right toaster:
What are toasters?
A toaster is a small electrical appliance used to make toast. It works by exposing radiant heat to bread, therefore turning it into toast. The best toaster also work effectively with various other bread products, such as bagels, sliced rolls, crumpets etc.
Why should you buy a good toaster?
A good toaster is a great appliance to have. It allows you to make toast, which is a very enjoyable snack and is also suitable for heating various other breaded products. If you enjoy toast in the morning - or at any other part of the day - then it’s always recommended to have a quality toaster. It’s possible to toast bread by other methods, but none are as efficient or quick as the great toasters.
How to choose the right toaster?
Choosing the best toaster isn’t as easy as many assume. There are countless products available and a range of features worth checking out, while cheaper toasters are often unreliable, so be sure to consider some of the following things:
- Capacity: Toasters come with either two or four-slice capacities, with the latter typically costing more due to its increased size. If you and your family eat toast often, then a four-slice toaster is a great choice, while those that eat toast infrequently will be fine with a cheaper two-slice toaster.
- Slot-Width: The best toasters feature variable slot-widths that allow them to toast a variety of bread. Not all toasters have this feature, and it’s an important one if you want toast different products such as bagels and specialty bread.
- Lift: Toasters have different lift levels so it’s important to consider this, otherwise smaller products such as crumpets and muffins are difficult to remove from the toaster. If you’re only using normal bread then lift isn’t much of a concern, but if you want to cook other stuff be sure to get a toaster with a high lift.
- Extra Features: There are a variety of additional features found in most toasters, so be sure to think about which features are useful. For instance, a sandwich rack allows toasties to be made in the toaster, while defrosting settings are perfect for cooking frozen bread.
What is the best kind of toaster?
There are several types of toasters available, any of which you may find appealing. They include:
- Pop-up Toaster: The most popular type of toaster by some margin, pop-up toasters feature two or four vertical bread slots at the top of the toaster. They usually operate via a lever at the side, with the toast popping up and out of the slot. Available in many shapes, sizes, and materials, pop-up toasters are a the best option for most people: being quick, effective, and relatively affordable.
- Toaster Oven: A toaster oven is a small oven with a cooking rack and removable small pan. Bread is placed on the wire rack before shutting the door, after which it cooks inside. Once ready, a toaster oven shuts off automatically, although you usually open the door manually. An appealing aspect of a toaster oven is its versatility. Not is it suitable for cooking toast, it has many of the functions of a conventional oven, albeit on a smaller scale. This makes it a great choice for cooking toast with toppings such as cheese, but it tends to cook bread slower than a pop-up toaster.
Top 10 list of toasters (November 2018)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their toasters rank and which toaster is the best.
- Buttons illuminate to indicate selected settings; backed by an AmazonBasics limited…
- Extra-lift lever for safely removing smaller pieces; 22-inch power cord (when routed…
- Bagel setting for toasting just the cut side; Frozen setting for defrosting bread;…
- UC Cubic Feet- 0.65, MC Cubic Feet- 1.58
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
- Instruction book included. BPA free
- Cord storage to avoid tangle wire; 2-year worldwide warranty
- Unique design of brushed and chrome stainless steel with blue LED indicators to look…
- High lift lever feature for easy removal of the smaller slices and items; Removable…
- Volts is 120 and Wattage is 1500
- Drop-Down Crumb Trays - Keep the counter clean and the kitchen smelling fresh. Dual…
- Extra Lift - The levers lift toast safely into reach. One lever for each half of…
- Auto shutoff
- Cancel button
- Toast boost lifts bread higher, making it easy to grab when done
- Cord wrap for convenient storage
- Slide-out crumb tray for easy cleanup
- Cancel / auto shutoff
- NOTE: Refer the Operation step from the User Manual for better use.
- Cord storage; 2-year worldwide warranty
- Unique design of brushed and chrome stainless steel with blue LED indicators
- Slide-out crumb tray
- 1-1/2-inch wide toasting slots
- Reheat, defrost and bagel controls
- Cool-wall sides won't burn hands if sides are touched accidentally
- Toast shade selector
- Auto shutoff. A drop-down crumb tray offers fast, easy cleanup
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards. Simplicity and versatility…
- Slide function lever; automatic shut-off; removable crumb tray for quick cleanup
- Electronic toast-shade and oven-temperature controls ensure consistent results
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2018/11/18 21:10. o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best toasters